COMPLETE [RUSSIAN] Poezdka v Polesye by I. Turgenev - OL/ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
caree

Post by caree »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/poezdka-v-polesye-by-ivan-turgenev/

[RUSSIAN] A Trip To Polesye by Ivan Turgenev

Author = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turgenev
Source = http://az.lib.ru/t/turgenew_i_s/text_0105.shtml

This text is in a real public domain :)

Description = Later
Consists of 3 parts: part1,2 - been sent to Kri at sinister! @ !greenkri.com
part3 has not been sent yet.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello caree,

you already claimed your second project - that's great. :D
I will meta-coordinate your project. That means I am the first to answer your questions and I will take care of your files. The role of meta-coordinators is described here in detail:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6547#7129
The best thing is not to send your files directly to someone, but either post the yousendit link here in the forum or wait until a metacoordinator tells you where to send them. If someone suddenly gets some mp3s causes a bit of confusion :wink:. You can send the file to me directly by using this email-adress: raynr AT web.de
You don't have to send your files again, I contacted Kristin and she will send them to me.

Greetings and thanks for your contribution,

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
caree

Post by caree »

raynr wrote: you already claimed your second project - that's great. :D
I will meta-coordinate your project. That means I am the first to answer your questions and I will take care of your files.
[]
You can send the file to me directly by using this email-adress: raynr AT web.de
OK, I got it :) Got the ideas of organisation, I mean.
I'll send you the part3 asap.
Thanks for explanation.
caree

Post by caree »

raynr wrote: you already claimed your second project - that's great. :D
Hi there !

Here is description for this project. I'll send you last part (third) this night.

---
Description

To tell the truth, this story -- "A trip to Polesye" -- is not so much complicated with phylosophy or psychology ideas. In this story author had another goal -- to describe the beauty of places where he was born, the beauty of nature. The only thing which hero's doing is the travel on horses across the small villages in the heart of Russia. You can also appreciate the artistic, colorful and talanted description of all that nature if you will read/listen to this small story.

[Sidenote]

The text is read without any author's remarks, because there are a lot of them, and if I tried to read with remarks, the text would be completely unable to listen to..

---

And btw, you're from Germany, so can't you tell me please, what considered to be such a German author -- Erich Maria Remarque ? This is one of my favorite author in Deutschland, and I'd like to know what people think of him in his homeland. Can you tell me from the point of view of citizen of Germany -- is he still popular or not, are his books drew to the annals of history and his talant is completely forgotten ? Thanks in advance :)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hmmm... Remarque... I don't think he's that well known any more, although of course he was very prolific in his writing. I believe Remarque is a pseudonym for Kramer, written back to front. I think he was very popular up to the 70s/80s or so. When I read him (in the 80s), I thought he was quite old-fashioned - the sort of 'popular' books that could be found in some parents' bookcases. I liked "Im Westen nichts Neues" (All Quiet on the Western Front) when I read it. - I don't think very many of my contemporaries know much about Remarque, although that title will bring instant recognition.

Let's see what Rainer's take on it is. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
caree

Post by caree »

Gesine wrote:I believe Remarque is a pseudonym for Kramer, written back to front.
I have a book of russian translations of Remarque's short stories he wrote in his whole lifetime. One of these stories is called <<Great and unimportant "surprises" of my life (The interview with myself)>> (1966). In first lines Remarque states:

