[COMPLETE] World English Bible: Old Testament - km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

hefyd wrote:This isn't something I can resist - can I be the voice of Job 059-061 inc.?
hefyd
Yes you may.. the voice of Job, along with his miserable comforters, is all yours.. thanks!
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

I would like to read #031 (Book of Judges, Chapters 13-21) if it's still available.
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Great Plains wrote:I would like to read #031 (Book of Judges, Chapters 13-21) if it's still available.
It is still available.. so it's all yours! Thanks!

I'm assuming that this will be your first LibriVox recording. If that's the case, then make sure to let me know how you would like to be credited in the catalog (that is, either your real name or a pseudonym). Also, let me know if you have a website to link to.

Also, if this is your first recording, you're welcome to send in a short sample, to make sure that there's nothing wrong with your set-up. There are a lot of little things that could go wrong, that are easy to prevent but hard to correct. So maybe you could send in a recording of just chapter 13, and I'll take a listen. Section 031 is a particularly long section, but don't get discouraged. We've got plenty of time.

See ya!
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
tjm1983

Post by tjm1983 »

I can't believe no-one's claimed Ruth yet! Section 032, please.

Tim
<><
tjm1983

Post by tjm1983 »

hefyd wrote:This isn't something I can resist - can I be the voice of Job 059-061 inc.?
hefyd
Judging by your enthusiasm, you may also be interested in Job read as a dramatic work, which'll get started as soon as someone with enough time and energy starts discussing it the readers wanted section of dramatic works.

Tim
<><
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

tjm1983 wrote:I can't believe no-one's claimed Ruth yet! Section 032, please.

Tim
<><
You're right. The book of Ruth is all yours.. thanks!
d.e.wittkower

Post by d.e.wittkower »

This is an obnoxious request: May I read (just) the part of the Lover in the Song of Solomon?

If not, I'm sure I'd be able to get some folks here to voice the Beloved and the Friends as well.
Priya

Post by Priya »

077-The Proverbs :01-09

"Ask and thou Receive"

The cut & paste lesson was helpful.
Which Format do u store it each time.
Say in steps.
tjm1983

Post by tjm1983 »

d.e.wittkower wrote: May I read (just) the part of the Lover in the Song of Solomon?
You sound like you want to be involved in this:
http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11421
<><
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

LeonMire wrote:
Great Plains wrote:I would like to read #031 (Book of Judges, Chapters 13-21) if it's still available.
It is still available.. so it's all yours! Thanks!

I'm assuming that this will be your first LibriVox recording. If that's the case, then make sure to let me know how you would like to be credited in the catalog (that is, either your real name or a pseudonym). Also, let me know if you have a website to link to.

Also, if this is your first recording, you're welcome to send in a short sample, to make sure that there's nothing wrong with your set-up. There are a lot of little things that could go wrong, that are easy to prevent but hard to correct. So maybe you could send in a recording of just chapter 13, and I'll take a listen. Section 031 is a particularly long section, but don't get discouraged. We've got plenty of time.

See ya!
Excellent idea. This is my first try at recording. So I recorded Judges 13 as a test recording.

I uploaded it to the librivox.org server: user_great_plains_test_recording.mp3.

I'm of course open to any and all suggestions on how to improve the recording, sound quality, narration quality, etc. Of course, this is just a test recording, so I didn't bother to go back and correct a few mistakes I made, and I'm not sure about how the characters' names are pronounced. I'll double check that before I do the 'for real' recording :-)

Thanks for your help.
tjm1983

Post by tjm1983 »

Priya

Post by Priya »

077 Please!
Nobody 2 listen?
Ransom

Post by Ransom »

May I have...

please? :)
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

d.e.wittkower wrote:This is an obnoxious request: May I read (just) the part of the Lover in the Song of Solomon?

If not, I'm sure I'd be able to get some folks here to voice the Beloved and the Friends as well.
I don't see any reason why not.. I'll mark that down in the notes.

Just a couple of things:
You won't need to read "Lover" before each of your lines if there's going to be a voice for each part.

Make sure to say "The part of the Lover read by..." at the beginning of the recording.

Leave a short pause between each of your lines. I don't mind doing the editing to put it all together.

Thanks.. see ya!
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire »

Priya wrote:077 Please!
Nobody 2 listen?
Yes, you may have 077, Priya. I apologize.. I had a busy night last night. Thanks!

P.S. I'm not sure what you mean by "which format do you store it each time"? I mean, you normally save the file as an mp3.. but you've already been doing that, so I think you already know that. Do you mean something else?