COMPLETE: The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer - AF/ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kri

Post by kri »

acrobatty wrote:Gesine,
My name is Cynthia Lyons ; I am "acrobatty" on the forum. This is only my third time recording for the project. I did a chapter of Northanger Abbey and a few chapters of Black Beauty for Kayray. I finished reading The Merchant's Tale today. It is 76 MB--longer than anything I've done before. Yousendit has a default of 50MB and hasn't replied to my request for a free account for 100MB. I don't know how to upload to librivox. I would appreciate any help you can give me. And please tell me how to pronounce your name and some insiders insights to Malta.

Acrobatty
Cynthia, I'm going to send you a PM offer to let you borrow some of my server space.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Cynthia is one of my favorite readers! I'm so happy she's contributing to the Tales :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thanks kri, kayray - acrobatty sent me an email and I've already responded to her. It would be best if she uploaded directly to my ftp as broadband is very sketchy here at the moment and I have a hard time downloading files. Then it's also in the right place for proof-listening later.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

acrobatty - thank you, received your file! My broadband is working again so could download it straight away.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
BradBush

Post by BradBush »

My job has become over bearing, so I have to give up my chapter (The General Prologue). Hopefully someone will pick it up. If not, and its a few months down the road, I will claim it back.

Sorry.

Brad
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

That's a shame, Brad - hope you'll have a lighter load soon! Thanks for letting me know so early, and hope to see you back soon. :)
Fox in the Stars

Post by Fox in the Stars »

Finished The Prioress's Tale:

http://www.shininghalf.com/sharepics/canterburytales_19_chaucer.mp3

All the Anti-Semitism, now with only half the calories. :P
Laura "Fox in the Stars": fan-author, puppyshipper.
...and [url=http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/LauraFox]LibriVixen. >^-~<[/url]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Thank you, Laura! Just downloading. You're also still doing section 16, right? :)
Fox in the Stars

16 - The Doctor's Tale, yup.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Great. I got 19, had a brief listen, sounds delightful. Thanks! :)
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Look, I'm really sorry about this, but I'm just not happy with my reading/pronunciation of this translation of Chaucer. I've really been dragging my feet on this, but I'm letting the chapter's I've dibbed go back up for grabs.

I'm really sorry folks.
Fox in the Stars

Don't beat yourself up, Seth. This is all a volunteer thing; no need to saddle yourself with a frustrating project. I'm sure you can find something you'll have more fun reading and we'll find someone who'll enjoy reading these.

(::slaps her fox-nose away from them:: No. Doctor's Tale first, then you can have another...)
gwen

Post by gwen »

Could I have 18, the shipman's tale please? I'd like to give this olde English thing a try, and there aren't any decidedly female roles left.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Sorry for my lack of response - my flag thing doesn't work properly and as I couldn't be on the forum much recently I missed your posts!

Seth - as Fox says, don't worry. I'll put them back to the pool. Thanks for letting us know.

Fox - you're wiser than I - whenever I resolve not to take any more chapters, I take on several... drat. No self-discipline.

gwen - super, 18 is yours, and will be fine read by a woman! :)
ladle

Post by ladle »

I'd be happy to take on the general prologue (03) for my first project here at librivox.

--ladle