A Midsummer Night's Dream, by William Shakespeare.
Chocoholic is MC and BC
Cori is editor and co-BC
Brian Edwards is DPL
1. Deadline. All individual roles must be in by June 1, 2008. This is to allow time for editing before the cataloging deadline of... you guessed it! Midsummer Eve, or June 23, 2008.
2. Accents. All accents welcome! We are talking about fairies in Greece here, not to mention the Amazon queen, so there is no such thing as an "appropriate" accent. What's more, it'll probably help listeners distinguish the characters if we have a good mix.
3. Gender-specific roles. I prefer some of the roles to be gender-correct; these are marked in the Notes section of the box. Most of the roles are open to anyone, though. The fairies are supposed to be male but I won't insist on that.
4. Singing. Fair warning, Peaseblossom sings a lullaby in II.2. (The script says "Fairies sing" and I have deemed Peaseblossom to be the generic fairy whenever one isn't specified. It would be even better if two fairies were to sing, or if Peaseblossom can do a couple of tracks and make him/herself sound like more than one.) If you don't want to come up with a tune of your own, let me know and we'll figure something out or call in assistance. Also: Bottom gets to sing in III.1 but as he is meant to be tone-deaf, lack of singing ability should not keep anyone from taking the part. <grin>
5. Text link: http://shakespeare.mit.edu/midsummer/
Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!
If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.
Shakespeare pronunciation guide here (there is a search box on the right, or skip to p. 371 for this play)
WIKI PROGRESS PAGE
Set your recording software to:
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
Special requests for this project:
One file per act
State the scene number at the beginning of each scene
At the beginning of your first file: Please state your role (including role description in the Magic Window), your name, and (if desired) your location. This is for the Dramatis Personae.
ex: Theseus, Duke of Athens, read by Hiram Murgatroyd, Antarctica.
Save files as
midsummer_[role]_#.mp3 where # is the act number (ex: midsummer_theseus_1.mp3)
ID3 V2 tags
Not needed for individual parts
Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: law -- chocoholic
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Please post below or PM me.