[COMPLETE] The Chessmen of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs - cs

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oh, that'd be fabulous, Jim!

I may have to resign my Vigilante title and become Decorative MC instead. But hey, teamwork's good!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Cori wrote:Oh, that'd be fabulous, Jim!

I may have to resign my Vigilante title and become Decorative MC instead. But hey, teamwork's good!
Anything to give you more podcast time, Cori. And I don't see any reason you can't be both decorative and vigilantistic (is that a word?)

:)

I'll try to get to this later today (Friday). If not, then sometime over the weekend.

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by Cori »

Whenever you get a chance. ;) No pressure, but this is going to make 344 people very happy in the first instance (that's the number of people signed up to get an email once this is ticked complete in the database.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

Cori wrote:Whenever you get a chance. ;) No pressure, but this is going to make 344 people very happy in the first instance (that's the number of people signed up to get an email once this is ticked complete in the database.)
Yeah, I saw that. I'm on it! :)

Tom: Any thoughts as to the summary, or are you happy with the original as written by tubeyes?

Jim
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

Haven't seen the summary. Can you please direct me to it?
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

Jim,

I take that back. I did find the summary and it looks fine to me.

Tom
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-chessmen-of-mars-by-edgar-rice-burroughs/

Tom: Congrats on your first solo. Great job! :thumbs:

Cori: FYI... I backed up and deleted the chessmen files in your directory.

Jim
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks Jim! Super work, Tom!
hortangur

Post by hortangur »

just logged in to say great job man.

d/led chessmen last week.

just finished listening to it today

I drive for a living and can't take the drivel on the radio any more
so I found this site and gave it a try.
good move.
put it on my mp3 player and it was perfect listening.
I must have reread all the john carter books a dozen times
listening to it was real cool

very well read.

once again thanks for the hard work!
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

hortangur,

Thanks for your very nice post. This was my first "solo" and comments like yours make it all worth while. It is a big commitment and I had never read Edgar Rice Burroughs before. At first, the story was really weird to me, but then I really found myself getting into it.

Working on another solo right now and almost finished. A Journey in Other Worlds by John Jacob Astor.

Safe driving and good listening to you.....

Y2K

PS I'm with you about the garbage on radio. I also download and listen on my trips.
docgoblin

Post by docgoblin »

Y2K,

I'm a new user to LibriVox and Chessmen was my first download.

Your reading was fantastic and kept me riveted. I literally could not stop listening. The fact that you're not familiar with Burroughs is amazing. He's a difficult read even if you're a regular.

I shall be downloading your new project, as Astor's novel has always intrigued me. I will be looking for future works as well.

I only hope the other Burroughs' books are done nearly as well. You have set the bar very high.
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

The Astor book is kind of interesting. At times, it's somewhat "swashbuckling" as Burroughs is; at other times, it's very "philosophical" and explores the author's feelings about life after death.

Somewhat different than Burroughs, but a fun read, none-the-less.
vorpal

Post by vorpal »

Tom, I know I'm a bit late, but I also wanted to gratulate you on your work here.

It was the first LibriVox audiobook I pretty much had to listen to from start to finish, and didn't just use as a substitute for the written text while driving.

A very professional narration, clear and enjoyable, even for a non-native speaker like myself. Thank you for bringing the Chessmen to my iPod! :)
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

When a Librivox volunteer receives a note like yours, it makes all the time that goes into recording and editing a book worthwhile. (And it was a great story....hard to go wrong with a good story)

Best wishes for a prosperous and healthy New Year.

With Regards,
Tom