Not PD [ITALIAN-RELIG] Bibbia-N. Testamento, C.E.I. - ez

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gioachin

Post by gioachin »

This project's files are not available, this work, most probably, stiJan 6, 2011 - deleted database entry. Will need new project number if ever resurrected. (TriciaG)ll being copyrighted.
Jan 6, 2011 - deleted database entry. Will need new project number if ever resurrected. (TriciaG)

La Sacra Bibbia - Nuovo Testamento. Traduzione a cura della Conferenza Episcopale Italiana (C.E.I.)

Summary text (Summary by Wikipedia)
ENGLISH:
The New Testament is a collection of 27 books, of 4 different genres of Christian literature (Gospels, one account of the Acts of the Apostles, Epistles and an Apocalypse). Jesus is its central figure. The New Testament was written primarily in Koine Greek in the early Christian period, though a minority argue for Aramaic primacy.

ITALIAN:
Il Nuovo Testamento, facente parte della sola Bibbia cristiana, redatto originariamente in greco con numerosi semitismi, è composto dai quattro Vangeli, dalle lettere dell'apostolo Paolo, dalle Lettere cattoliche, dagli Atti degli Apostoli e dall'Apocalisse, per un totale di ventisette scritti. Tra le diverse confessioni cristiane (cattolica, ortodossa, protestante) c'è un sostanziale accordo sul numero e l'ordine dei libri.
  • Target completion date: Summer 2008 (30st Sep.)
  • Text source: on BibleGateway
  • Type of proof-listening required:: None
Filename: bibbiaceint_##_[booktitle].mp3
ID3-tags:
  • Title: ## - <Book> [Chapters numbers]
  • Artist: Conferenza Episcopale Italiana
  • Album: La Sacra Bibbia - Nuovo Testamento

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:

Inizio:

"[Libro], capitoli [numbers], dalla Sacra Bibbia, Nuovo Testamento. Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le registrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per ulteriori informazioni, o per sapere come diventare volontario, visitate il sito: librivox.org"
    Registrato da Filippo Gioachin, [anno].
    La Sacra Bibbia, Nuovo Testamento. A cura della Conferenza Episcopale Italiana. [Book title]"

add "capitoli ##-##" to all parts, if multipart

Fine:

End of a book: "Fine de- [libro]"
    End of a multipart (except last part): "Fine dei capitoli ##-## de- [libro]"
    End of NT, add: "Fine del Nuovo Testamento. A cura della Conferenza Episcopale Italiana"

• Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link, in the Notes field.
===========================================
[list]
[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibbia
[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available):
[*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 45
[*]Does the project have an introduction [y/n]: No
[*]Original publication date (if known):
[*]Year of author's death (note: in some countries copyright is author's death + 50 or 70 years):
[*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: "Filippo Gioachin"[/list]
Last edited by gioachin on October 23rd, 2008, 10:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Filippo,

It looks like this version of the Bible is not in the public domain.
From what I vaguely understand here, it was published in 1974. And is it the Jerusalem translation? (I know the French Jerusalem version is not in the public domain. I think it was published around the same date).

Correct me if I'm wrong.
If I'm not, well, we can't have it on LibriVox yet.
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »
Rm 12:12

Envie de lire du dramatique ?
gioachin

Post by gioachin »

When I was looking for a version to read, I found that many are not in the public domain, but this should be, at least accordingly to BibleGateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/index.php?action=getVersionInfo&vid=3&lang=5)

The first paragraph in the text you mention reads as: "The C.E.I version, second edition (1974), by the Conferenza Episcopale Italiana. The Bible of Jerusalem has the same text, with the addition of some notes taken from the French Bible of Jerusalem. It is a version approved by the Roman Catholic Church."
Therefore, it seems the CEI has nothing from the French Jerusalem.
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

gioachin wrote:When I was looking for a version to read, I found that many are not in the public domain, but this should be, at least accordingly to BibleGateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/index.php?action=getVersionInfo&vid=3&lang=5)
It looks like it's good to go, then. :)
I might just ask Betsie to have a quick look to make sure.
gioachin wrote:... Therefore, it seems the CEI has nothing from the French Jerusalem.
I didn't mean to say it was from the French Jerusalem but was wondering if it was also a Jerusalem version. and if it was, knowing the French one is not PD...
Ezwa

« Heureux qui... sait d'une voix légère passer du grave au doux, du plaisant au sévère »
Boileau
« Soyez joyeux dans l'espérance, patients dans la tribulation, persévérants dans la prière. »

gioachin

Post by gioachin »

ezwa wrote:I didn't mean to say it was from the French Jerusalem but was wondering if it was also a Jerusalem version. and if it was, knowing the French one is not PD...
I perfectly understand, and indeed the text mention that version. To check is better than to proceed blindly :wink:
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Indeed.

Filippo, I'm considering MCing but am wondering around what time you're planning to finish this summer (beginning or end? July? August?) as I might be away.

For the intro and outro and filenames, I'd suggest using the same scheme as for the WEB NT, use the Italian for:
Inizio:

"Chapters [numbers] of [Book title] from the Conferenza Episcopale Italiana Bible. Questa è una registrazione Librivox. Tutte le registrazioni Librivox sono di dominio pubblico. Per ulteriori informazioni, o per sapere come diventare volontario, visitate il sito: librivox.org"
"Registrato da Filippo Gioachin, [anno]"
"La Sacra Bibbia, Nuovo Testamento. A cura della Conferenza Episcopale Italiana."
"[Book title]"
add "Chapters ## to ##"

Fine:

"Fine del chapters ## to ##"

End of a book: "Fine del chapters ##-## of [Book title]"
End of NT, add: "Fine del Nuovo Testamento. A cura della Conferenza Episcopale Italiana."

Or something of the kind.

Filename: cei_##_booktitle.mp3 (cei2_##_booktitle if you're planning to record the OT as well in another project.

Cheers,
Ezwa

Boileau

gioachin

Post by gioachin »

I can use the chapters to divide long books.
The only thing I don't like is the addition at the very beginning of the registration. I'm not sure if I can explain why, but I'll try. Other than the fact that it is a repetition of what comes few seconds after, it gives a lot of emphasis to the chapters (which I want to minimize), and more importantly it is quite difficult to translate in few words. While in English you can say "World English Bible", in Italian I've never heard calling the Bible in any other way then "Bibbia", without any adjective. Saying "Bibbia CEI", as would come by translating litterally, would be not correct.

For the filename, instead, I would add bible to its beginning (bibbiacei, or bibbia2cei). Being a filename it does not have the same problem as above. "cei" alone would not have any meaning.

I'm actually not planning to record the old testament, but can add the 2 if someone eventually does it.

I have no idea of when in the summer :) It could even fall in the early Autumn. It depends on how much time I can find to record.

Thanks,
Filippo
ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

gioachin wrote:... Other than the fact that it is a repetition of what comes few seconds after, it gives a lot of emphasis to the chapters ...
That is the purpose of it, for the listener to know straight away which part s/he is at without having to listen for 15-20 minutes before hearing it. It's to ease the search listening through the files.
gioachin wrote:... and more importantly it is quite difficult to translate in few words. While in English you can say "World English Bible", in Italian I've never heard calling the Bible in any other way then "Bibbia", without any adjective. Saying "Bibbia CEI", as would come by translating litterally, would be not correct.
Well, you could begin with "Chapters [numbers] of [Book title] from La Sacra Bibbia, Nuovo Testamento. Questa è una registrazione...", "[Book title], Chapters [numbers] from La Sacra Bibbia, Nuovo Testamento. Questa è una registrazione..." or whatever proper Italian would be.
gioachin wrote:For the filename, instead, I would add bible to its beginning (bibbiacei, or bibbia2cei).
Yes, why not?
gioachin wrote:I have no idea of when in the summer :) It could even fall in the early Autumn. It depends on how much time I can find to record.
I guess there won't be any hurry if I'm away when you're done. I'll MC.
Ezwa

Boileau

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Hi Filippo,

the MW is set.

Could you check the schemes for filenames, ID3-tags, intros and outros in the first post ?

For the text, could you rather use the one on BibleGateway (unless you check that the one on http://www.laparola.net/ is exactly the same and not a revised edition).

I haven't heard back from Betsie yet.

Cheers,
Ezwa

Boileau

gioachin

Post by gioachin »

Great :)
I fixed the intros and outros.
I've already recorded half of Matthew with the laparola text, but I quickly compared the two, and I don't see any difference at all. Nevertheless, I'll continue with the BibleGateway one.

Thanks,
Filippo
gioachin

Post by gioachin »

gioachin

Post by gioachin »

ezwa
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ezwa »

Goodie, goodie. :)
Ezwa

Boileau