I'd love to take a crack at these two.

03-17 THE MOUSE, THE FROG, AND THE HAWK
03-18 THE BOY AND THE NETTLES
Mr. Baby Man

Post by Mr. Baby Man »

3-17 & 3-18 done and uploaded
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Got them both, Mr. Baby Man - welcome to LibriVox!

As I mentioned to Dvortygirl, it's generally a good idea to ALSO post the yousendit links here in the forum, so that others can download and listen to your work. The more people who listen to these things, the fewer problems we have with the final product.

But there seem to be no "problems" at all with these two you sent! They really are wonderful readings. Thanks for participating and I hope to hear your voice on many other LibriVox products in the future! It sounds like you've been doing this for a while... ;)

There's another relatively minor issue which I really should have mentioned to Dvortygirl too - please let us know how you'd like to be credited on the final catalog page! We'll need a name and (optionally) a URL. I prefer being credited as Chip - http://ChipDoc.com/ but the default is your username with no URL. Just let us know - both of you!

It's generally a good idea, particularly with these collaborative projects, if you wait to record until after the readings have been assigned to you. But I really can't fault the enthusiasm of either one of you and I'm really happy that you both jumped right it.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
kayray

Post by kayray »

Done:

http://kayray.org/audiobooks/librivox/misc/fables_03_22_aesop.mp3

I jumped at this one because, at some point in early childhood I must have heard this fable and it made a big impression. But apparently not _everyone_ knows it... I'll say "Boy, he's being a real a dog in the manger" to people and they look at me like I'm insane :)

Kara Shallenberg
http:/kayray.org/
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

Hi there. This is my first time and I'm a little lost. I have all the technical components and have played around with them so I'm feeling confident about that... however, how do I claim a fable to read?
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

Okay. So I've learned one should read all the posts! Now I know what I can claim. I'd like to take The Two Bags. Looks like a nice short one to begin with. So here goes....
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, VickiB!

It's pretty easy to claim these things. The first post of every thread of these collaborative projects contains a list of the parts which need to be done.
Those which don't have a name next to them are free to be claimed. When you claim one, your name goes next to it. When you submit the completed file, I'll put the word *DONE* next to it. How about if I give you this one:

03-10 THE OWL AND THE BIRDS <VickiB>

We generally read from the texts listed at Project Gutenberg, since all of them are in the public domain from a copyright standpoint here in the USA. The link to the text is also in that first post:

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/11339/11339-8.txt

In this particular case, there are no "chapter" numbers associated with them, so you'll need to search for your Fable by title. Give it a go and see how much fun it is. It's great to have you aboard, VickiB - it's always nice to have a fresh voice in the mix!
Last edited by ChipDoc on February 4th, 2006, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.
~Mark Twain
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

Thanks for the advice! I can do the one you suggested instead.:) I'm very easy to get along with! :) And I can still do the Two Bags as well. How's that for spirit!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

I think that's excellent! I've got you marked down for both. Let me know if you need any help in figuring anything out!

03-10 THE OWL AND THE BIRDS <VickiB>
03-23 THE TWO BAGS<VickiB>
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ophul

Post by ophul »

Hi, I'm a newbie. I would like to tackle The Old Lion and The Jackdaw & the Pigeons if they are still available. Thanks!
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, ophul! They're yours - looking forward to hearing you read them for us!

03-13 THE OLD LION <ophul>
03-20 THE JACKDAW AND THE PIGEONS <ophul>
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
TinaTrLr

Post by TinaTrLr »

Hi Chipdoc,

I'll take the Ass and the Lion's Skin as my first attempt. I'm all set up to record so I'll send it as soon as possible if you give me the a-ok.

If I'm happy with that one, I'll write back for a few more.

Oooooh, this is fuuunnnn! :lol:
VickiB

Post by VickiB »

Well, I think I've done everything correctly. If not, please let me know.

"The Two Bags"

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NGJDLR9340HU3IN2HB8OODPXA
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

Welcome to LibriVox, bookworm633 - consider it yours!

03-11 THE ASS IN THE LION'S SKIN <bookworm633>
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain
ChipDoc

Post by ChipDoc »

VickiB wrote:Well, I think I've done everything correctly. If not, please let me know.
Nope, that's just perfect Vicki - Thanks!

Go ahead and do the other one too... ;)
-Chip
Retired to Colorado
~Mark Twain