COMPLETE The Merchant of Venice, by William Shakespeare - kh

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristin

Post by kristin »

I added the above people to the window.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
asy

Post by asy »

NOTE!!!

OK I've posted the source links in the project file.

asy :D
To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I've looked at the instructions for how many files you want, and I'm a bit confused. Do you want a separate sound file for each scene, or for each act? Also, the "tone" link is disabled.
asy

Post by asy »

Hiya Gloriana,

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd like a separate sound file for each ACT, I just went through and listed all the acts and scenes to make it easier for people reading :)

I saw that the tone link is disabled, but you can use the 'generate tone' function in Audacity. Perhaps Kristin knows why it's disabled (it's a LV thing, not a me thing!)

To save money on electricity, we've turned off the light at the end of the tunnel...
gloriana

Post by gloriana »

I use Garage Band to record, and am not sure how to generate a tone. Any thoughts? I can go "beep" or something. :)

Thanks for the clarification - a file for each act it is.
asy

Post by asy »

Any loud distinguising (visually) tone is fine.

Some people clap loudly three times into the microphone.

But I will talk to Kristin about getting that tone link re-done (if possible), or, I'll email you the tone, if you like :)

kristin

Post by kristin »

Goodness, where did you find the link to the tone? That's what Jon was using for one of the plays he coordinated. It was on his own site and he hasn't been around for ages so odds are he got rid of it at some point.

I would say just make a file of the tone and upload it to my folder on the lv server and link to that.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
asy

Post by asy »

kristin wrote:Goodness, where did you find the link to the tone?
That's the link in the tutorial for making up the project post!

I just cut and pasted it. I thought it looked weird, but hey, whaddoIknow?!

I'll make one and upload it tonight :)

kristin

Post by kristin »

Can you give me a link to the page? It shouldn't be there.
mb

Post by mb »

mb

Post by mb »

ltlmiss

Post by ltlmiss »

Ready for director feedback. Not sure I pronounced Tripolis correctly. :oops:

Tubal Act 3 Sc. 1
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/kh/merchantofvenice_tubal_act3_shakespeare.mp3

C.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1944]Librivox Recordings by ltlmiss[/url]
[color=red][url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16174]Be Melodramatic:[/url] The Perils of Pauline[/color] (Lots of parts still available.)
asy

Post by asy »

OMG! This is wonderful!! Thanks guys!!!

I recorded Portia's act 1 last night, but I have a head cold, and perhaps I should have recorded Antonio instead, coz I sounded more like him than her :cry: :lol: :shock:

So, I think I'll wait until I have got over the cold to record properly. I sound AWFUL.

Might go pick up a stray small male part or two in one of the other Shakespeares while I've got the voice for it! :oops:

L...
mb

Post by mb »

asy

Post by asy »

Thanks HEAPS mb...

I'll have a listen tonight :)

Hey, I might do Portia's Act 4... With this voice the 'male' portia voice will be a breeze!!! :D