COMPLETE: Aesop's Fables, Volume 4 (Fables 76-100) - SW/ll

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
nerdvana
Location: Thonotosassa, Florida, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post by nerdvana »

LibraryLady wrote:Oh dear. That age where they discover the wonders of scissors, eh? Let me guess... 5 years old?
Actually, she just turned 6... but your youngest will be 5 in April.
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Heh, yep, my mom is a preschool teacher so I've been around 4 and 5 year olds a lot. Definitely seems like 5-6 is the age of the scissors. My sister was around that age when she and a neighbor gave each other very creative haircuts!
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman
BubbleDragon

Post by BubbleDragon »

#11 The Shipwrecked Man and the Sea

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=200ZT9W4OXOGJ1Y6ME6EDGJUO2

Credit to Sara Schein. Let me know if it sounds too quiet again, as it really does sound ok to me. :o) I'll need to change something.

Working on #12!
~bubbles
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thank you, Sara! Yes, it is too quiet, but I've managed to bring it up electronically. Thanks for the wonderful reading!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

Hi Chip.

Sorry for the delay, but here they are. Hope they're all good!

The Lion and the Boar
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=250GULDMHCZZ639GRH2QF7AM9M
The Walnut Tree
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2CD2AB2T6E4A32NE8YJIQ0LW6L
The Man and the Lion
http://s55.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3RWC1HUFVY65Z0YTJM77HEWC47

- Vicki Barbour

ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Got them Vicki - they're wonderful; thanks!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
BubbleDragon

Post by BubbleDragon »

Chip, can you help me? How do you bring the volume up on these? And can you point me to a recording that is louder? The few that I've downloaded sound relatively the same, though I'm aware that windows/itunes/etc may be taking over and automatically adjusting volume. (Also, I've been downloading the pre-edited yousend it links from postings, so this may also have something to do with it!)

I like this mic, though, since it seems to filter out fuzz before it gets to the computer. We'll see. *grin*

~Sara
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

BubbleDragon wrote:Chip, can you help me? How do you bring the volume up on these? And can you point me to a recording that is louder?
Though I'm happy to help, it's easier to do if I know what kind of hardware and software you're using. I know you got one of those cool USB mics, so that's not the problem. It's probably a setting within the software; let me know what you're using.
The few that I've downloaded sound relatively the same, though I'm aware that windows/itunes/etc may be taking over and automatically adjusting volume. (Also, I've been downloading the pre-edited yousend it links from postings, so this may also have something to do with it!)
Actually the ones that folks post in here are raw files. I may process some of them, but that won't be reflected in the original link. You've downloaded several of them; try downloading the one that YOU sent. The difference should be apparent right away. If not, then you've got something compensating for it in your computer. We'll figure out what that might be if it turns out you're not hearing a difference between yours and that which other folks have sent.

And don't worry about it, Sara. We ALL go through weird little technical things at first. It took me hours to realize that the bizarre sound I was getting in my recordings with the new boom mic was my beard scratching against the thing as I moved my mouth... Image
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
pattimac

Post by pattimac »

Chip,
I will have my fables (Mercury and the Sculptor, The Fawn and his Mother, and The Fox and the Lion) to you by tomorrow or Sunday. I've been really busy lately. My husband is helping me with recording and he works at Walmart plus we've been trying to get our house ready for showings. The hot water tank started leaking so he had to put a new floor in the laundry room and put in the new tank. Not enough hours in the day to get everything done! :lol:
Patti

No diet is impossible, hopeless maybe, but not impossible!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks for the heads-up, pattimac. I'm well familiar with the way real life tends to intrude on the fun stuff from time to time. By the end of the weekend will be just fine.

I'm in the process of selling my place myself. My advantage is that I'm selling to developers who are going to simply buldoze the buildings anyhow so I don't have to worry about fixing them up. But it's still a pain in the neck. Best of luck to the two of you!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks Christine! I got all three that you sent today:

04-18 THE STAG AT THE POOL <adelinfdm> *DONE*
04-21 THE MICE AND THE WEASELS <adelinfdm> *DONE*
04-22 THE PEACOCK AND JUNO <adelinfdm> *DONE*

They sound great!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
abraham60

Post by abraham60 »

Vol 4, #1 & #2 finished:

Please download here:

Here is a link for your reference:
http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3CSBQ86DC2OVY2OT5Q6SIA8IYV

Here is a link for your reference:
http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=25ZZSSFQXGJN625QZIBO2J6W4I

Thanks
pattimac

Post by pattimac »

Chip,
I just sent you my fables at chip@chipdoc.com. I'm sorry they are so late. I hope they are ok.

04-13 MERCURY AND THE SCULPTOR
04-14 THE FAWN AND HIS MOTHER
04-15 THE FOX AND THE LION
Patti

No diet is impossible, hopeless maybe, but not impossible!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Thanks to both abraham60 and pattimac! They're slowly downloading through my modem even as I type this. Thanks a bunch for sending them; I'm looking forward to some delightful listening!
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

We're still looking forward to three from ophul and one from BubbleDragon. Hope to hear them soon!

04-10 THE TRAVELLER AND HIS DOG <BubbleDragon>

04-08 THE FOX WITHOUT A TAIL <ophul>
04-19 THE DOG AND THE SHADOW <ophul>
04-25 THE OX AND THE FROG<ophul>

My apologies if any of these has already been sent... it gets confusing sometimes.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain