COMPLETE:[DRAMA] Shakespeare Monologues Collection 007 - stl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/shakespeare-monologues-007-by-william-shakespeare/

Note: ALL Readers, please read this post in its entirety and do what it says! Particularly emphasizing the need for correct Bit Rate, Sample Rate, and inclusion of your text source!!

Shakespeare Monologues Collection 007.

Click here to be notified by email when this book is complete!
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    1) Find the monologue that you want to record. 2) Record it! 3) Post a link to the file, link to the text, file size, and - if your new - your catalog name and personal URL if desired.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: June 2nd – (6.02, Mole Day) but try to send your recordings as soon as you can.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Shakespeare's Monologues; this is great site but if you have another place thats great too.

If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

(BC admin link)
  5. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  6. DURING recording:
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "[Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act ##, scene ##]. By William Shakespeare. Recorded for Librivox DOT org, [by [your name]]."
    • End by saying:
      "End of [Title of Monologue] from [Play title, act ##, scene ##]. This recording is in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  7. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    [monologuetitleinoneword]_[playnameinoneword]_[act##]_[scene##].mp3 (all lower-case). Ex: (dowenotbleed_merchant_03_01.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: [Play Title] - [Monologue Title] ([Act ##, Scene ##]) (ex. The Merchant of Vencice - If You Prick Us Do We Not Bleed (Act 03, Scene 01)
    Artist: William Shakespeare
    Album: Shakespeare Monologues 007

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloging stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link to the file and the link to the text.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: stl - shurtagal
      I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by Shurtagal on August 19th, 2008, 1:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects
Golias

Post by Golias »

Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Thanks Golias. I will get that in once I get a MB/MC.

for all subsequent recordings I would ask that people send a link to the text along with their recording link. I know you have one folks its the page you are reading from. Thanks for your compliance, its totally selfish but it streamlines the entering and PLing process. Thanks
Golias

Post by Golias »

This is Richard's speech "No matter where, of comfort no man speak":

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/nomatterwhereofcomfortnomanspeak_richardII_act03_scene 02.mp3

The e-text from Gutenberg is located here:

http://www.gutenberg.org/dirs/etext98/2ws1510.txt

Enjoy,

Golias
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

thanks golias

this accidently got over looked in 006 so it will be here:
BrianaBird wrote:This is "Thou Knows't the Night is on My Face" from Romeo and Juliet

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/jo/thouknowstthemaskofnightisonmyface_romeoandjuliet_02_02.mp3

Thank you!
ceastman

Post by ceastman »

Moved to New Projects forum. (I may even MC this; I just don't have time right now to get it set up!)

-Catharine
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

alright ty. Sounds like most MC have fairly full plates.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I'll set this up in the database for you since I said I would do so once I finished cataloging the last collection. If Catharine would like to MC, we can easily make the switch and meanwhile you will have a magic window for the files that have already been submitted.
Jo
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Wonderful Thanks Jo.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK you are all set. You may notice that I've also updated a few things that were missing from your top post that are now part of the new BC template. You may need to edit it if I've inadvertently changed something you need to have customized for this collection.
Jo
eli_christoff

Post by eli_christoff »

Isn't there a single file of all the monologues? - that site is pretty tough to browse...
“There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again.” -- Elizabeth Lawrence
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

not in so far as I know, try googling shakespeare monologues, you might get something. As far as I'm concerned you can get the text from monkeys, as long as it matches a monologue shakespeare did write.
layleyns

Post by layleyns »

Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:10 am Post subject: Working on Rosalind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please accept my apologies if this posts to the wrong place again.

This is my first project with Librivox, and I adore Shakespeare! I've been recording "I've have been told so of many" from As You Like It. I've got it in Audacity now and am converting to mp3.

How do I get the "go ahead" to post it for your review?

Thanks
Cynthia
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Welcome to LibriVox Cynthia.
This is the correct place for your post. You don't need any go ahead per say, just convert it to an MP3 and upload it to the LV uploader and paste the generated link here, it will then be put into the MB. and we'll run from there. Thanks
ltlmiss

Post by ltlmiss »