COMPLETE - Short Nonfiction Collection Vol. 010 - lm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lezer

Post by lezer »

Anyone feel up to setting up the New short nonfiction collection? There are already 2 contributions waiting in the wings, and probably more to come!

I don't have time to BC any new project at the moment - and Paul is very busy at the moment, too, I think.

Also - just a few more sections to PL here.

Randr has already let me know that unfortunately he doesn't have a complete recording, he will re-record - if that takes long, we may move that essay to the next collection.
I'll PM Jack Thro about his section today.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Anna,

I'll be happy to take over as BC of this collection again, but I probably won't have time to set up the new one before next weekend.

Jo
Jo
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi, I am new to the site (have been reading all the info all day) and was going to PL section 13, Dream Children..., but when I click on the listen link, this error pops up.

The requested URL /share/uploads/pw/snfc/dream-children_lamb_jb.mp3 was not found on this server.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Dragon - you are right! Thank you for alerting me to this - I'll check it out and report back.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

Solved!
Found the typo in the url - you can find it here:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/pw/snfc010/dream-children_lamb_jb.mp3

It would be wonderful if you could proof-listen this file!
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Done! Thanks for fixing the link. I PL'ed section 13 while I was folding laundry and enjoyed it very much. I even listened to it twice as parts of it were close to my own life as I have told my children stories of their late mother and have seen her in her daughters faces. Everything was well done.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Thanks, Dragon! Oh, and welcome to librivox by the way :)
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Thank you, Anna, for the welcome. I have a 45 minute ride to and from work so I will have lots of time to PL things. :D Soooo, I PL'ed section 6 on the way in this morning. There is a 2 second gap in mid-sentence at 15:21 that caught my ear but did not disrupt me other than that. It is very well done.

Barry
lezer

Post by lezer »

I can't believe my eyes - thank you very much Barry! I'll take a listen to that pause in the middle.

Would you also be interested in PL-ing the two other contributions in the first post (beneath the magic window (=MW))?
Since there are 2 stories in the current collection that need some work by the readers (which will take time) - I'm thinking to switch stories, so we can catalogue this one and someone can open up the next.

Anna
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Anna,

Sorry I did not see your post until now. As you may have seen, I have been a little busy over at the Clarissa book. But, yes, I will take the time to PL the 2 stories you pointed out. Do you want them edited as well if needed or just commented on?

Barry
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Barry,
Yes, I saw your activity in the Clarissa thread; you've really dived into the deep end there :)
Just comments would be great, here!
After that it's up to the readers again - they will do the editing themselves. Or if they don't feel up to it, they may ask for help with it.

(The difference with the Clarissa project is that there, the readers themselves are not around anymore, or are not able to do the editing themselves)

Anna
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I've moved the new short nonfiction collection thread out of the LaunchPad and over to this forum and marked this one as FULL.

All new submissions can now be posted to the new thread for vol 011:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18068

Thanks!
Jo
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Anna,

I PL'ed both of those contributions you asked me to listen to.

The Man Who Thinks Backwards is OK and ready to catalog.

The Philosophy of Composition has an extra "of" at 17:15 and the reader swallows at 18:26. I think both could be edited out without re-recording anything. The outro says "End of Essay", should perhaps say "End of The Philosophy of Composition"?

Well, back to the Clarissa thread. :D

Barry
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
iwpoe

Post by iwpoe »

I've fixed the extra ofs and the breath (which I would have never noticed). I have left the "end of essay" part the same because I said it so quickly it's as if I was saying "endofessay". Editing out "essay" and moving "The Philosophy of Composition" from the beginning sounds strange as does moving previous instances of my use of the words end and of. Since I recorded with the university's mic, I can't easily rerecord the line.

The corrected version is available at:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/pw/PhilosophyofComposition_Poe_MMP.mp3
lezer

Post by lezer »

Thanks - I'll take it from here :)