Question: Your surname is Kramer, isn't it?
Answer: No. But there wasn't an obstacle for this rubbish to became widespread in the world and still regarded as a truth.
I think it was the myth by Hitler's company to make him offended and make people believe that he was "dirty Jewish"... the usual practice for that time...
Gesine wrote: When I read him (in the 80s), I thought he was quite old-fashioned - the sort of 'popular' books that could be found in some parents' bookcases. I liked "Im Westen nichts Neues" (All Quiet on the Western Front) when I read it. - I don't think very many of my contemporaries know much about Remarque, although that title will bring instant recognition.
Yeah, I read once that German people have forgotten him... That's a bit sad. I know his art is regarded a little sentimental, romantic and old fashioned, but to my mind... well.. I've read it with one attempt (I mean I sat in the morning and till the deep night read that book), that was rather easy and interesting, I just flew into that athomsphere of Germany in the beginning of 20 century and that images he done seemed to me amazing.. well, may be it's because in the 80s my person wasn't even in a project %)...
Gesine wrote: Let's see what Rainer's take on it is. :)
Yeah, I'm also very interested in knowing his pov %)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Question: Your surname is Kramer, isn't it?
Answer: No. But there wasn't an obstacle for this rubbish to became widespread in the world and still regarded as a truth.
I think it was the myth by Hitler's company to make him offended and make people believe that he was "dirty Jewish"... the usual practice for that time...
How interesting. Is Kramer a Jewish name? I suppose it might be. I'm sure I read that on one of his book covers. Perhaps the marketing dept at his publisher's liked the story and decided to use it... :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
caree

Post by caree »

Gesine wrote: How interesting. Is Kramer a Jewish name? I suppose it might be.

Well, in those days it was enough to claim that IT IS FOR SURE and the owner of this name became a public enemy.
Gesine wrote:I'm sure I read that on one of his book covers. Perhaps the marketing dept at his publisher's liked the story and decided to use it... :)
Yes, definitely :) Argh, greedy sons of a market :)
raynr

Post by raynr »

caree wrote:Yeah, I read once that German people have forgotten him...
And I fear I am one of these, although I claim not to be wholly illiterate.
But I looked up his name and books on Wikipedia and remembered. I didn't read any of his books, but "Im Westen nichts neues" (All Quiet on the Western Front) is very well known. At least the title :wink:, it's even a very well known phrase nowadays.
Wikipedia also claimes that his real name is Remark, and he just changed it in "Remarque".

But now you all have made me curious about this author. I really have to read one of his books...
caree

Post by caree »

raynr wrote:But now you all have made me curious about this author. I really have to read one of his books...
Cool! That would be really great! But he died only about 30 years ago, so his texts might not be available over Internet... Although I've seen a couple of chapters somewhere...

BTW, Here's the third part. Rename to mp3, and please, download ASAP, because I don't know if they (rootshell.be) can erase it. (due to some tech problems I cannot send you this file over e-mail..)

phenix.rootshell.be/~yvaldm/Ivan-Turgenev-part3.3pm

Thanks
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

But he died only about 30 years ago, so his texts might not be available over Internet...
Well, fortunately there are still some other sources for obtaining books. *Real* books, even. :)

Well done for getting part 3 done!
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello caree,

I downloaded the file and listened into it a little bit. It's a very good recording. But I had only time to take a quick glance at it. I will listen to it on the weekend and start to catalogue it if everything is allright!
Thanks a lot! :D
caree

Post by caree »

raynr wrote:I downloaded the file and listened into it a little bit. It's a very good recording. But I had only time to take a quick glance at it. I will listen to it on the weekend and start to catalogue it if everything is allright!
I would like everyone to enjoy listening to it, like me when I was recording it :) Recording turned to be a lot of fun, I just felt myself like an actor or something %)) That inspires very much and trains the actor's capabilities. Wunderbar!
raynr wrote:Thanks a lot! :D
Yeah I've never thought that I will ever do things like this in my life %)

btw, looking forward to Im Westen Nichts Neues! I have a full German text of it in a paper variant, so I also can contribute :) I know how to pronounce German (far from perfect though), but that would sound weird anyway, so I'm afraid I shouldn't do it. How do you think? When you hear awful reading in your native language are you having fun or you are blaiming that not-studied-till-end-foreigner ? I mean not only in real life, but also how do you treat this, if one tries to read a book on the language not native to him ?

To my mind that's really cool to hear native speech from foreigner.
raynr

Post by raynr »