CHILDREN - The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi,

Thanks a lot ! I always loved Edith Nesbit as a child, particularly this trilogy and the Treasure Seekers so I jumped at the chance to read a few chapters of the Phoenix and the Carpet for Librivox just after I joined and then when that was completed kicked off this solo.

I have to admit that it's been slow progress (I just realised looking back at the 1st post in this thread that I started the solo in 2008 and now it's 2012 !), but I plan to keep plugging away. I'm editing chapter 10 now, and there's only 4 more to go after that. I used be involved in a few dramatic readings on Librivox which took up a lot of time, but now I'm focusing solely on completing the Amulet. So hopefully it won't be too much longer to wait....

Fingers crossed...

All the best,

Padraig
steelyc wrote:Hi Padraigo,

Just wanted to drop you a line of encouragement. GO FOR IT!!

I recently finished listening to the first two books of this trilogy and was surprised no one had ever recorded the third...so I started reading the book.

Then I thought I would just record it myself so others would have the gift of the audio option. But then I discovered you had already started it.

I'm going to put the book down and wait for you to finish recording. I'll be checking back...I'm dying to know what happens to the kids!

READ ON friend!

(*_*)
steelyc

Post by steelyc »

Good Morning,

I totally understand how life sometimes gets in the way of living! I'm in your corner though and would be happy to help in any way you need it.

Have a great day Padraig.

Chieko
(*_*)
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Chieko,

Thanks. Chapter 10 now done, so hopefully it won't be too much longer...

All the best,

Padraig
steelyc wrote:Good Morning,

I totally understand how life sometimes gets in the way of living! I'm in your corner though and would be happy to help in any way you need it.

Have a great day Padraig.

Chieko
(*_*)
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

I just finished Chapter 10 and went to upload it, and ran into a problem. The MC option I used to pick (lb - luciberg) no longer seems to be available. What entry should I use ?

Also the completed chapters seem to have disappeared (they were in /uploads/lb which no longer seems to exist).

I have all of the original files so I could upload them again...

All the best,

Padraig
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Upload it to arb-annise - I've taken you over :D
I have the other files - I took them over but do hang on to your copies just in case of catastrophes :D

Anne
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

Excellent, thanks a lot.

I'll upload to arb then,

All the best !

Padraig
annise wrote:Upload it to arb-annise - I've taken you over :D
I have the other files - I took them over but do hang on to your copies just in case of catastrophes :D

Anne
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi all,

Here is Chapter 10 - The Little Black Girl and Julius (34:25): http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/storyamulet_10_nesbit.mp3

All the best,

Padraig
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Chapter 10 PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:

And now to quote Oliver Twist - "Please May I have some more ? " :D

Anne
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

That's great, thanks. Hopefully I'll get a chance to record the next chapter over the next weekend (which is luckily a long weekend here).

All the best,

Padraig
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

Just an update to say that I recorded Chapter 11 last night. I still need to edit it, which from past experience will take me a while :-).

All the best,

Padraig
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for keeping us informed

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just a reminder :D

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything.
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

Apologies. I'm just back from Africa - I'd meant to post before I went but didn't get a chance.

I recorded the next chapter several weeks back but I haven't had a chance to even start editing it yet. I'm very busy at the moment, but hopefully will be able to find the time in a week or two to begin the editing process...

All the best,

Padraig
annise wrote:Just a reminder :D

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything.
padraigo

Post by padraigo »

Hi Anne,

Just a quick update to say I've started editing Chapter 11. Slow progress, but at least I've started!

All the best,

Padraig
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Looking forward to it :D

Anne