FULL - The Tempest by William Shakespeare - ks

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mb

Post by mb »

I was just thinking about this! I'm around to help edit, too, if that's a thing that's desirable.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Thanks, mb! That would be cool, if wendeltopper needs help. Maybe we could share the work.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Just FYI - I've PM'd wendeltopper (editing), maree (Stephano) and rhorner (Trinculo) to see if they're still interested in the project. If I don't hear back soon, I will orphan the two roles, and we can start editing the rest.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

In the meantime, would anyone like to PL the files? Pretty please? I'd do it but I'm starting the spring semester next week and am trying to finish up editing Romeo and Juliet...
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Wendeltopper is still interested in editing, just FYI.

I'm going to advertise for a DPL for this project.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I'm happy to DPL! It will be nice to see this project wrapped up.
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

Oh, thanks so much, wildemoose! That is wonderful. I'll add you as DPL to this project. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

First round of DPLing; things are looking pretty good.

Adrian--PL OK, and you certainly have a lot to choose from!

Alonso--3.3 missing "I will stand to and feed", otherwise OK

Antonio--5.1 missing "Very like; one of them is a plain fish", otherwise OK

Ariel--PL OK

Boatswain--PL OK

Caliban--missing song at end of 2.2 beginning with "No more dams I'll make", otherwise OK

Ceres--PL OK

Ferdinand--PL OK

Francisco--PL OK

Just a note, I'm not doing word-perfect PLing as many of these files are older and I figure the fewer re-reads needed, the better. (This hasn't been a huge issue so far as I've only heard a few mistakes and most of them are very minor.) I'm only noting when full lines are missing.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

A couple more quick PLs:

Gonzalo is missing final speech in 5.1, beginning with "O, look sir, look sir!", otherwise PL OK.

Iris--can't open the file, and I noticed there's something weird about it since the file name contains both a .wav and .flac, which surely shouldn't be. Abigail, any chance you could re-upload?

Juno is PL OK.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

wildemoose wrote:Iris--can't open the file, and I noticed there's something weird about it since the file name contains both a .wav and .flac, which surely shouldn't be. Abigail, any chance you could re-upload?
It's a flac file. I was able to import it into audacity after removing the .wav. I've fixed that in the folder, and the link in the MW, so it should be good to go now.
Karen S.
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Thanks Karen! Iris is PL OK.
Abigail Bartels

Post by Abigail Bartels »

gypsygirl wrote:
wildemoose wrote:Iris--can't open the file, and I noticed there's something weird about it since the file name contains both a .wav and .flac, which surely shouldn't be. Abigail, any chance you could re-upload?
It's a flac file. I was able to import it into audacity after removing the .wav. I've fixed that in the folder, and the link in the MW, so it should be good to go now.
Thanks, gypsygirl!!
"In my dream, the Angel shrugged and said, 'If we fail this time, it will be a failure of imagination.' And then she placed the world gently in the palm of my hand."
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Mariners, Master of the ship, and Miranda are all PL OK. Working now on Prospero but that might take a bit longer. :)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

Prospero, Sebastian, and Narrator are all PL OK. Nice job, everyone!
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

wildemoose, thanks so much! I've PM'd hefyd, Vandermast and cereselle about the fixes that need doin'.