COMPLETE:[CLASSIC]Adv. of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain-mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

pudellvr wrote:If you haven't found a PL. I will give it a crack. I haven't done it "officially" before, and I would like someone else to PL my section. :roll: And give CC.

I've always enjoyed Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

Trish
That would be fantastic, thanks! I will PL your section for you.
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

I've put pudellvr in as proof listener. Thanks for doing it, Trish. sad clown asked for Standard Proof listening which means you'll be looking for:

Standard Proof-listening
-- Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions in the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
-- Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
-- Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
-- Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
-- Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording, as per the first post of the project thread?
-- Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?

Have you edited a Magic Window before, Trish? I can PM you your User Name and Password so you can put your listen notes in if you desire. :D Welcome aboard.
Bloom where you’re planted!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

sad clown,

Sorry, I missed the exchange about too many sections, I took out section 44, so we should be good now. :D

Mary
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

AmethystA wrote:sad clown,

Sorry, I missed the exchange about too many sections, I took out section 44, so we should be good now. :D

Mary
Thanks!
pudellvr

Post by pudellvr »

Ok,
Played with the magic window after listening to section 2. However section 1 does need to be redone due to irreg volume and many 'plosives. I didn't want to reset it with out talking to you-- sad clown.

Looking forward to hearing more. Helps me get the housework done! :wink:

Trish
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

pudellvr wrote:Ok,
Played with the magic window after listening to section 2. However section 1 does need to be redone due to irreg volume and many 'plosives. I didn't want to reset it with out talking to you-- sad clown.

Looking forward to hearing more. Helps me get the housework done! :wink:

Trish
Let me check with the MC on that, the first 5 chapters were from an abandoned project, I don't think that user is active anymore.
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Hi Trish,

I gave a listen to your chapter and it was great! Your volume if anything was on the loudish side, I turned my volume down a bit to listen. You may want to turn your microphone gain down a notch or two as you were close to clipping on your recording. That's okay, though, it never did actually clip, you're just on the upper end for loudness and may want to turn your mike down just a bit.

A few times in your recording it sounded like maybe your turned your head away and your voice got softer almost muffled sounding, 11:33-11:37 was one of those times. It's not something you need to fix, though, in my opinion just thought you'd like to know. A very good first recording! You had no background noise, a very nice, clean recording. I wish my first recording sounded so good! :D
Last edited by AmethystA on July 28th, 2008, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pudellvr

Post by pudellvr »

I may just record it again. I am still trying to find that spot where it picks up my voice but not to loud. I reduced the volume 2x while editing. That was my 4th take.

Trish
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

I checked with the MC, Trish you can ignore the first five chapters. They have already been pl'd and since the user is not active, we will just keep them as they are, plosives and all! Thanks!
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

Trish,

I wouldn't re-record! I've marked it PL Ok... I'd say record another chapter, instead of re-doing it. :D We all have to start somewhere and each recording will get better as you go along. I was just letting you know what I heard, because you asked for Constructive Criticism. The file falls well within the 99% rule for errors we have here at Librivox, and I found it very nice to listen to. :D
pudellvr

Post by pudellvr »

No prob. I was not upset or anything. I used to compete in speech competitions in high school. I enjoy the challenge.
Farinata727

Post by Farinata727 »

Hello all:

Here finally is the URL for Chapter 6:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/mla/huckleberryfinn_06_twain.mp3

As this is my first recording, it might be beneficial for someone to give a listen and give me some pointers.

I would like to appear in the catalogue under my name:
John Andrew Welsh.
BobS

Post by BobS »

BobS

Post by BobS »

BobS

Post by BobS »