COMPLETE: The Critique of Practical Reason by Kant - ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lezer

Post by lezer »

I had been eyeing it before, but it is a very very loooong one - of complicated matter. Always the one to be left to the last, I guess...

Well - allright - I'll take it!
Julila

Post by Julila »

If not, I can take over, Anna. I don't mind philosophy that much :). Two of my classes are cancelled this week so I could spend some time on recording.

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

I've read so much Kant in the last few days that my brain hurts. Anna, are you sure you'd like it? I'd love for you to do it.

Also, I know Susan is DPL, but perhaps she might want some assistance in PLing? I don't want to speak for her, but I surely want to see this cataloged for Octo-Gone!
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
lezer

Post by lezer »

No, it's fine, I'll do it - I can do with a positive challenge after a not-so-positive day at work...:D
kayray

Post by kayray »

Ok here ya go:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ct/critiquepracticalreason_16_kant.mp3
26.1MB 28:31

I didn't understand a darn thing. It was like reading another language. Man. I might as well have been a trained monkey. A well-trained, text-reading monkey.

People who actually understand what Kant is saying, I take my hat off to you :)

It's a bit irregular, but you can mark it as having been proofed and "OK", if you want. I actually proofed it myself while following along with the text 'cause I could have missed whole lines while reading and never known it! I found three tiny textual errors but nothing worth fixing (imho).
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
lezer

Post by lezer »

kayray wrote:I didn't understand a darn thing. It was like reading another language. Man. I might as well have been a trained monkey. A well-trained, text-reading monkey.
Ha ha, I just finished the recording of section 10 (still have a lot of editing to do of it) and I have the same feeling - just trying to make sense of each sentence enough so as to put the stress on the right syllable, but didn't follow anything of the text... A weird way of recording!
kayray

Post by kayray »

Yeah, I had about four times the normal number of errors in this one just because I'd finally get to the end of a sentence and realize I'd put the stress in the wrong place because I didn't know what I was saying. I'm sure there are still a few oddly-accented sentences because I never could figure out what some of them meant!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
lezer

Post by lezer »

OK, here's section 10:
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ct/critiquepracticalreason_10_kant.mp3

44:44

I'm afraid this does really need a PL - I think I caught all my repeats & stumbles, but I'm not absolutely sure...
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Thanks very much ladies! Even though you didn't understand what he meant. I minored in Philosophy, so.
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Julie and BlackNTan, can you give me an ETA on your sections?

Susan, how is the PLing coming?

[/b][/size]
HeartofTexas

Post by HeartofTexas »

The MB has been updated with the PL notes for sections 5, 6, 7, 10, and 17. Way to go, y'all! Just 2 more and it's done!! :D

Susan
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

WOW! you're amazing, Susan! Thank you!

[/b][/size]
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Oh, kittens, I can TASTE this one being DONE DONE DONE!

[/b][/size]
Julila

Post by Julila »

I just finished recording my section. I still have to edit it, quite thoroughly as might be supposed, but I'll have it ready by tomorrow morning.

Julie.
Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated!

Mr. Wooster, how would you support a wife? Well, I suppose it depends on whose wife it was, a little gentle pressure beneath the elbow while crossing a busy street usually fits the bill. (P.G. Wodehouse)
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

That's wonderful! Thank you!

[/b][/size]