COMPLETE: Theory of Moral Sentiments by Adam Smith - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
David Higham

Post by David Higham »

G'Day Dave,
From one newbie to another, one Dave to another, welcome!
It seems ettelocin who is mc for this book is away still for a little while longer?
So I would guess, that the best idea would be to just start on section 12, and consider it claimed by yourself.
Happy Recording.
- David
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Can someone update the window for this project and enter the pl notes and the new claim? I think it would be grate to know where this project is standing, aspeshally as we are in a cleaning mounth.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi, daveanton! ettelocin, the BC, hasn't posted for about a month (I'm not sure why, possibly a case of Real-Life-itis), and LeonMire, the MC, does have a case of Real-Life-itis. In their absence, I've put you down for sections 12 and 13. I also checked the reader page for you, and it didn't have a catalog name, so I added your forum name. If you want something else to appear on the catalog pages as "read by ...", or if you have a blog/webpage you want linked to your name, let me or one of the other admins know, and we'll be glad to change it for you.

Happy recording! :D
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
daveanton

Post by daveanton »

PaulW wrote:Hi, daveanton! ettelocin, the BC, hasn't posted for about a month (I'm not sure why, possibly a case of Real-Life-itis), and LeonMire, the MC, does have a case of Real-Life-itis. In their absence, I've put you down for sections 12 and 13. I also checked the reader page for you, and it didn't have a catalog name, so I added your forum name. If you want something else to appear on the catalog pages as "read by ...", or if you have a blog/webpage you want linked to your name, let me or one of the other admins know, and we'll be glad to change it for you.

Happy recording! :D
I'm not real good with the whole "FORUM / WEBSITE Membership thing works.
i NEVER understood WHY a "FORUM membership" & a "WEBSITE Membership" didn't automatically includoe BOTH informations...?!?

But I'll try and Keep Up with the INFO.

I'm good for Chap. 12 &13 ...just let me know when the Project Resumes...

thanks all !!

dave
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

daveanton wrote:I'm not real good with the whole "FORUM / WEBSITE Membership thing works.
i NEVER understood WHY a "FORUM membership" & a "WEBSITE Membership" didn't automatically includoe BOTH informations...?!?

But I'll try and Keep Up with the INFO.

I'm good for Chap. 12 &13 ...just let me know when the Project Resumes...

thanks all !!

dave
It's not a membership. Take a look at the catalog page for Eight Hundred Leagues on the Amazon for an example. If you look at the sections, you'll see the name of the reader underneath. That's the catalog name. Each reader's name can be hyperlinked to a personal web page or blog (web log).

Section 1-01 was ready by Scott Robbins. Clicking on his name will take you to his LibriVox reader page, which lists the projects he is currently working on, and those that he has finished, and also tells you his forum name (the name that appears on his posts).

Section 1-06 was read by Luke Harrison. Clicking on his name takes you to his personal blog at blogspot.com, rather than to the LV reader page.

Section 1-09 was read by geofred. geofred doesn't have a catalog name associated with his forum name. He (or she) prefers not to be known other than by his forum name.

All readers may be known in our catalog however they wish. Some readers want to be known by their real name, and some by a pseudonym. Some want to have their own web page or blog linked to heir name for greater exposure, and some don't, or don't have a personal blog/website. It's a personal preference.

If you want to have your forum name displayed as the "read by" name in the catalog, that's perfectly alright. If you would prefer something else, that's fine, too. If you don't have a personal blog/website, we'll just link to your reader page, so that when a person who is browsing the catalog clicks on your name, they'll see what you have read, and what you are currently reading.

I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion. If you have more questions, let me know, and I'll try to answer them.
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]
biddym

Post by biddym »

Hi there,

just wanted to let you all know, that I'm still alive. It's been rather hectic over here so I haven't had time to record anything for a while... I'm hoping to get started again within a few weeks. I hope that's okay? :roll:

Biddy
arisha

Post by arisha »

Hi,

I'd like to read section 16. Thanks.

Arisha
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

hi everyone,

i have had a pretty serious case of real-life-itis, it's true. however now i am hoping to get back into the librivox swing of things.

also it seems i haven't been receiving emails when someone posts to this page - i had just assume there was little/no activity, and didn't think to check. in any case, looks like i have a lot to catch up on.

David Higham & Andy, thanks *so* much for all the PL-ing. daveanton, welcome to the project and sorry for not responding earlier. PaulW, thanks for stepping in in my absence.

phew. sorry about my MIA status guys.
Last edited by ettelocin on October 19th, 2008, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

arisha wrote:Hi,

I'd like to read section 16. Thanks.

Arisha
arisha you are all signed up. welcome to the project!

let me know what URL/real name you want listed, if any, in our catalog.
arisha

Post by arisha »

I'll read section 17 too. My full name is Ariadna Solovyova.

Thanks!
'Arisha
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

arisha wrote:I'll read section 17 too. My full name is Ariadna Solovyova.

Thanks!
'Arisha
Great! You're signed up for Sec. 17 as well, and I've added your name to the catalog!

Best,
ettelocin
arisha

Post by arisha »

Hi,

I'd like to do part 4, chapters 1 and 2.

Thanks!
Ari
arisha

Post by arisha »

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't mention the section numbers in my first post. I'm doing sections 21 and 22.

Thanks,
Ari
ettelocin

Post by ettelocin »

arisha wrote:Hi,

Sorry, I didn't mention the section numbers in my first post. I'm doing sections 21 and 22.

Thanks,
Ari
hi ari,

those have been added to the magic window... thanks!!
arisha

Post by arisha »