[COMPLETE] Macbeth, by William Shakespeare - law

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

This project is complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page:
http://librivox.org/the-tragedy-of-macbeth-by-william-shakespeare/

The Tragedy of Macbeth, by William Shakespeare

1. Deadline. All individual roles must be in by Sept. 30, 2008. This will allow time for editing and proofing before the cataloging deadline of Halloween, or October 31, 2008! Please submit your part as soon as possible, though. Also: If I have not heard back from you by a month after your claim, I may release your role. I will send you a private message first.

2. Accents. All accents welcome! A good mix will help listeners tell the characters apart.

3. Gender-specific roles. Just a few, marked in the box. Otherwise, anyone is welcome to any role.

4. Multiple roles per reader. I have combined a few of the micro-roles already (see box). Otherwise, one role per reader please, so that everyone who wants to participate can! However: If there are roles still unassigned after one month (August 8), you will be welcome to take on another. Please use common sense. :)

5. Witches. For the unison chanting, I suggest that whoever submits her part first set the tempo, and the other two listen to it (softly) through headphones and chant along. I am open to other ideas, of course.

6. Text link: http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/playmenu.php?WorkID=macbeth
You can search for lines by character! I encourage you to look through the whole scene for context, though. This will also help you not miss lines marked ALL that your character is supposed to be saying!

New to recording?
Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!

Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below):
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

(BC admin)

Shakespeare pronunciation guide here (there is a search box on the right, or skip to p. 367 for this play)

WIKI PROGRESS PAGE

Set your recording software to:
MONO
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Save as mp3

Special requests for this project:

One file per act
State the scene number at the beginning of each scene

At the beginning of your first file: Please state your role (including role description in the Magic Window), your name, and (if desired) your location. This is for the Dramatis Personae.
ex: Duncan, King of Scotland, read by Launcelot Gobbo, Dayton, Ohio.

Please do NOT use any post-processing on your files (amplification or noise cleaning). Jo (editor) will be making all the files uniform in volume and background sound at the editing stage, and it's easier to work with files that have not been processed. Please make sure your input volume is sufficient. If you're not sure about your volume or noise level, no worries; just send a short sample recording and I'll give an opinion.

Save files as
macbeth_[role]_#.mp3 where # is the act number (ex: macbeth_duncan_1.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
Not needed for individual parts

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
    http://upload.librivox.org
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: law -- chocoholic
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by chocoholic on October 29th, 2008, 9:11 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Laurie Anne
kristin

Post by kristin »

Can I be witch the second or the second witch or witch #2?
(I seem to have gotten here before the parts listings.)
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

All yours, Kristin!
Laurie Anne
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

May I have section/part 15, "SEYTON, an Officer attending on Macduff and OLD MAN", please?
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

You've got it, Paul!
Laurie Anne
hefyd

Post by hefyd »

Could I be first murderer please ? hefyd
meum est propositum,in taberna mori
ut sint vina proxima,morientis ori
anon.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Murderer 1 is yours, hefyd, thanks!
Laurie Anne
Dave in the Fax

Post by Dave in the Fax »

I would like the Sergeant in scene 1.2., please.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Sure, Dave! You saw that I stuck the Soldiers on with that part too? (It's all of 5 words.) Of course you saw. No need to tell me it's OK, just give a shout if it's not. :)
Laurie Anne
mb

Post by mb »

Could I read Malcolm, please?
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

OMG OMG OMG can I play Malcolm?? I love love love him. :D He was the subject of my first-ever Shakespeare paper.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

mb beat you to Malcolm, Caet. :) If you two want to arm-wrestle over him, go right ahead; otherwise I've got mb down. Could I interest you in another part?
Laurie Anne
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

If Lady Macbeth is really available I would love to play her.
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Lady Macbeth is yours with thanks, Elizabeth!

(Had to check out your blog again. Where were you when I was pg last year? :lol: Great skirts!)
Laurie Anne
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

I be wantin' the part o' MacBeth himself, if thet be aright o' ye! :D
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings