COMPLETE:[SPANISH] Don Quijote (Vol. 1) by Cervantes - OL/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/don-quijote-vol-1-by-miguel-de-cervantes-saavedra/

Don Quijote, Volume 1 by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.

I've started a proof-listening thread here: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8228 - please help out if you can.
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 4. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Post a reply and tell us which one you'd like to read (include the blue number, please). Read sections 5. to 7. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. What is the deadline?
    31 May 2007, but please send your files as soon as possible.
  3. Where do I find the text?
    Complete Gutenberg e-text, comprising volumes 1 and 2: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2000
  4. Please claim section numbers (the blue numbers)

(BC admin link)
  5. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430
    If this is your first recording, you'll also find this useful:
    http://librivox.org/about-recording/
  6. DURING recording:
    Set your recording software to:
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz preferred, 32 and 22.5 also acceptable

Start of recording:
    AL PRINCIPIO DE LA GRABACION:
    • Por favor asegurarse de decir lo siguiente:
    "[Cápitulo ##] de [Título del libro]. Ésta es una grabación de Librivox. Todas las grabaciones de Librivox son del dominio público. Para más información, o para ser voluntario, por favor, visite librivox PUNTO org."
    o Si desea, diga:
    "Grabada por [su nombre], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"

o Diga: "La Primera parte del ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha; por Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Capítulo(s) [número del capítulo # (a #)]"

End of recording:
    o Al final del capítulo, diga:
    "Fin de Capítulo [Número del capítulo]"

o Al final del libro, diga tambien:
    "Fin de La Primera parte del ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha."

Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds if your file is longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  7. AFTER recording:
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    quijote_vol1_#_cervantes.mp3 , all lower-case, where # is the blue number above (NOT your part or chapter number!). (quijote_vol1_01_cervantes.mp3)

ID3 V2 tags
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use; if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: Don Quijote - ##: Parte [part number]
    Artist: Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
    Album: Don Quijote Volume 1

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Files can either be posted here in the forum (link to your webspace) or emailed via http://yousendit.com to: justgesine AT yahoo DOT co DOT uk (if you use yousendit, it's helpful if you'll post the resulting link in this thread)

If you are not in this list http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/ListOfReadersCatalogNames I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:
    - your name as you want it to appear in the LibriVox catalog,
    - your personal webpage URL (if applicable)
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)

Have fun with this project!

Gesine
Last edited by Gesine on September 1st, 2007, 12:41 pm, edited 86 times in total.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
caridad722

Post by caridad722 »

I'm so happy to see that Don Quijote has begun!

I'll take the following sections:
01 - Tasa & El Rey
02 - Dedication Al duque de Béjar, Prólogo & poems
03 - Parte 1: Capítulo 1-3

And I'll get you those translations, hopefully later today, if no one else has already done so.

Charity
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

And I'm so happy you're here! Nothing's more depressing than to start a new project and nobody bites... :) Thanks, Charity, those 3 are yours! I expect you know what I mean by my descriptions - didn't know what dedication or poem is in Spanish... You can introduce them properly, when you do the LibriVox intro in Spanish! :)

Normally we would mention, at the beginning of the recording section, everything that's in that section, then introduce each one as we read through them. If that makes sense.

If you could do those translations for me, that would be fantastic, thanks very much!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
caridad722

Post by caridad722 »

Here is the info. you needed. I'll begin those this weekend, but sooner if I have a chance!

o ?sta es una grabaci?n de Librivox. Todas las grabaciones de Librivox son del dominio p?blico. Para m?s informaci?n, o para ser voluntario, por favor, visite librivox PUNTO org
o Si desea, diga:
Grabada por [su nombre], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]
o Diga: Primera parte del ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha; por Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Cap?tulo(s) [n?mero del cap?tulo x (a y)]?

o Al final del cap?tulo, diga:
?Fin de Cap?tulo [N?mero del cap?tulo]]"
o Al final del libro, diga tambien:
"Fin de La Primera parte del ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha."

Charity
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks very much, Charity!
paulino

Post by paulino »

i'll take

04 - Parte 2: Capítulo 4-5

paulino
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

How lovely, a Spanish reader out of the blue! Thanks, paulino, 04 is yours! Welcome to LibriVox (how did you find out about us?). If you have any questions at all, please just post here or PM me! :)
paulino

Post by paulino »

i was looking to start a project on audiobooks in spanish myself.
i am interested in books for children, though. the hispanic population in minneapolis, mn (where i live) is getting bigger and bigger. and i think those children are underserved in many areas.

i heard about librivox on MPR (which i listen to every day) www.mpr.org

i'll help as much as i can with Don Quijote and then i'll like to get started with some book/stories for children.

by the way, i am currently doing a bilingual solo performance based on Don Quijote www.adventuresofdonquixote.com . i did performances in december and now i will be doing private performances, also going to schools and other places.

i am from argentina. i promise to try to have as much of a neutral spanish accent as i can. i won't try to read it with castilian accent (which i could since i am an actor :D but i'll try to give some characterization to the reading to make it more interesting.

i already recorded half of Chap. IV :shock:

i am glad on be on board at librivox!

paulino
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Wow, you're fast in recording! Thanks, it's great that you want to help with this project. It's our first Spanish project, and LibriVox is predominantly English-speaking and reading, but we'll get it done eventually! :) Don't worry at all about accents - we actually like to hear different accents, and have readers from all over the world contributing here. It only adds to the charm of the place!

We recommend that new readers complete a collaborative project first to get used to the systems we're using here, but then you're more than welcome to start your own projects - either coordinating your own group project (looking for other readers to join in), or by posting in Going Solo!

Glad to have you here, paulino, and look forward to listening to your first recording! :)

BTW, if you have any other Spanish (or other!)-speaking friends who might like to join us... :)
paulino

Post by paulino »

i want part 05 as well...
:lol:

paulino
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Paulino - it's yours, and any others you'd like! :)

I haven't received your file yet; how did you send it?
paulino

Post by paulino »

thanks.

i'll take one part at a time. if i have to read them all myself.. the so be it...

but i want to commit to one or two parts at a time.

did you get my test file? was is ok?

paulino
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi Paulino, yes, got the file. It's really great. Technically it's good - no background noise, very clean - and your reading is delightful and expressive (I like your characters' voices!) - you enunciate so clearly that even I can kind of follow the story, even though I don't speak Spanish! :D The only thing I can mention as a tiny improvement possibility is that occasionally you seem to brush or tap against the mic - but this is so minor that I'm only noting it because there's nothing else to say... :)

The LibriVox disclaimers etc are all perfect. May I just ask you to leave about 3 seconds of silence at the end of each recording - some players cut off the end, unfortunately. I shall also put this in the intro post.

So please, record as many (one after the other) as you like! :)
mafalda

Post by mafalda »

Hello! I'm new but I would like to claim parts 6 and 7

Rita
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks, Rita, and welcome to LibriVox! Any questions, please ask.