[COMPLETE] World English Bible: New Testament - ct

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 2:54 am

The New Testament, from the World English Bible.

This book was cataloged on November 23, 2008. The audio files have been transferred to Internet Archive and are available at: http://librivox.org/world-english-bible-new-testament/

The World English Bible is a modern English translation of the Bible, released directly into the public domain. Please join us in the first collaborative LibriVox project to record the entire Bible! The Old Testament can be found here.
  1. How to claim a part, and 'how it all works' here
    To find a section to record, simply look at point 6 below, at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are “up for grabs.” Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you’d like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 7. to 9. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
  2. New to recording?
    Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
  3. Is there a deadline?
    Target completion date of this project: July 2008 - but try to send your recordings as soon as you can. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it’ll go back to the pool. There’s no shame in this; we’re all volunteers and things happen.
  4. Where do I find the text?
    Source text: http://ebible.org/web/

However, please follow the text links for the individual books in the window below.

I've also provided a word count for each section. Forum discussions have shown that most people read about 130-200 words a minute. Per 4000 words, this comes to about 22 to 30 minutes of recording time.
  5. Pronunciation of Biblical names?
    If you're unsure how to pronounce a person or place name in the Bible, you can try one of these resources (listed in order of preference):
    Biblical Words Pronunciation Guide: Audio pronunciations for many proper names

Bible Words - Phonetic Pronunciation: Fewer audio pronunciations, but more entries, with phonetic spellings (e.g. "AY-bruh-ham" for "Abraham")

The Bible Explainer: Has phonetic spellings, but somewhat more difficult to use. Includes almost every proper name in the Bible.

A good pronouncing dictionary for general use is Merriam-Webster (with audio).
  6. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)!

MAGIC WINDOW:

(Admin link)
  7. BEFORE recording:
    Please check the Recording Notes:
    http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  8. DURING recording:
    Make sure you add this to the beginning and end of your recording:
    Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapters [numbers] of [Book title], from the World English Bible. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org" (e.g. "Chapters 8 through 12 of the Book of Matthew, from the World English Bible." If your section is a complete book, simply say the book title; e.g. "The Book of Galatians, from the World English Bible")
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name]"
    • Then say:
      "[Book title], from the World English Bible. [Chapters]" (e.g. "The First Book of Corinthians, from the World English Bible. Chapters 1 through 6"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapters]" (unless your section ends that book; see below)
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • If your section ends the book, say:
      "End of [Book title]." (e.g. Say "End of the Book of Matthew" for the end of section 6.)
    • At the end of the whole book (that is, the last section of Revelation), say (in addition):
      "End of The New Testament, from the World English Bible"
    Please leave 5 seconds silence at the end of your recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes!

Also, please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  9. AFTER recording:
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some background noise, you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity (Mac/Win) has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    worldenglishbible2_##_booktitle.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is your section number. (e.g. worldenglishbible2_06_matthew.mp3).

The "2" is necessary to make the Old and New Testaments sort properly. (For books like 1 Corinthians, 3 John, etc. save the files like this: worldenglishbible2_##_1corinthians or worldenglishbible2_##_3john).

ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/WhatIsID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!

Title: ## - Book Title, Chapters ##-## (e.g. "31 - 1 Corinthians, Chapters 01-06")
    Album: World English Bible
    Artist: World English Bible

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloging stage.

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    • If you have your own server space, post the link here. Please leave the file in this location until the project is catalogued. Even better, upload the file to the LibriVox Uploader, see below.
    • If you don't have your own server space, please upload with the LibriVox Uploader (please be sure to post the link you receive after your upload, in this thread):
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      Use "ct" for the MC for this project.
      If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    I'll need the following information from you when you submit a recording:
    • your name/pseudonym as you want to appear in the LibriVox catalog, and your website URL if you like. These are only necessary if this is your first LibriVox recording.
    • the file size of your .mp3 file/duration of the recording.
Any questions?
Please post below or PM me. :)
Last edited by LeonMire on April 9th, 2008, 10:35 am, edited 17 times in total.
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.
-[url=http://www.deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com/][u]Jack Handey[/u][/url]

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » October 5th, 2007, 10:06 am

I'll MC you for this if I can have the Book of John. :)

I'll set it up when I get home from work tonight.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

djaquay

Post by djaquay » October 5th, 2007, 1:02 pm

I'd like James, if I may.

Dave

Update 10/26: Got it recorded, just have the editing left.
Last edited by djaquay on October 26th, 2007, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin Brett

Post by Justin Brett » October 5th, 2007, 1:18 pm

I'm currently recording the WEB version of Mark's Gospel here. I am happy to donate it to this project if you would like - it's 75% done, but I can very easily change the bits that would need changing like ID3 tags and introductions and things. What do you think?

Justin
Justin's Librivox Stuff
'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Caeristhiona wrote:I'll MC you for this if I can have the Book of John. :)

I'll set it up when I get home from work tonight.
It's a deal.. thanks! :)
I remember how, in college, I got that part-time job as a circus clown, and how the children would laugh and laugh at me. I vowed, then and there, that I would get revenge.

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 2:39 pm

djaquay wrote:I'd like James, if I may.

Dave
You may.. thank you! I'll get you signed up soon.

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Justin Brett wrote:I'm currently recording the WEB version of Mark's Gospel here. I am happy to donate it to this project if you would like - it's 75% done, but I can very easily change the bits that would need changing like ID3 tags and introductions and things. What do you think?

Justin
I have no problem with this, as long as Caet does not. Don't feel obliged to donate yours, because this project is not meant to discourage anyone from recording books of the Bible by themselves, as has been the custom here.

However, for future reference to all out there, I do not think I will accept recordings that have already been cataloged. For instance, the Book of Matthew has already been read by Kiwiria, and has been put in our catalog. If she wanted to claim the Book of Matthew, I would ask her to do a new recording. One reason is that it'd mean that anybody could submit her recording as their own.

But since yours has not been cataloged, I don't think there'll be any problem.. so thanks! :)
Last edited by LeonMire on October 6th, 2007, 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » October 5th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Can you check the text link?

Ta,

David

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 4:46 pm

earthcalling wrote:Can you check the text link?

Ta,

David
Thanks for pointing that out.. I had just typed in "World English Bible" for the title on Gutenberg, and posted the link. I guess it doesn't work like that. I found the index itself, so that should work. But I'll also have links in the magic window.

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 5th, 2007, 5:09 pm

I've changed a couple of things to make the instructions more clear, and also to make the New Testament sort properly with the Old Testament, when I start it. Caet, is there anything that's confusing, or that would cause a problem for sorting by mp3 players?

Justin Brett

Post by Justin Brett » October 5th, 2007, 11:38 pm

LeonMire wrote:I have no problem with this, as long as Caet does not. Don't feel obliged to donate yours, because this project is not meant to discourage anyone from recording books by themselves, as has been the tradition here.
Good. In that case, could you sign me up for all of Mark's Gospel! Then, once I've finished my solo, instead of it being catalogued separately I can hand the recordings over to you. (That's a good incentive to finish it, too!)

Justin
Justin's Librivox Stuff
'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'

earthcalling

Post by earthcalling » October 6th, 2007, 2:19 am

LeonMire wrote:
earthcalling wrote:Can you check the text link?

Ta,

David
Thanks for pointing that out.. I had just typed in "World English Bible" for the title on Gutenberg, and posted the link. I guess it doesn't work like that. I found the index itself, so that should work. But I'll also have links in the magic window.
Leon,

That's better! But it redirects to this, which is the version we'll use in the catalogue:- http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8294#bible

While I've got you, can you sign me up for Ephesians?

Thanks!

David

LeonMire

Post by LeonMire » October 6th, 2007, 2:29 am

earthcalling wrote: Leon,
That's better! But it redirects to this, which is the version we'll use in the catalogue:- http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8294#bible

While I've got you, can you sign me up for Ephesians?

Thanks!

David
Okay, I've got it right this time. And yes, you may have Ephesians. Thanks!

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » October 7th, 2007, 12:44 am

LeonMire wrote:I've changed a couple of things to make the instructions more clear, and also to make the New Testament sort properly with the Old Testament, when I start it. Caet, is there anything that's confusing, or that would cause a problem for sorting by mp3 players?
Leon -

Alright, I've set up the magic window.

The file names look great.

I'd change the ID32 tags to something more like this:

Title: ## - Book Title, Chapters ##-## (Ex: 01 - Matthew, Chapters 01-04)
Album: World English Bible
Artist: World English Bible

This is just to make it fit with our cataloging procedures, which lists the Bible version as the author.

Other than that, I don't see any glaring problems. I didn't add any section titles to the Magic Window, since I'm not completely sure what you're wanting to do. :D

EDIT: Also, I don't see any problem with taking Justin's version of Mark, as long as he remembers to change disclaimers, intros, ID3s, etc.
Last edited by Caeristhiona on October 7th, 2007, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

tis

Post by tis » October 7th, 2007, 1:10 am

Love to take Phillipians, if I may.
[img]http://goringe.net/images/chris.png[/img]