[COMPLETE] Pensées by Blaise Pascal km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

To help make sure we're all on the same page--I went into the box and removed my prior comments--"OK to catalog"-- that I placed there after listening to the partial chapters thinking they were complete.

dexter, so you know, "OK to catalog" is the designation I give after listening to a chapter to say that everything is fine and ready for the post-production process after you and I are done with our part of the book. If I find anything that needs to be edited, I'll note those in the box itself. Any longer discussions I'll put in the thread.

Susan
dexter

Post by dexter »

Ah, OK. No, I don't know how to post to that window. If you tell me how, then I will do it from now on.

This is section 1, with Leni's parts added in:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/pensees_01_pascal.mp3

29:03

My reading was previously PL'd, but the entire file with Leni's content has not been PL'd as far as I know.

And this is the first part of section 2. I don't believe this has been PL'd at all:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/pensees_02_pascal.mp3

49:09

The second part of section 2 will be uploaded as pensees_03_pascal.mp3, when I get a chance to edit it.

Does that make sense?
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Yes, dexter, that's just fine.

As a newer volunteer, you have a lot on your plate just with the collaboration. I'd be glad to do the posting.

Some of the Author sections are too long for one reading sections - no problem. But designating both as "sections" could lead to confusion. Therefore, I'm going to call the author sections "chapters" - are you comfortable with that? That way, reader section 03, with file name pensees_03_pascal, will be "Chapter 2, part 2", and reader section 04, with file name pensees_04_pascal, will be "Chapter 3", etc.
I put titles in as we go along.

Susan - it looks as though the introduction and sec one and two posted to the window are now in their final form!
dexter

Post by dexter »

Karen,

Yes that's fine. I'm glad everything is OK.

I may be a little slow getting things up for the next month or two... things are busy at work.

Derek
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Perfectly understandable!
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

dexter--

the sections sound great, and it works well to have a second voice reading the Latin (good work, Lenni!).

I was wondering--when it comes to sections like 101 where the text is incomplete, would it be appropriate to pause and say "remainder of text (or thought) missing"? From the listener's point, w/o the text in front of you, you assume it's an error in the recording. I certainly pulled up the text to check at that point.

Any thoughts?

Susan
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

We do that where there are lacunae in Tacitus. I think it's a good idea. Just say "here there is a gap in the text" or anything esle short and simple that sounds appropriate.
dexter

Post by dexter »

So should I add that to the already posted sections?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Personally (and that's my personal opinion, really, I'm new here :lol: ) I would do it from now on, but wouldn't re-record the previous sections.

Also, regarding your idea about the Bible, I think it's a good one, since, for the reader (ok, listener...), just having the reference, as in numbers, is obscure, and doesn't add to understanding Pascal, while if you have the text read, it clarifies much more what the author had in mind.
Leni
=================
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sounds good, Leni! If I had go back and fix everything I have already done when I learned to do it better, well . . . :)
dexter

Post by dexter »

OK, I'll leave the first sections the way they are, but I'll be sure to say something when Pascal loses his train of thought, so to speak.

And I will go ahead and insert the English text of Bible verses when appropriate, in the American Standard Version.

Here is the rest of Section II:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/pensees_03_pascal.mp3

Time: 40:16

Derek
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

I've posted the new file! You've handled all the questions that came up very well and made a good start. It should go more smoothly from now on. :)
dexter

Post by dexter »

Here is Section III in its entirety:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/pensees_04_pascal.mp3

45:00

I had to re-record a few sections a few weeks after the original recording, and unfortunately it's fairly obvious where they are, because the tone of the recording changes. I hope it is all right.

Derek
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Dexter - I've posted you section to the window.

Susan (HeartofTexas) has notified me she may not be able to read as promptly as usual. I'll listen myself if she doesn't drop by in a few days.
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

I've listened to Section III and it is ready to go!

Susan