COMPLETE: Legends of the Jews, Vol 2 by Louis Ginzberg - ss

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Nice to see this project getting a few new sections! I've downloaded your chapters, Scott and Sibella!
hearhis

Post by hearhis »

Hi Scott,
Today is the project DEADLINE :shock:
I actually recorded my 2 files on Job a couple months ago but I got messed up with adding ID3 tags and did not send in the files. Eventually I forgot that I still had this to do.
Please allow my claim on sections 26 and 27 to be reinstated and I will figure out these ID tags.

Thanks for managing this worthwhile project,
HearHis
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Hi hearhis! Don't worry too much about the ID3 tags. I can take care of them if you're having trouble. Why don't you go ahead and upload what you have to the librivox uploader and we can go from there?
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Scott - I listened to the preface, and you apparently uploaded the unedited version. It's fixed, reuploaded, and a little shorter!

Sec 2 is just fine and ready to go.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Sibella - Sec 1.14 through 1.18 are all fine and ready to catalog!
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

kmerline wrote:Hi Scott - I listened to the preface, and you apparently uploaded the unedited version. It's fixed, reuploaded, and a little shorter!

Sec 2 is just fine and ready to go.
Oops. I don't think I *had* an unedited version :) What kind of mistakes did I make?
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Hi Scott - I looked on the server to find the replaced file, and noticed immediatly that you are using directories.

When you leave all the files in the directory they are uploaded to, like I do, a reuploaded file with the same name replaces and renames the old one.

I couldn't find my edited file, which is no serious matter.

Just play the file linked to the window. You said "stop" after doing the intro, and started over, and there is another similar place near the end of the file. Now, I realize I need to be more careful about my assumptions on reuploading edited files, so this was a worthwile experience for me.
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Are you talking about my preface? I assume I used the FTP to put the file directly into the project folder. I generally leave html-uploaded files where they are, though.

I found a copy of 0.01 edited on 2/29 at 11:41 am (1,606,357 bytes) in the ss folder. Is that your edited copy? I'm relinking the magic window to that file.

This is why I'm no good at prooflistening :) I can't even pay attention long enough to edit my own recordings! :oops:
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

If the file has fewer bytes than the original, it would have to be my edited file! Please don't worry - it doesn't come up often, but if I edit anything else I listen to (just to remove repeats) I'll reupload and put the link in a post. You will know they're in the root directory when you see the link, and then can arrange them in your system.

If that doesn't work for you, please let me know. :)
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

I'd like to read Chapter 1 Parts 8 and 9. That's one of my favorites.
Catalog
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...The Shadow Knows!
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Hi Elanor! Welcome to the project! I've signed you up for those two parts! Your claim expires on April 6. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer!
Jamina1

Post by Jamina1 »

Just an update to let you know I should have my sections completed this weekend! :P
Catalog
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men...The Shadow Knows!
SSherris

Post by SSherris »

Awesome! Thanks, Elanor - let me know if you have any questions!