COMPLETE-[BULGARIAN] Staroplaninski Legendi, Yovkov - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

This project is complete. All the files can be downloaded from our catalogue : http://librivox.org/staroplaninski-legendi-by-yordan-yovkov-0812

Another Bulgarian project to go:

Старопланински легенди, от Йордан Йовков / Legends from the Old Mountain, by Yordan Yovkov (1880-1937).
Цикълът разкази "Старопланински легенди" съдържа десет творби, в чийто сюжетен център стоят любовта, истината, добротата, нравствеността и красотата. Легендите ни пренасят в стари, хайдушки времена, под величествените върхари на Стара Планина. (Ten classical short stories about love, truth, goodness, morality and beauty, taking us back to the days of yore in the bosom of the Old Mountain Balkan, written in 1926-1927 by the Bulgarian writer Yordan Yovkov) (Summary by Euthymius)
  • Target completion date: December 2008
  • Йордан Йовков, събрани съчинения, т. 2: http://slovo.bg/showwork.php3?AuID=95&WorkID=2290&Level=1
  • Type of proof-listening required: Standard.

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Заглавие на разказа [number] от "Старопланински легенди". - Записано за Либривокс. Всички записи на Либривокс са обществено достояние. За повече информация посетете Либ-ри-вокс-точка-орг.
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Say:
      "Старопланински легенди от Йордан Йовков. [Заглавие на разказа]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      Край на ... "
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Край на сборника "Старопланински легедни" от Йордан Йовков.
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    staroplaninskilegendi_##_yovkov.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - [Заглавие на разказа] (in Roman alphabet)
    Artist: Yordan Yovkov
    Album: Staroplaninski legendi
===========================================
[list]
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): http://bg.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%99%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B4%D0%B0%D0%BD_%D0%99%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B2 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yordan_Yovkov
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://slovo.bg/showwork.php3?AuID=95&WorkID=2290&Level=1
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 10
[*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
[*]Original publication date (if known): 1926-1927
[*]Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is author's death + 50 or 70 years): 1937
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: Euthymius[/list]
Last edited by euthymius on December 17th, 2008, 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Euhtymius,

Sorry to be the one always talking about it but, the original publication being 1926-1927, did you check the copyright status in the USA (anything published before 1923 is PD there. But for works published from 1923 onwards, there's a fair chance it is not).

Kind regards,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Hello, Ezwa!

All the works of Yovkov are in the public domain in Bulgaria (71 years after his death). It is not in the copyright renewals in the Catalog of copyright entries in the gutenberg.org. And how could it be since, as far as I know, has never been published (in Bulgarian) in the USA.

I thought this author's works being PD in BG should suffice...

I don't know...
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Goodevening Euthymius,
euthymius wrote:[...] It is not in the copyright renewals in the Catalog of copyright entries in the gutenberg.org. And how could it be since, as far as I know, has never been published (in Bulgarian) in the USA.
Which years did you check for the copyrights' renewals?
I guess it's OK if it's not in there.
euthymius wrote:I thought this author's works being PD in BG should suffice...
Well, there are things that are PD in the USA which are not PD in Bulgaria and it goes the other way around as well.
So, if the work is PD in Bulgaria, it's great.
If you checked the copyright's renewals and didn't find it, I believe it's a green light*.

*You might like to have a second opinion on that.

Cheers,
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

euthymius

Post by euthymius »

I checked the years 1953-1956 (as X+26...29 years after original year of publication) here: http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/cce/

No trace of Yovkov (as I said, I doubt he has ever been published in the US.)

As of 2007, all his works are in the PD here. I still have no reply from the Ministry of Culture as to Vlaikov's works. Perhaps I should try harder. It is absurd, though, that some forgotten literature that was in the PD in the 1990s (according to the law then) should now be doubted. Moreover, this is an author who has no heirs and is a XIX century writer primarily... What can one say but that laws are more efficient in obstructing than in promulgating written culture in a society where visual entertainment prevails...

But as you often say, ... cheers! :)
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

So, shall I go on and start recording?
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

I believe you can go ahead since we checked and didn't find any copyrights' renewal.

PS: I checked the year 1952 and didn't find anything either.
Ezwa

Boileau

euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Thanks, Ezwa!

I have seen editions of Yovkov's works in English that may have been published in the US, but, then, the copyright pertains to the translation and not the PD original, true?

This book was in fact translated into English, I found it here.

And just a hint here...

Well, this is green light, then, for all his works I believe! And wonderful it is...
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

I recorded the First Section.
Waiting for the MW...
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

euthymius wrote:I recorded the First Section.
Waiting for the MW...
Oops! It's coming!

euthymius wrote:Well, this is green light, then, for all his works I believe! And wonderful it is...
Well, each work will need to be checked. One never knows.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

The MW is set, Euthymius.

For the tags, please use only Roman alphabet.

Cheers,
Ezwa

Boileau

euthymius

Post by euthymius »

ezwa wrote:The MW is set, Euthymius.
Thank you, Ezwa!
Section one is online!
For the tags, please use only Roman alphabet.

Cheers,
I will.
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Ezwa, could you please sign up at_sight as the dedicated prooflistener. I asked him for this (he is not active participant in the forums) and he already reported that the prooflistening of the 1st section resulted in OK. With the stipulation that I use the full disclaimer for S. 1 and for the rest, the short one.

I suppose he would be able to write in the MW himself after the username has been assigned?
Best regards,
Euthymius
euthymius

Post by euthymius »

Section 2 is ready and uploaded.
Best regards,
Euthymius
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

at_sight is now DPL.
I'll send him the info he needs to edit the MW, if he wants.

For the disclaimer, for the second section and following ones, it's not the poetry disclaimer that is now being used. You can find the one now used here: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ProjectTemplatesForSoloists :
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of [Book title]. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name]"
  • Say:
    "Title, by Author. [Translated by [translator]]. [Chapter]"
Ezwa

Boileau