[COMPLETE][FICTION] War and Peace V, by Leo Tolstoy - ry

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
beegray51

Post by beegray51 » January 9th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Hi Raynr, I was ready to upload my chapter 10 but couldn't remember my password for authentication so then had it sent to me. Now it is not accepting my new password. I will wait a day or so and try again but... If I continue to have trouble getting the chapter to you I will let you know. Thank you, Beecher

Starlite

Post by Starlite » January 9th, 2008, 6:12 pm

beegray51 wrote:Hi Raynr, I was ready to upload my chapter 10 but couldn't remember my password for authentication so then had it sent to me. Now it is not accepting my new password. I will wait a day or so and try again but... If I continue to have trouble getting the chapter to you I will let you know. Thank you, Beecher
See this announcement:

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12024

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw

beegray51

Post by beegray51 » January 9th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Thank you Esther. I think that did it with the new pass word. Beecher

beegray51

Post by beegray51 » January 10th, 2008, 7:50 am

Hello Raynr,

Because of the problem with Crime and punishment, I am not sure if I sent Book 5 chapter 10 of War and Peace which I completed yesterday.
I think I was able to retrieve section 26 of C and P and sent something last evening. Have a feeling it was an aup file though.
If you could tell me what you have received for both books , that would help me. Sorry for this inconvenience
Thank you very much, Beecher

beegray51

Post by beegray51 » January 11th, 2008, 4:32 pm

Hi Raynr, I just sent off chapter 10 of War and Peace. It is 11m 26s long. Thanks for all your help... I may read another chapter...Beecher

raynr

Post by raynr » January 11th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Thank you Beecher,

you will already find the listen link for your chapter in the magic window. And please, don't hesitate to claim another chapter. I would love to have another reading of yours. :D
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)

NikolaiDante

Post by NikolaiDante » January 20th, 2008, 6:04 pm

I'd like to take chapter 11 as my first submission to LibriVox please

Great Plains

Post by Great Plains » January 21st, 2008, 4:07 am

I'll take section/chapter 12.

Just to be sure, the correct chapter starts with the paragraph:
CHAPTER XII

In the evening Andrew and Pierre got into the open carriage and drove to Bald Hills. Prince Andrew, glancing at Pierre, broke the silence now and then with remarks which showed that he was in a good temper.
Is there a good resource for proper noun pronunciations? Or should I just fake it? :-)

Roger

Post by Roger » January 21st, 2008, 8:43 am

Could I please be assigned section 15?

--- Roger

Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain » January 21st, 2008, 9:10 am

Moving this from elwhere:
robbierogers wrote:Raynor: Here is chapter 4. It is my first posting, and I tried to make sure to follow the instruction details. Please, if you notice errors, let me know so I can correct. Appreciate your help.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ry/war_and_peace_05_04_tolstoy.mp3
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]

raynr

Post by raynr » January 21st, 2008, 4:14 pm

Oh so many posts in such a short time :D.

@NikolaiDante
welcome to LibriVox! Thanks for volunteering! I marked you down for chapter 11. Here are some informations about the recording process:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording
And how do you want to appear in the catalogue? This can be either your forum name, your real name or any other pseudonym. But if you have any questions, just ask.

@Great Plains
same to you: welcome! You obviously already volunteered for another chapter (your name is already in the database), but we didn't have the pleasure. I'm glad you want to make sure that you record the right text. And you are perfectly right: chapter 12 starts exactly with these words. And about the pronunciation:
First: because of the transscript of Cyrillic to Western script you generally just have to read names as they are written (it's not like e.g. French, where you really don't know how to pronounce the names). Second: if you read confidently, the listener will probably think that he always had a wrong pronunciation. And third, if you are in doubt, I can tell you how to pronounce the names. I hope that helps :D

@Roger
Thanks for volunteering, I marked you down for chapter 15. :D

@Cloud Mountain
Thanks for saving this stray post!

I hope that was everything. Thanks to all,

Rainer
"Everything in the world exists in order to end in a book." (Stéphane Mallarmé)

Kehinde

Post by Kehinde » January 21st, 2008, 6:02 pm

4 is downloading- also, for some reason, I can't find the link to Section 10. Image [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!

NikolaiDante

Post by NikolaiDante » January 21st, 2008, 6:34 pm

Hi Rainer,

I have just uploaded Book 5, Chapter 11 of 'War and Peace'. The file size for this mp3 is 16.04 MB, and the IDV3 tags have been put in according to specifications. The duration is 17:06.

War & Peace, Book 5, Chapter 11

I'd like to go in the catalogue under my real name 'Barny Shergold' (please note the spelling of my first name!)

This is my first proper attempt at a recoding for LibriVox so please be gentle, I have no doubts I will need to tweak my recording and re-submit!

I'd quite like to take another chapter, please hand me any one you want.

Barny

robbierogers

Post by robbierogers » January 22nd, 2008, 3:49 am

Rainer: Please add chapters 13 & 14 to my assignments. Thanks! Also, I uploaded chapter 5: its length is 12.19.

Kehinde

Post by Kehinde » January 22nd, 2008, 10:04 pm

Section 4- perfect! [/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!