[COMPLETE] Thus Spake Zarathustra by Fr. Nietzsche - cm

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

"Dromiceius" will do. As for the URL, http://dromiceius.blogspot.com

If anyone's curious about my progress, I did a test reading of chapter 45 a few days ago. It needs work, but there should be something finished before long. Hopefully. :wink:
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Well done, Seth. I cut out 14 seconds of silence from the beginning. I've also updated the thread in Going Solo; please have a look there - It would be easier for me if we could keep these conversations in the thread - simpler to keep track of things. :)

Good luck with the project - you do pick the challenging ones, don't you?
Check and check. Further conversations will take place here.

Challenging? Welcome to the story of my life, sheesh.
sethish.com
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Dromiceius wrote:"Dromiceius" will do. As for the URL, http://dromiceius.blogspot.com

If anyone's curious about my progress, I did a test reading of chapter 45 a few days ago. It needs work, but there should be something finished before long. Hopefully. :wink:
Don't be discouraged. I had a heck of a time stumbling over those damnable th's.
sethish.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dromiceius wrote:"Dromiceius" will do. As for the URL, http://dromiceius.blogspot.com
Got that, thanks.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

To great pains did Dromiceius go in doing a proper recording, and verily, his mind hath snapped like the branch of the winter willow. :wink:

I did a recording of chapter 47, and I think it turned out alright... but the upload speed I'm getting is poor, even for a 56k modem, so I'll have to upload it after dark.
Sethwoodworth

Post by Sethwoodworth »

Hoorah! Verily I feel the pain and great suffering of all those subject to the torturous 56k!

I have a few recorded that I'll upload when I get back to the college and high speed.
sethish.com
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Dromiceius wrote:To great pains did Dromiceius go in doing a proper recording, and verily, his mind hath snapped like the branch of the winter willow. :wink:

I did a recording of chapter 47, and I think it turned out alright... but the upload speed I'm getting is poor, even for a 56k modem, so I'll have to upload it after dark.
Did you record 47 or 48? Filename says 48.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

It was section 48, which is chapter 47.

Edit: I was half expecting some confusion. Would it be possible to change the section numbering to start from 00 rather than 01? That way it'll line up with the chapter numbers.
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Ah. Of course. Silly me. :)
fiox

Post by fiox »

Dear Sethwoodworth Dromiceius, Thank you for your work. Also Sprach Zarathustra is my favourite. I have been looking for the audio for this book a long time but in vain. Verily I appreciate it. And I hope everything will be OK. Thank you.
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

Thanks, fiox. And apologies for not actually working on it for so long. My recording studio was usurped by relatives for a few weeks over the holidays, yadda yadda, excuses. :D

I'm going to try to nail the deadline this week. For part three, that is.
fiox

Post by fiox »

:lol: Yes, it is not easy to accomplish somthing. But I think this one, also sprach zarathustra, is really worth of it. Never mind if we cannot finish it soon. Anyhow life is long.
I myself is Chinese. They are several Chinese visions of translation of this book. But, in my opinon, they are not very perfect. And I have a dream that some day before my death I can do my duty to add a little more better Chinese translation of ZARA.
I am waiting for your reading. :D :D
Ticktockman

Post by Ticktockman »

Greetings,

We've just finished recording the Antichrist, and at least one of our team is interested in recording more Nietzsche. Are you open to readers, or committed to a duet recording?

In any case, you might want to check out Adelaide's etext. It's the same translation, but much easier on the eyes (mine are probably older than yours):

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/n/nietzsche/friedrich/n67a/

Thanks, TTM
[color=darkblue][size=92][i]Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.[/i] -- Henry James[/size][/color]
Dromiceius

Post by Dromiceius »

Ticktockman wrote:We've just finished recording the Antichrist, and at least one of our team is interested in recording more Nietzsche. Are you open to readers, or committed to a duet recording?
I don't see why not. More the merrier. :)

Bit of a progress report: chapter 50 is recorded. Huzzah!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've changed the section numbers so that they coincide with chapter numbers (Prologue is now 00).

Ticktockman - if you have two readers in mind, it might be best if they posted here (also which part they'd like, 2 or 4), then I can sign them up and move this project to Readers Wanted (seeing that it's collaborative now).