keri

Post by keri »

kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sec 8 posted!
keri

Post by keri »

And here is section 9:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200801/confessionsoftwobrothers_09_powys.mp3

The end is in sight, two more sections for me, although the last one is very long.

keri
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sec 9 posted! great work!
keri

Post by keri »

Here's part 10 only one more to go, even if it is a long one, it's strange I'm finding it harder as I go rather than easier:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200801/confessionsoftwobrothers_10_powys.mp3

I found it very interesting in this section that Powys spoke of the then current war (WW1) as filling him with resolve to make the most of his time and to write furiously. Powys was then about 44 years old by which time most major writers have already done their major work, but Powys had barely begun and after this he did in fact write furiously and build up a huge body of work of startling and original genius which really came to fruition in his late fifties and his last major work & some regard it as his greatest "Porious" was written when he was 79 and he continued writing to nearly 90.

Cheers

keri
Zaxy

Post by Zaxy »

keri wrote:Hi Again Zaxy/kmerline

Here's newly edited file for part 3:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200712/confessionsoftwobrothers_03_powys.mp3

I have discovered that i have great difficulty saying "harassed" don't know if i did any better, This lot of edits was very painful and i am not happy with this track but want to move on. See what you think.

Keri
Fantastic!! you NAILED 'harassed' with flair! ;)
section 3 pl'd ok!

-Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
-I think so Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel left out?
Zaxy

Post by Zaxy »

section 5 PL'd OK! :)

-I think so Brain, but if we give peas a chance, won't the lima beans feel left out?
Zaxy

Post by Zaxy »

section 6 pl'd ok! :))
i love his sentiments on scenery- mountains blocking fresh air, etc- such a great listen! :)

kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Sec 10 posted!
Zaxy

Post by Zaxy »

Section 7 PL'd OK! :)

keri

Post by keri »

Karen

My last section, the final one of John's it's about twice as long as the others:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/km/confessionsoftwobrothers_11_powys.mp3

Well what a crazy work, I'm glad to have added a work of John Cowper's to librivox and at the same time helped Llewelyn get in there too. If someone did something of Theodores then all three literary Powys brothers would be there. This has been a challenging journey, not quite finished yet but for me the major part is done .

I realise now that there is a problem with the id tags, sorry:

grant used for title: Part 12 Section 1

and i used: 01: Part 1

I think Grant's is better, will I need to reload all the files to fix it or can it be done to the files on the server?

Also for artist my one's have got John Cowper Powys and grant's have Llewelyn Powys which is correct but it means if using itunes mine and grant's sections will be seperate artists so in a lot of instances won't sort together, is that a problem?

keri
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Excellent, Keri - your last section has been posted in the window. Please don't worry about the ID tags - It is more efficient for my to fix them during the cataloging process that for you to have to reupload all the files.
Zaxy

Post by Zaxy »

Section 8
volume seems a bit low, but could be my computer.
PL'd OK! :)
~Z