[COMPLETE] Thus Spake Zarathustra by Fr. Nietzsche - cm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

d.e. and perhaps Carl expressed interest at one time...I'll post on our CPR board. Thanks, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Dugwyler

Post by Dugwyler »

Hey.

I'm from TTM's Kant - Critique of Pure Reason group. I'd be very interested in taking the second part of Zarathustra, if, as I would venture to guess, it's reserved by the parts rather than a few sections. Nietzsche is one of my very favorite philosophers, and it'd be sheer pleasure to have the opportunity to read him, particularly this, his most ironic and difficult work.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dugwyler wrote:Hey.

I'm from TTM's Kant - Critique of Pure Reason group. I'd be very interested in taking the second part of Zarathustra, if, as I would venture to guess, it's reserved by the parts rather than a few sections. Nietzsche is one of my very favorite philosophers, and it'd be sheer pleasure to have the opportunity to read him, particularly this, his most ironic and difficult work.
Great! I'll sign you up then.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

My Kant ? :D :? :lol: :oops: :wink:
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ticktockman wrote:My Kant ? :D :? :lol: :oops: :wink:
Yes, yours, all yours! ;)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Dugwyler

Post by Dugwyler »

Hallo -- I've uploaded 23. Please let me know if the formatting is as you'd like it, seeing that, as you'd mentioned before, there are going to be a lot of these files!

Also, I noticed that on the assignment page, the two recordings that are up presently seem to be placed next to the wrong chapters. Maybe this is a result of the number reordering.

Is the MC in charge of group-normalizing volume at the end, or applying noise reduction? I'll try to consistently use both, but wonder if it will contrast with others.

More to come soon. Fortunately the short bits are very easy to record in between errands and such.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dugwyler wrote:Hallo -- I've uploaded 23. Please let me know if the formatting is as you'd like it, seeing that, as you'd mentioned before, there are going to be a lot of these files!

Also, I noticed that on the assignment page, the two recordings that are up presently seem to be placed next to the wrong chapters. Maybe this is a result of the number reordering.

Is the MC in charge of group-normalizing volume at the end, or applying noise reduction? I'll try to consistently use both, but wonder if it will contrast with others.

More to come soon. Fortunately the short bits are very easy to record in between errands and such.
Hi there
Reveived 23 and it's linked from the reader list now. The file name is formatted correctly; didn't download to check the rest. See first post on details.

Thanks for spotting the mistake with the previous recordings; now fixed.

We do have some volume control in the cataloguing process. Just try to send the best quality files as possible, and make sure your recordings are loud enough.

Look forward to your other recordings! :)
Dugwyler

Post by Dugwyler »

OK! Thanks. Just want to be certain as while I've done a decent bit of recording before I'm still very new to the LV process. It's one of those situations where it seems too easy, as though certainly one must be screwing something up ...

Uploaded 24 & 25. In the future I'll do them in packages of 4 or more so that it's less of a stress to be updating the page constantly.

EDIT: Ack, I guess it didn't upload after all. First time I forgot the password, and the second time it said the filename was too long (it had appended all sorts of great random characters onto the front to preserve the temp filename, but the algorithm apparently doesn't check if this will overdo the name char limit -- silly computers). I'll wait until I have a couple more chapters recorded before trying again.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hi there, the chapters have arrived. Please read the Uploader page - often you'll get error messages when the upload actually worked. I don't mind if you post single files, really. It's up to you.

24 and 25 are now linked in the reader list.
Dugwyler

Post by Dugwyler »

Hi there, the chapters have arrived. Please read the Uploader page - often you'll get error messages when the upload actually worked.
Ah, good. After the error the files didn't show up on the list even after a refresh which was what had me worried.

Uploaded 26 and 27.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dugwyler wrote:
Hi there, the chapters have arrived. Please read the Uploader page - often you'll get error messages when the upload actually worked.
Ah, good. After the error the files didn't show up on the list even after a refresh which was what had me worried.

Uploaded 26 and 27.
Hmm, odd. Sorry about that.
26 and 27 have arrived. Will link from reader list.
Dugwyler

Post by Dugwyler »

Gesine,

I've uploaded 28 and 29.

Also, I was wondering, what's the policy on finding readers for this project? As it was originally a solo one, it's still in the Solo category, but had it been in Readers Wanted I'd have gone for it much sooner. Fortunately TTM was kind enough to mention it. Any chance it might be moved around in the interest of getting reader #4?

Seth and Drom, are you still interested/involved? I understand no life is short of a near unlimited number of obligations. It's just that it's an incredibly important work, one of the more profound and startling philosophical achievments in recent history ... and I think it would be awful to see it fall by the wayside, or eventually get dropped. Not to bug or pressure. I'm still very new to the whole NV process and likely to be paranoid about things that may not actually require any worry.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dugwyler wrote:Gesine,

I've uploaded 28 and 29.

Also, I was wondering, what's the policy on finding readers for this project? As it was originally a solo one, it's still in the Solo category, but had it been in Readers Wanted I'd have gone for it much sooner. Fortunately TTM was kind enough to mention it. Any chance it might be moved around in the interest of getting reader #4?

Seth and Drom, are you still interested/involved? I understand no life is short of a near unlimited number of obligations. It's just that it's an incredibly important work, one of the more profound and startling philosophical achievments in recent history ... and I think it would be awful to see it fall by the wayside, or eventually get dropped. Not to bug or pressure. I'm still very new to the whole NV process and likely to be paranoid about things that may not actually require any worry.
Well, Seth was originally doing this with some friends, then solo. Then Drom joined. After a while, TTM posted to see if they wanted more readers, Drom said yes, and you came along.

My idea was to sign up all readers and then to move it over to Readers Found, but we're still missing the fourth reader.

I haven't heard from Seth for a long time; he's started some other projects which are now dormant. I think it would be great if this could be revived. Perhaps you'd like to PM/email the two of them?

I've marked your two sections, thanks.
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

dugwyler wrote:Seth and Drom, are you still interested/involved? I understand no life is short of a near unlimited number of obligations. It's just that it's an incredibly important work, one of the more profound and startling philosophical achievments in recent history
I've got six chapters recorded for part three and waiting to be edited. It's going more slowly than I would have liked, but definitely still going.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dromiceius wrote:
dugwyler wrote:Seth and Drom, are you still interested/involved? I understand no life is short of a near unlimited number of obligations. It's just that it's an incredibly important work, one of the more profound and startling philosophical achievments in recent history
I've got six chapters recorded for part three and waiting to be edited. It's going more slowly than I would have liked, but definitely still going.
Great news! :) That's what I do... I record and record and then I have this pile of editing to do... sigh.