COMPLETE - The Getting of Wisdom: Henry Handel Richardson

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

thistlechick wrote:hehe... sorry about that.. I'll make up for it by claiming 18 & 19 =)

EDIT: Ack! But only if you'll send me a recording of the German intro to chapter 18 that I can include in the recording *grins*
It's a deal! Thanks a lot. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
asy

Post by asy »

I'd love to do the last two chapters, if I might.

But only if everyone promises not to laugh at my german intro bit. It ain't gut.

asy :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

asy wrote:I'd love to do the last two chapters, if I might.

But only if everyone promises not to laugh at my german intro bit. It ain't gut.

Absolutely won't laugh. Will sign you up now. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
asy

Post by asy »

HOORAY thanks Gesine!

Cori

Post by Cori »

There is nothing in this world I would like better than to read Chap.'s 22 and 23, which seem to be lurking after my previous reads most significantly.

(And then -- READERS FOUND! Whoohoo!)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh Cori, that would be wonderful. Thank you!
asy

Post by asy »

I seem to have the honour of reading the final chapter, just wondering do I just say "End of chapter 25", or shall I say "End of The Getting of Wisdom, by Henry Handel Richardson"?

Gesine

Post by Gesine »

asy wrote:I seem to have the honour of reading the final chapter, just wondering do I just say "End of chapter 25", or shall I say "End of The Getting of Wisdom, by Henry Handel Richardson"?

Usually we say something like "End of chapter X and end of [title] by [author]." - Thanks, asy!
Cori

Post by Cori »

There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

That was fast! Thank you, Cori!
asy

Post by asy »

OK, I've had a disaster of a day, sorry, my ex decided to prove his manlyness by taking his anger at me out on our 10yo daughter, so I've spent the day between solicitors and doctors and schools etc. So I didn't get the recording done. Sorry.

I will try to do at least one tonight, and not sure whether I'll have a quiet enough house to do the other one at Mum's but otherwise Ill be home next Monday, so it'll be Monday night at the latest.

Again, hope I haven't let anyone down...

Cori

Post by Cori »

{{asy ... hugs}}

This project started on the 3rd March last year ... it's not that difficult to read, and it's just one of the mysteries of the world why it's taken such a long time to read. But all in all -- there's absolutely no reason to apologise over a few days here and there -- Life happens. (Well, until someone invents the pause button, anyway. And how nice that'll be.) I've still got a chapter to go, and thistlechick's got two, so it's not like ANYONE is glaring at your chapters wishing them done sooner. Do 'em as you can manage: this is for fun, and isn't meant to add to stress levels.

I'm looking forward to hearing you read them, whenever they get done.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Yes, no pressure, asy.

Cori - partly my fault that this has taken so long to complete. Bronwyn Kate, who started it, disappeared after a few months, and I took it over because we already had some readers, but at the time I didn't have much interest in the project (now I've listened to most of it and like it) and had too many projects already, and didn't push much, so some newbie readers never delivered, etc.

Now I'm really pleased to see it's going again, and I'll listen to the rest of it myself, so it won't have to go into LW.

So thanks everyone for helping with this. I'm sure we'll get it done in March, which is great!
thistlechick

Post by thistlechick »

chapter 18 is here:
http://betsie.info/librivox/misc/getting_of_wisdom_18_richardson.mp3

chapter 19 will be edited soon, hopefully
~ Betsie
Multiple projects lead to multiple successes!
Cori

Post by Cori »