COMPLETE: [RELIGION] 1 Samuel ASV - lm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 9:55 am

LeonMire wrote:Hmm.. I didn't know you could only edit your last post. Weird. I fixed the bolds, though.
Thank you kindly, Leon! Appreciate it!

stinssd

Post by stinssd » July 25th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Only two more to go! W00t!
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 26th, 2008, 2:10 pm

Alright....very sorry for the delay!

Section 5 PL notes:
Chapters 21 and 23 were perfect

Chapter 22---At 7:20 (verse 22), you read "David" instead of "Saul"; "And David said unto Abiathar, I knew on that day, when Doeg the Edomite was there, that he would surely tell SAUL: I have occasioned the death of all the persons of thy father’s house."

Chapter 24---At 15:57 (verse 19), omitted "well" from "go well away"; "For if a man find his enemy, will he let him go WELL away? wherefore Jehovah reward thee good for that which thou hast done unto me this day."

Chapter 25---At 17:43 (verse 7), stumble with "and we did them no hurt"; "And now I have heard that thou hast shearers: thy shepherds have now been with us, and we did them no hurt, neither was there aught missing unto them, all the while they were in Carmel."
---At 19:20 (verse 16), switched around "day" and "night"; "they were a wall unto us both by night and by day, all the while we were with them keeping the sheep."
---At 20:23 (verse 22), added "me" to sentence "God do so unto the enemies of David"; "God do so unto the enemies of David, and more also, if I leave of all that pertain to him by the morning light so much as one man-child."
---At 20:37 (verse 23), repeat of verse 23 and mistake; "And when Abigail saw David, she hasted, and alighted from her ass, and fell before David on her face, and bowed herself to the ground."
---Need to leave 5 seconds of silence at end of recording.

Good dramatic and expressive reading during the Nabal part!!!

Mark

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 27th, 2008, 2:34 pm

Alright, my man, the light at the end of the tunnel!!!! :D

Section 6 PL notes:

Chapters 26, 27, and 30 were all good!

Chapter 28---At 9:36 (verse 10), you read "aware" instead of "sware" (I know, it's easy to do! :lol: ); "And Saul sware to her by Jehovah, saying, As Jehovah liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing."

Chapter 29---At 13:07 (verse 3), added "seen" to "who hath been with me these days"; "Then said the princes of the Philistines, What do these Hebrews here? And Achish said unto the princes of the Philistines, Is not this David, the servant of Saul the king of Israel, who hath been with me these days, or rather these years, and I have found no fault in him since he fell away unto me unto this day?"

Chapter 31---need to have 5 whole seconds at end of recording.

Thank you, Sam, for this awesome recording! It has been a pleasure PLing for you, and I will probably do so again when I get a bit of time. Keep plugging away at the ASV!!! You're doing great!!!

Mark Penfold

stinssd

Post by stinssd » July 31st, 2008, 12:47 pm

The last files are fixed! This one's ready to feed to the cat!

Thanks for your all your hard work Mark!

Sam
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » August 1st, 2008, 2:01 pm

Hey, it was my pleasure!!!! BTW, I recently listened to your Baruch DRB files, and I was just curious----did you KNOW it would rain and thunder that day, and did you include it as an intentional sound effect??? If you did, how well-timed was that? A book about judgement from God, with rain and thunder!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark

stinssd

Post by stinssd » August 1st, 2008, 2:16 pm

Mark,

It's quite funny, though I didn't intend it. Check out my recording of 2 Cor. for another one where you can hear stormy weather. I call it "Paul's Stormy Weather Epistle." :-)

Sam
Samuel Stinson

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » August 8th, 2008, 2:23 pm

I'm terribly sorry for falling behind on this. I've had problems with my internet connection, and got hit with lots of overtime at my new job besides.

But everything is fixed now, and I have some free time this weekend, so I WILL get started on this as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]

stinssd

Post by stinssd » August 9th, 2008, 7:09 am

Leon,

No problem--thanks for the update, though. Hope things are catching up. :-)

Sam
Samuel Stinson

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » August 10th, 2008, 4:58 pm

This project was cataloged on August 10, 2008. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/book-of-1-samuel-by-american-standard-version/
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]