[COMPLETE] World English Bible: New Testament - ct

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's the link to a barely acceptable version of section 06.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ct/worldenglishbible2_06_matthew.mp3.mp3

length: 26:43.5

If I have time over the weekend, I may try to edit it some more (i.e. paste recordings over some bits I'm not happy with), but for now I thought I'd better get this version safely uploaded before something weird happens again while I fiddle with it.

Yes, you have a raging perfectionist on your hands :roll:

edit: Oops. I forgot to do the ID3 tags. I've just done them, will do a few short edits and upload again later.
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Thank you!!
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'm trying to upload section six again, this time with ID3 tags and a few more edits.

Strangely, the file for section six changed to a wav file in my documents after my first upload. I deleted that and have tried three times to export the file from Audacity (I made two copies this time) as an Audacity MP3 file and each time, although I carefully selected "Export as MP3" and checked that the window said, "Save MP3 file as," the file turns up in My Documents as a wav file.

Does anyone know what to do about it? I'm stumped.
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

No idea. Can you use yousendit and send me the wav?
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I don't know anything about Yousendit, but since Philippians went as a wav file without my realizing it with the Librivox uploader, I'll try that again.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I just listened to section 47 through my speakers, not following with the text. It sounded perfect. No stumbles or pauses and it sounded right according to my knowledge of the text from other translations.
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Thank you!

[/b][/size]
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've just downloaded all of Second Corinthians but don't have time to listen to it right now. I'll listen to it following with the text tonight (that'll be about ten hours from now).
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Patty, you're a trooper! THank you!

[/b][/size]
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 34 is fine.

I've assumed that the numerous differences I've found in choice of vocabulary between the text I find online through the link above the magic window and recordings that I've listened to are because of the translation being still "in progress." No difference I've noted affects meaning (the different words are generally synonyms), so after making notes on ten differences in three chapters, I gave it up. Volunteers have better uses for their time than editing those.
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

I definately agree. They are constantly polishing the chapters.

[/b][/size]
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 35 is o.k. except for a few little glitches that Hugh would probably say to ignore, but I'll list them in case the reader wants to edit them.

6:25 the o is left off of the word "obedience" (Ch.9, verse 13)

9:51 "that" is read, while the text said "but" and the meaning is
somewhat affected. (Ch.11, verse 1)

19:56 "approbate" is read instead of "reprobate," and "reprobate"
fits the meaning according to the clearer wording of the
New International Version. (Ch. 13, verse 7)
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've downloaded sections 33 and 36 and can get to them in the morning. It's 11 p.m. in Istanbul right now.
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

THanks! I'll note that in the magic window

[/b][/size]