[COMPLETE]Scott's Last Expedition Vol. I - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

:oops: I'm recovering from a severe attack of real life!

Thank you, Sibella and Tricia, for your invaluable help. :)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you for Sec 7, Blue Oyster - beautiful job! :)
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Sibella - I finally got around to proofing here. All your setions are beautifully done, and I am sure Sec 32 is as well, but it didn't upload properly - the file is on the server, but empty.

Would you reupload, please?
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you, Sibella - Sec 32 is just fine.
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

I can PL these today if that will help finish off this project. :)
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
KiltedDragon

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Curt,

You are an excellent reader and you did a very good job with these two sections but there were a few things that need to be fixed up.

Section 8: The volume is too low, you need to amplify the recording so that you get the waveform peaks to average between 0.5 and 1.0.
At 4:35, "hundred weight" is louder than the recording around it, you need to de-amplify this part.
At 6:24.5 and 11:37.5, there are slight pauses that can be easily deleted.
At 15:27.5, "hundred weight" is louder than the recording around it and there is other noise in the background too; I would copy and paste the "hundred weight" from 4:35 over the top of this.
At 17:52-53, you stumble over "enters into one's ideas at once"; you might still be able to use this with a little judicious editing without having to re-record it.
At the end of the recording, "Welcome those who follow" repeats over and over; you are missing "End of first part of Chapter 4" and the 5 seconds silence at the end.
The ID3 tags are missing and the file is named incorrectly (remove "_cpalmer" from the file name).

Section 9: the beginning of the recording up through the :25 second mark ("Settling In") is louder than the rest of the recording, you need to reduce the volume on this part or increase on the rest of it so that they match. Also, as with Section 8, the volume of the entire recording is too low.
At 14:47, "At first I thought they seemed small but a..." is garbled; you will need to re-record that part I am afraid.
At the end of the recording, "Tongue" repeats over and over; you are missing "End of Chapter 4" and the 5 seconds silence at the end.
The ID3 tags are missing and the file is named incorrectly (remove "_cpalmer" from the file name).

I see these are your first recordings and that may seem like a lot to correct but it really is not. You did a great job with them. Just some minor things to fix up and everything will be all set. If you need any help, just post here and someone will give you a hand.

Barry :D
Barry
My Recordings
Darn stuff! I have books to read!
cpalmer17

Post by cpalmer17 »

Barry- Thanks for the corrections and revisions. Appreciate the detail you provided and I'll begin making the changes asap.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

cpalmer - any updates on the edits? This is all that needs to be done in order to catalog this work.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I made the edits and PL them - I have pleasure in announcing that

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-journals-of-robert-falcon-scott-vol-1-by-robert-falcon-scott/

Congratulations to everyone who worked to get this in our catalogue.
If you notice anything amiss , just post

Anne
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yay! Looks good!

And what an appropriate time of year to have it catalogued - at least for us in the northern hemisphere. Brrr!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

TriciaG wrote: And what an appropriate time of year to have it catalogued - at least for us in the northern hemisphere. Brrr!
I think I will wait till summer to listen LOL. It's minus 15 here now with a wind chill of minus 21!!!

Esther :) (who is just crazy enough to try snowmobiling yesterday in this cold!)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw