COMPLETE: [POETRY] Elegiac Sonnets etc. by C T Smith - mla

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Aah, that's my kind of proof-listening....

Will you do database notes? (You are enabled, n'est-ce pas?)

David
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

earthcalling wrote:Aah, that's my kind of proof-listening....

Will you do database notes? (You are enabled, n'est-ce pas?)

David
Doh! <slaps forehead> Forgot that my spell-casting would have effect here as well! I've tried unsuccessfully to screw around with other magic windows so many times, that I sort of gave up. I'll get on that now...
[size=84][color=#483d8b][b]Is it weird in here, or is it just me? [/b][/color][/size]- [size=75][i]Steven Wright[/size][/i]
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

"When worms shall feed on this devoted heart..."
That's what we call Valentine's Day talk.

Nary an imperfection of sound to be found. Smooth as butter.
[size=84][color=#483d8b][b]Is it weird in here, or is it just me? [/b][/color][/size]- [size=75][i]Steven Wright[/size][/i]
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

Okay, I think I'm caught up with you now.

You people really know how to put the "Gee!" back in elegy, I'm here to tell ya. Incandescent. Beyond butter, it's, it's clarified. Whew! Man, if you could bottle this stuff, you'd be rich as the Sultan of Brunei. Not a clip, echo, stumble, phlegm nodule, repeat, hiccup, or sniffle to be found. A work of perfection. Unsurpassed.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

A few more added... (playing leapfrog with Cori...)
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

I plan on listening to these tomorrow, when I'm back in town.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

I didn't understand the final section of 57 - "More noble than the sycophant...", so any helpful suggestions gladly received! :D

David
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

Are you possibly mocking my tawdry flowers of proof-listening reports, heaped at your, uh, shrine? I choose not to think so, since you who, to all that genius can impart, adds the cool head, and the unblemish'd heart.

Like the writer, I refuse to be crushed by your fraud, compounding my pride, and remain shackled only to my freedom to proof-listen at will. Heh. So there.

Excellent, excellent files so far. Like yourselves, I think I'll stretch the enjoyment over a few days - Mountain Nymph that I am.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Dagnabbit! Always knowed you was smarter'n me!

61 is up, and a fine example of over-egging it. At the slightest hint, I'll happily re-do. Rather reminds me of Dame Celia Molestrangler...
AmethystA

Post by AmethystA »

This project has intrigued me, so I'll be the new MC for y'all. :D
Bloom where you’re planted!
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

And I'm still listening! I find I need to pace myself, as I deeply absorb the admonishments to be rock-like as I learn to face death. But I'm enjoying every minute. I'm up to the 40s now...
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

A few added at the bottom (I got stuck on some long 'uns in the middle)... and we're officially half-way through! :D

David
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

I picked up a few more tonight, ec. Some of them particularly strike a chord - Tranquility was lovely.

Well, they are all lovely readings. Have I mentioned that lately? Lovely.
puffin1

Post by puffin1 »

Earthcalling, I found Elegy 61 to be just the right balance. Any higher a twist of the knob, it would become a dramatization; any less would not serve the text so well. Astonishingly, I have found your first, and thusfar only, text blip - you spoke "rock" instead of "rocky" in this passage:
" 'Tis not his voice! Hark! the deep thunders roll;
Upheaves the ground; the rocky barriers fail;
Approach, ye horrors that delight my soul,
Despair, and Death, and Desolation, hail!"
For my money, the meaning is not hurt, and all is fluently done. Your call. As always, a pleasure, my liege.
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Well spotted!

I've listened to it again with fresh ears, and doubt I could do it better... so I'll leave it as is.

David