COMPLETE Charles Dickens by G. K. Chesterton km

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Wandering

Post by Wandering »

Hello Karen and all,

Here is the third try. I used the link information in your last post to me, though it all looks the same from here.

In an effort to check on my own, I then went to the website for Chapter 8 and downloaded it. Uploads on my DSL connection are at 50 KB/s and downloads at 750KB/s. It came right in, and plays fine here from the download. So, maybe this is the one. I picked eight, because at 98 percent, the upload server disconnected and my software reconnected and continued to a reported successful conclusion. Since file sizes match, and nothing is missing, at least that is working well!

http://www.wikifortio.com/895157/charlesdickens_07_chesterton.mp3

http://www.wikifortio.com/881683/charlesdickens_08_chesterton.mp3

Thanks for your patience. I think I'll work on the other assignment before doing CH 9 here. At least till I hear from you.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Wandering,
I just tried the 07 - downloaded fine, right size, playable in both itunes & audacity. I think it worked this time. So you solved it! (I only listened to the first few seconds (so not PL'ed yet) but your reading sounds very clear!)

[Although, I see the uploader you use expires very quickly (in 2 days) - that might not be too convenient, in case a BC (who is of course also a volunteer) has other things to do for a few days, comes back to the thread, and the link has expired... You would then have to upload again... It would seem safer to use the LV uploader, which cuts down work for the BC.

My apologies in advance, in case you discussed this before and are having problems with it, I didn't read back in the thread]
Wandering

Post by Wandering »

Thanks for the feedback. I used the information given by Karen in her last post to me, and seemed to end up in the same place I was before. I'll keep working on that, because I really don't understand why that is.

Glad you could hear it. Thanks for your interest in working through this problem.
Wandering

Post by Wandering »

I had a file to upload to another BC this morning, and I finally gave up using the uploader, and went to the website with my browser and uploaded that way. I think that will work fine for future uploads here. Maybe that was the root of the problem all along. Quein sabe?

Thanks again for all the help, and I apologize if I come across impatient. One benefit to me in this time of year as a retired person is that I can turn this around pretty quickly. Other people have lots more pulling at them.

Blessings & peace....
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

No, not so impatient! I'm glad you didn't give up. We both have a right to be frustrated, because I want those chapters!

I use the LV uploader with both MSIE and firefox - no problem. Go figure.

I'm glad you got them uploaded, although I'm unfamiliar with the process you describe. To get the files, though I'll need their URL's.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Karen,
See Wandering's post above, starting "third try" for the url's! They work.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

D'oh. And then, that transfer service being unfamiliar to me, I was trying to treat them as server links. D'oh again.

Thank you, lezer, for straightening me out. I'll be listening a bit later on.
lezer

Post by lezer »

:D
Wandering

Post by Wandering »

It seems we are finally making this thing work. So, here is Chapter 9

I'll be away till Tuesday, so have fun. Don't be shy about asking for any changes, or even doing it over. This is all a new thing for me, and my feelings won't get hurt.

Chapter 9 is 50:13 minutes and 48.22 MB at:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200712/charlesdickens_09_chesterton.mp3
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Thank you for the third section. Yes, with lezer's help, it is working! I'll be listening tomorrow.
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Your three sections were just excellent, Wandering! :) I hope they are the first of many more.
Tysto

Post by Tysto »

It looks like Chapter 10 is the final unassigned section. I'd like to do that one.

Tysto - Derek Jensen
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Ch 10 is yours, Derek. Thank you.
Tysto

Post by Tysto »

10 is ready to go! About 32 minutes and 30 MB.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200712/charlesdickens_10_chesterton.mp3

Merry/happy Christmas,
=Derek=
kmerline

Post by kmerline »

Tysto, thank you again for Sec 10 - it is beautifully read, and OK to catalog.