[COMPLETE] The Montessori Method by Maria Montessori - arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » November 21st, 2008, 1:56 am

Giacomo07 wrote:I need to give back Chapter 6. I just had a baby boy and I have no idea when I will be able to get to this along with all the other things I need to do. Thanks!
Giacomo
thanks for letting us know congratulations on the baby

Anne :D

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » November 21st, 2008, 1:58 am

Violet wrote:Hi Shurtagal,

Very sorry but I'll have to give back my chapter (10) too. I've lost my voice and am still seeing doctors to try and find out where it ran away to. :roll:

Violet
Thanks for letting us know - hope your voice comes good soon
Anne

Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal » November 21st, 2008, 4:48 pm

Giacomo - Ooooh Congratulation, I hope youre looking forward to the next years cause I promise he's gonna make them fun. quite fine that you need to orphan the section, I do hope to see you back around LV at some point, but real life, especially children are more important by far!!

Violet - Terrible sorry about your lack of voice, I do hope you'll get over it soon. Perhaps when you do you'll rejoin us?

Annise - Thank you many times over. RE: Checking on other sections I'll be doing a round of those this weekend, so fear not.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » November 21st, 2008, 6:41 pm

RE: Checking on other sections I'll be doing a round of those this weekend, so fear not.
Only offered cos I think you MCs have a big load of things only you can do. Anything I can help with just let me know :)
Anne

Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal » November 22nd, 2008, 4:16 pm

For sure and many thanks for the offer annise.

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 29th, 2008, 6:28 pm

I'd be pleased to read Chapter 10, Nature in Education, if you're willing to let a newbie try his hand.

-- Preston

Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal » November 29th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Certainly, welcome to LV Preston. If you have any questions just go ahead and ask. You're all signed up.

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 2:18 pm

I've finished recording, editing, tagging, converting and uploading Chapter 10. The url is:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/stl/montessorimethod_10_montessori.mp3

Please let me know if the work is acceptable, and any way that I might improve.

Sincerely,

Preston

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 2:21 pm

I would be pleased to record Chapter 6 as well. I will probably record it today and await your permission before uploading, as it appears to be the last unassigned chapter, and tomorrow I go on the road for 2 weeks and won't be able to do more work until I return.

Preston

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » November 30th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Preston McConkie wrote:I would be pleased to record Chapter 6 as well. I will probably record it today and await your permission before uploading, as it appears to be the last unassigned chapter, and tomorrow I go on the road for 2 weeks and won't be able to do more work until I return.

Preston
Yes please - I'll put you in the MW for chapter 6 - just in case the MC is busy today and I'll try and get 10 PLed today if possible

Anne :)

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Thanks, Ann, I really appreciate you letting me know I can proceed, and if you can listen through 10 today that would be great. I'll get to work ASAP on 6.

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » November 30th, 2008, 3:43 pm

Preston McConkie wrote:Thanks, Ann, I really appreciate you letting me know I can proceed, and if you can listen through 10 today that would be great. I'll get to work ASAP on 6.
OK I've listened - technical stuff all great , great reading . The volume could be a little higher - but its not a problem . We always put some silence at the end (Some mp3 players cut off the end and people miss the end of the reading - standard is 5 secs for under 30min files and 10 secs if over. I'll add to this and upload , just bear it in mind for future files.

PL OK :thumbs:

Anne
New file length 20:29

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 7:45 pm

I have recorded, edited, tagged and uploaded Chapter 6. The url is:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/lm/montessorimethod_06_montessori.mp3

This was lots of fun. I just hope the work is okay. If it needs edited further I won't be available for at least two weeks, as I'll be driving various loads of cargo across the U.S., but I'll get on it as soon as I return.

Thanks so much for this chance to do something cool and meaningful.

Preston
Nobody questions the manhood of a guy who shaves with a straight razor. Only his sanity.

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 7:48 pm

Wow, Anne, you work fast. I didn't even think to check before I uploaded this one. I actually deleted that extra silence at the end on six; next time I'll keep it in there.

Cheers,

Preston
Nobody questions the manhood of a guy who shaves with a straight razor. Only his sanity.

Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie » November 30th, 2008, 8:07 pm

I can't believe it. After at least two hours' work, more like three, I somehow managed to wipe out the entire file and export a 4k, blank .mp3. No wonder it took one second to upload.

This makes me want to gag.

Well, I guess I'll be doing it all over again in a couple of weeks.

WAAAAAA!