COMPLETE:[SPANISH] Don Quijote (Vol. 1) by Cervantes - OL/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh really? That would be GREAT! :)

Thank you. I'm moving this over to Readers Found then.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
marvellous

Post by marvellous »

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100220889/quijote_vol1_18_cervantes.mp3

Gesine,
you may find chapter 47 at the link above.

I was having trouble sending it with yousendit.com, poor don quijote has been trying for three days to get into cyberspace.

duration : 32 mins

Luigina
(please post me as Marvellous). thanks
Luigina
eislas

Post by eislas »

Dear Gesine,

Thanks for the hint

I am sending the link to download The Chapter 48.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ft5myoem1nx

Warm regards!

Eduardo
Eduardo Islas
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

eislas wrote:Dear Gesine,

Thanks for the hint

I am sending the link to download The Chapter 48.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ft5myoem1nx

Warm regards!

Eduardo
Thank you for doing this so quickly, Eduardo! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

marvellous wrote:http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100220889/quijote_vol1_18_cervantes.mp3

Gesine,
you may find chapter 47 at the link above.

I was having trouble sending it with yousendit.com, poor don quijote has been trying for three days to get into cyberspace.

duration : 32 mins

Luigina
(please post me as Marvellous). thanks
Thank you, Luigina! I was able to download the file. It has a bad noise problem, though (sounds like a set-up problem - are you using a USB microphone (USB mics bypass the computer's soundcard; often a big source of background noise)? Or a laptop (some people have reported problems with laptops emitting a loud buzz sound when the power chord is plugged in - the problem disappears when the laptop runs on battery)? It would be good to have this solved before your next recording; I'm happy to help). I'm going to ask someone to noise-clean it before it goes into proof-listening, and then we're all set to go!

Thank you for jumping in and helping us complete this book.
marvellous

Post by marvellous »

Hi,
You are the first one to report bad noise on the recordings. I use a laptop with a headset which I use for voice over IP. I'll use the battery power when recording then. Maybe this will resolve the issue.
Hope you can still use the recording.

As I signed up for a chapter in Vol. 2 of Don Quijote, I do want to have this resolved. thanks for pointint it out to me.
Luigina
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

marvellous wrote:Hi,
You are the first one to report bad noise on the recordings. I use a laptop with a headset which I use for voice over IP. I'll use the battery power when recording then. Maybe this will resolve the issue.
Hope you can still use the recording.

As I signed up for a chapter in Vol. 2 of Don Quijote, I do want to have this resolved. thanks for pointint it out to me.
The recording is absolutely usable even with the buzz, but it would be nicer without it... :) It can always be noise-cleaned afterwards (I'm waiting for the result of this one), but of course it's much better to record 'cleanly' as it were, if you can.

Hmm, I'm sure this would have come up before if the buzz had been there, so it sounds like a new thing. Could it be that you had it on the wrong mic settings, by accident? I once recorded a whole section just with my in-built laptop mic, because the settings weren't on my USB headset. Just trying to think of possibilities.
marvellous

Post by marvellous »

http://download.yousendit.com/D70E90E922F3FA62

Corrected section for 18a double track is available at this link

Sorry, Gesine,

luigina
Luigina
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

No problem, thanks for doing it so quickly! And big thanks to Jo for editing it in the old file and doing the noise-cleaning. :)

Only four files left to claim for proof-listening!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Unfortunately, Sandra cannot re-record section 16 and so we need another reader. It's 7,743 words - quite long, about 45-55 minutes would be my guess.

Anyone? she asks beggingly...
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

I'll do it. I started it last night and I'm about halfway through now.
Karen S.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Oh Karen, you're an angel. :)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Parte 16 is currently uploading.
Karen S.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

gypsygirl wrote:Parte 16 is currently uploading.
Woot! :)
borisita

Post by borisita »

Hi,

I've just discovered Librivox and I'm quite impressed by your work.

The point is that I am surprised that you decided to read precisely "El Quijote", even if there's a popular mp3 version released a couple of years ago by the Government of Aragon -in Spain-.

It was recorded at a professional studio and it is available -completely for free- at:

http://www.educaragon.org/arboles/arbol.asp?guiaeducativa=41&strseccion=A1A68