COMPLETE: [RELIGION] 1 Samuel ASV - lm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
stinssd

Post by stinssd » April 22nd, 2008, 10:26 am

1 Samuel ASV

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/book-of-1-samuel-by-american-standard-version/
Summary text (Summary by Wikipedia)
"The Books of Samuel (Hebrew: Sefer Sh'muel ספר שמואל) are part of the Tanakh (part of Judaism's Hebrew Bible) and also of the Christian Old Testament. The work was originally written in Hebrew, and the Book(s) of Samuel originally formed a single text, as they are often considered today in Hebrew bibles. Together with what is now referred to as the Book(s) of Kings, the translators who created the Greek Septuagint divided the text into four books, which they named the Books of the Kingdoms. In the Latin Vulgate version, these then became the Books of the Kings, thus 1 and 2 Samuel were referred to as 1 and 2 Kings, with 3 and 4 Kings being what are called 1 and 2 Kings by the King James Bible and its successors."
  • Target completion date: April 2008
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://ebible.org/asv/1Sam.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required:: Word-perfect.

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of 1 Samuel, American Standard Version. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to find out how you can volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org. Recording by Sam Stinson"
    • Say:
      "Title, by Author. [Translated by [translator]]. [Chapter]"

End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Title, by Author. [Translated by [translator]]."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    1_samuel_01-05_asv.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: 01 - Chapters 01-05
    Artist: American Standard Version
    Album: 1 Samuel

• Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: lm - LeonMire
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_01-05_asv.mp3 Length: 22:13
http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_06-10_asv.mp3 Length: 21:30
http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_11-15_asv.mp3 Length: 28:27
http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_16-20_asv.mp3 Length: 30:21
http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_21-25_asv.mp3 Length: 25:06
http://www.byhisfaith.com/audio/LibriVox/1%20Samuel%20ASV/1_samuel_26-31_asv.mp3 Length: 22:30
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer." (Psalms 45:1, ASV)

stinssd

Post by stinssd » April 24th, 2008, 12:08 pm

This project is like Hammer without its MC. Please MC this project! :)
Samuel Stinson

"And furthermore, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." (Ecclesiastes 12:12, ASV)

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » April 24th, 2008, 1:52 pm

stinssd wrote:This project is like Hammer without its MC. Please MC this project! :)

:lol:

Don't worry, I will MC this one and Amos. I just wanted to get the two shorter ones in the catalog, and see if someone else, in the meantime, wanted to take these on.

By the way, I got interrupted while cataloging Joel, and I'm just now getting around to it.

Once I've got that all squared away, I'll come back to set up a magic window for you.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » April 24th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Okay, you're all set up now.

I won't have time to proof-listen this one. It looks like you're already familiar with setting up a proof-listening thread, so I'll leave that to you.

Thanks!

-Leon
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » May 11th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Hi Sam
Don't know if you realised there is a PL of section 1 on your listeners wanted thread. Got a word perfect listening on the go at the moment - will check back and see if you still are listener free when it finishes

Anne

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » June 22nd, 2008, 7:11 am

Hi Sam,

I just finished PL'ing Section 3, Chapters 11-15, and here are the corrections:

CHAPTER 11---At 2:35 (Ch. 11:12), you read, "AND we may put them to death", instead of, "THAT we may put them to death"---"And the people said unto Samuel, Who is he that said, Shall Saul reign over us? bring the men, that we may put them to death. "

CHAPTER 12---At 3:13 (Ch, 12:1), you read, "And Samuel said unto Israel" instead of, "And Samuel said unto ALL Israel"---"And Samuel said unto all Israel, Behold, I have hearkened unto your voice in all that ye said unto me, and have made a king over you."

At 5:05 (Ch. 12:10), there was a repeat due to pronunciation "error" concerning word "Baalim"--- "And they cried unto Jehovah, and said, We have sinned, because we have forsaken Jehovah, and have served the Baalim and the Ashtaroth: but now deliver us out of the hand of our enemies, and we will serve thee."

At 6:17 (Ch. 12:15), throat clearing at end of verse.

CHAPTER 13---At 8:41 (Ch. 13:4), you read, "And all Israel heard that Saul had smitten..." instead of, "And all Israel heard SAY that Saul had smitten..."---"And all Israel heard say that Saul had smitten the garrison of the Philistines, and also that Israel was had in abomination with the Philistines. And the people were gathered together after Saul to Gilgal."

At 8:53 (Ch. 13:4), you read "Gilead" instead of "Gilgal"---"And the people were gathered together after Saul to Gilgal."

At 9:35 (Ch. 13:7), you read "Gilead" instead of "Gilgal"---"but as for Saul, he was yet in Gilgal, and all the people followed him trembling."

At 11:12 (Ch. 13:15), repeated the verse after stopping at "And Saul numbered the people that were present with him".

At 12:12 (Ch. 13:21), you read "and" instead of "yet" at start of verse---"yet they had a file for the mattocks, and for the coulters, and for the forks, and for the axes, and to set the goads."

CHAPTER 14---At 15:13 (Ch. 14:14), throat clearing; repeat of "And that first slaughter..."---"And that first slaughter, which Jonathan and his armorbearer made, was about twenty men, within as it were half a furrow’s length in an acre of land."

CHAPTER 15---At 26:53 (Ch. 15:26), stopped at "and Jehovah hath rejected thee from being king over Israel" (mistake); repeated sentence---"And Samuel said unto Saul, I will not return with thee; for thou hast rejected the word of Jehovah, and Jehovah hath rejected thee from being king over Israel."

I will start on your next section when I get back from Vancouver. Have a great week, Sam!

Mark Penfold

stinssd

Post by stinssd » July 18th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Thanks Mark! Section 3 is fixed.
Samuel Stinson

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 12:13 am

Hi Sam,

I PL'ed your Section 4, Chapters 16-20, and you'll be positively delighted to know that you had only two minor errors, both in Chapter 17.

Verse 20 (at 7:37)---omitted "the" from sentence; "And David rose up early in the morning, and left the sheep with a keeper, and took, and went, as Jesse had commanded him; and he came to the place of the wagons, as the host which was going forth to the fight shouted for THE battle."

Verse 26 (at 8:32)---said, "THIS man" instead of "THE man"; "And David spake to the men that stood by him, saying, What shall be done to THE man that killeth this Philistine, and taketh away the reproach from Israel? for who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should defy the armies of the living God?"

Great reading, Sam! I will TRY to get to your next sections quickly.

Mark

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 12:16 am

Oooops :oops: :oops: :oops:

Looks like I screwed up with the boldface feature in my PL notes. How embarrasing. I will try to prevent that from happening again.

Mark

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » July 19th, 2008, 12:21 am

Hi Mark
Don't tell anybody - but you can edit it with the edit button on the right side - and with a bit of luck no one finds out :D
Anne

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 1:03 am

annise wrote:Hi Mark
Don't tell anybody - but you can edit it with the edit button on the right side - and with a bit of luck no one finds out :D
Anne
Thanks! :lol:

Strange....I guess I didn't see the edit button when I originally posted my comments. What a relief!

Mark

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 1:06 am

Okay.....now the edit button is gone. What on earth did I do? :x

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » July 19th, 2008, 2:38 am

I think its cos you posted again - you can only edit the last post you made (unless you have magic powers) but if I'm wrong someone will tell us :D
Anne

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » July 19th, 2008, 5:30 am

Hmm.. I didn't know you could only edit your last post. Weird. I fixed the bolds, though.

nebgreen

Post by nebgreen » July 19th, 2008, 9:54 am

Cool...."only after your last post"...."only after your last post"...."only after your last post"----GOT IT!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: