COMPLETE: Old Peter's Russian Tales by Arthur Ransome - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Ah yes this is full isn't it. I knew that but I don't know why I haven't moved it by now. Thanks Gesine.
Jo
jenny

Post by jenny »

Here is Chapter 17 The Hunter and His Wife. It is 12.05 minutes and 11MB. I think I have learned to make the technical quality better.
We are still under construction from the hurricane, but we are nearing the end so I hope to get the last two chapters to you before long.
Jenny
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/old_peters_russian_tales_17_ransome.mp3
A loving relationship is our greatest joy.
anna

Post by anna »

Downloaded chapter 17 :D
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
anna

Post by anna »

Chapter 17 - The hunter and his wife -OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :clap:

Ans :D
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Jenny, I'm terribly sorry, somehow I missed this one. That's the second time. A lovely reading too, thank you.

We were actually away when you posted but I thought I had been through all my email when we got back. I wonder if I'm getting the notifications properly. I'll make point of checking this one regularly until it's done.

Hope your home will soon be back to normal, it must be dreadful to have that sort of thing happen.
Regards
Andy Minter
jenny

Post by jenny »

Thanks. I enjoy doing the readings. By the end of this week all of the interior construction will be finished. We will spend a couple of nights elsewhere so they can tile the floors and then "Hooray!" our home will be our own again. I will get back to recoarding right after that.
Jenny
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

ExEmGe wrote:Jenny, I'm terribly sorry, somehow I missed this one. That's the second time. A lovely reading too, thank you.

We were actually away when you posted but I thought I had been through all my email when we got back. I wonder if I'm getting the notifications properly. I'll make point of checking this one regularly until it's done.

Hope your home will soon be back to normal, it must be dreadful to have that sort of thing happen.
Andy - thread notification is notoriously flaky, unfortunately. Much better to check manually if you can. :)

Jenny, all the best with the rebuilding.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
jenny

Post by jenny »

Finally, here is The Fire-Bird, the Horse of Power and the Princess Vasilissa. 27:33 and 25.2MB Only one more to go and we are all done.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/old_peters_russian_tales_16_ransome.mp3
anna

Post by anna »

Downloaded The Fire-Bird, the Horse of Power and the Princess Vasilissa. :D
anna

Post by anna »

The Fire-Bird, the Horse of Power and the Princess Vasilissa -OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Super Jenny! Thank you.
I take it you are back in your home now and all is well?
Regards
Andy Minter
jenny

Post by jenny »

Yes! we are back in our house and our furniture is all in the right rooms, except for one heavy piece. The house is better than new so now we just hope that the hurricanes miss us for many years.
The Silver Saucer is recorded and I have edited about a third of it, so we are coming close to finishing the book. This is good because I want to give the book and recording to my grandchildren for Christmas.
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

(I thought I posted this yesterday but either it fell into some sort of cyber-hole or else I did something stupid. The latter I expect.)

Delighted to hear that all's straight again and fingers crossed for good weather for the next n years. If I were any good at tele-portation I'd gladly lend a hand with your heavy item. As it is though, I shall have to leave you to find some strong chaps.
Looking forward to hearing the 'Silver Saucer'. I like the idea of reading something for the grandchildren. I'm reading 'The Princess and the Goblin' for mine but my timetable is slipping. 20 more chapters to go and 24 days to do them in! (Actually there is a perfectly good LV recording but i wanted them to have it with my voice) Will you privately read the other tales so that it is all 'you'?
By the way, are you familiar with Ransome's other children's books? I grew up on them and thought them wonderful.
Regards
Andy Minter
jenny

Post by jenny »

I will give them the book as it is recorded to start with. If they request it I will record the other chapters for them. I would love to give them a copy of your "Princess and the Goblin" when you finish it, although I think it is my daughter that will love it the most (until her daughter is a little older). I have not read Ransome's other books. Are there more that need to be recorded (maybe from the US because of copyright)? I am looking for a good book to do a individual project. I would love any suggestions.
Thanks,
Jenny
jenny

Post by jenny »

Here it is! The last story. The Transparent Apple is 32:12 in length and 29.4MB. Somehow I managed to get the extension as .mp3.mp3 and didn't know it until it was uploaded. Can you fix that or do you want me to send it again? This book has been a wonderful first Librivox experience. Thank you. :D