[COMPLETE][FICTION] War and Peace VI, by Leo Tolstoy - ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

robbierogers wrote:Kehinde: I think the ending on 15 is okay...can you give it another quick listen?
Sure! Not a problem- Image

Edited to add: Section 15- is great! I must have misheard it, huh? Image
[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
windpoetry

Post by windpoetry »

I think I would like to read CH 7 if it is still up.
Windpoetry
they call it crazy
but i call it
inspired
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello windpoetry,

welcome to LibriVox! Chapter 7 is still available and I'm glad you're willing to record it. I already put your name in the magic window in the first post. Thank you!
Even if you already recorded something, you will find some useful tips here, especially about the whole process at LibriVox:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
Just one question: How do you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be either your forum name, your real name or any other pseudonym.
If you have any further questions, just ask me.

Greetings, :D

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

If have neither read this book nor narrated a book before, but I do have a good understanding of how it is done and I have proofed for some time now. If my lack of experience is not a limiting factor, I would be very interested in helping with narrating or proof listening. In other words, what can I do to help?
Domine Jesu Christe, Filii Dei, fiat nobis sicut cum te.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Cantor,

Kehinde volunteered to prooflisten to all chapter so that is cared for and Éva volunteered to record chapters 6 and 20 (thank you!).
Therefore chapters 4, 5 and 7 are still up to grab and I would be very thankful if you gave me the honour to receive your first recording. Just tell me which chapters you want and if you need any help or have any questions, I'm there at once.

Thanks,

Rainer
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

Thank you very much! I would be only too glad to narrate chapters 4, 5 and 7. I do have one question, however: how have the other narrators been pronouncing the Russian words (especially names) before me? If possible, I would like to pronounce the names the same way they were pronounced when first introduced so that there will be no confusion on the part of the listener as to who is who.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Cantor,

thanks for volunteering. You could take a look at the finished recordings (5 of the books are already in the catalogue) to see how other pronounced the names. Just use this link:
http://librivox.org/newcatalog/search.php?title=war+and+peace&author=&status=all&action=Search
However, I think there are already different pronunciations out there, but that dosn't matter: usually you recoginze the names without problems. And about the Russian names: Originally the are of course written in Cyrillic, and the pronunciation of the Western letters follows more or less "Read as written". But as always: just be convincing when you read the names and nobody will notice that you perhaps pronounce them not in correct way.

By the way: as this is your first recording, I just need to know how you want to appear in the catalogue. This could either be your forum name, your real name, or any other pseudonym, just as you like it.
And in case you didn't spot it already: here are some tips for recording:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

Thanks again! :D

Rainer
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

My forum name will do fine for the catalogue.
EVH

Post by EVH »

Rainer and Kehinde,
chapter 6 should be on "public".
Let me know in case I have messed up.':roll:')

Whatever does not destroy me makes me stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Éva
raynr

Post by raynr »

Hello Éva,

yes, I received your recording. Thank you so much! :D

And Cantor, I noted your catalogue name done in our database, thank you. You don't have to repeat it for your future recording.

Greetings,

Rainer
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

I recorded chapter four, and am more than open for improving suggestions.

URL:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/war_and_peace_06_04_tolstoy.mp3

Time: 07:16

Size: 6.66mb :?

I just realized that I forgot to tell the listener that the chapter ended, so I will have to re-upload it shortly.
raynr

Post by raynr »

Thank you!
I renamed your chapter (just added an "_old"), so you can upload the chapter using the same file name.
Kehinde prooflistens to all the chapters. I'm sure that she could give you some tips on improving your recording (in case it's not perfect already).

Rainer
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Will be listening shortly, Eva and Cantor. Image[/size]
Cantor

Post by Cantor »

Finished chapter five.

Link: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/war_and_peace_06_05_tolstoy.mp3

Length: 13 min 2 sec

Size: 11.9mb

There are a lot of very annoying pops in the recording. That is due to the fact that my mic is actually in two pieces, and whenever the second piece moved it created a pop for some reason. I figured out how to set it up to eliminate this problem only at the very end. The little tissue I taped to the mic itself has cut down on the "breath-puffs" a good deal I think. All in all, my third recording should be almost normal!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Hello Cantor,

I was able to listen to Chapters 4 & 5-- the files sound great! The only thing I noticed was that as had been previously mentioned, there are very small pops that can be heard throughout both files. They don't in the least interfere with what you say and I am not quite sure if they can easily be edited out (they don't appear to be) but Section 5 is ok to catalog. Image

I also wasn't sure if Section 4 had been updated and uploaded as the file I was able to listen to did not have the 'end of chapter' stated at the end. Once the ending is spliced in Section 4 is good to go as well.

K.

[/size]