COMPLETE: The Yellow Fairy Book by Andrew Lang - CL/jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
notajenny

Post by notajenny »

Hey Smijen...

I'll read it for you, unless someone else is anxious to... :)

I'd start recording tonight except we're having a thunder storm tonight so it'll have to wait at least a night or two... :)

Jenn
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." - Albert Einstein
smijen

Post by smijen »

It's all yours - thanks!
Android users - try Orthografiend, a free word game from the maker of Checker.
notajenny

Post by notajenny »

Sarah;

I have managed to do something to my computer... don't know exactly how I did it, but I managed to wipe out ALL of the components that come standard in the Programs>Accessories>Entertainment section of my computer.... you know, this is where things like Solitaire, and Hearts are... which would be completely fine with me, actually, EXCEPT that along with that stuff is the internal "brainy bits" that make any mic I plug in work.

In other words, I can't get my mic to work, and it seems that the peeps at MicroSquish figure that no one is interested in fixing that bit... or maybe they just haven't come across someone who's managed to erase it yet... :P

But at any rate, I know I can fix the darned thing (and probably speed my whole computer up as a side bonus) by reinstalling the operating system, but in the mean time, I can't do any recording....

The good news is that I have all the chapters I originally signed up for recorded, I just need to finish editing them all...

The bad news is that I am going to have to bump chapter 40 back to you, unfortunately, as I don't know when I will be able to get the mic up and running again... best to let someone who knows they can get it done do it so that we can get this baby out the door in time, right?

I'm terribly sorry... I hope this isn't too much of a bother... at least I did get my other stuff completed, so there is that bit of consolation at least... :)

Aloha,
Jenn
"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." - Albert Einstein
smijen

Post by smijen »

It's OK, Jenn - stuff happens. I appreciate the apology, but it's not like you're just throwing it back for no reason. I hope your computer lets you edit the others, because your readings are great and you've done a LOT of chapters.

everyone else:
1. anybody want chapter 40?
2. how are your chapters going? The deadline is a month away!
cricket

Post by cricket »

Sarah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to step back from section 30 The FLying Ship, after all. I just started a new full-time job a couple of weeks ago and it's seriously cutting down my recording time. :( I'm really sorry!
[size=75]It's alright not to have all the answers as long as you don't stop asking the questions.[/size]
smijen

Post by smijen »

That's OK, cricket - thanks for letting me know.

So The Flying Ship and The Blue Mountains are both up for grabs. I'll wait a day before posting in orphans.
Xrystabelle

Post by Xrystabelle »

Here's section 35 for you.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200711/yellowfairybook_35_lang.mp3

Let me know if you need any changes.

I'll get working on the other two sections as soon as I am able.

christie
Christie Nowak
!mReader

Post by !mReader »

I'll take chapters 30 and 40.
smijen

Post by smijen »

Thanks, Xrystabelle!
Welcome, !mReader. :) Please let me know how you'd like to be credited in the catalog (name, and any URL you'd like us to link to). You're welcome to send in a 1-minute test recording if you'd like a sound-check before doing a whole chapter, but this is not required. Check out the Newbie Guide to Recording if you need/want to - and have fun!
BlueMoonJ

Post by BlueMoonJ »

Sarah,

Here's my recording.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200711/04 - Story of the Emperor's New Clothes.mp3
7:26, 6.81 MB

I've had some problems with uploading lately, so please let me know if this doesn't work. I think I might try to do another version of it, because I wasn't so happy with how I read the characters. I thought I'd have them being uncomfortable when they talked about the cloth, because they couldn't see it, but I don't think it would be very clear, particularly not to kids. If that's a problem for you, though, I thought I'd post this one. Then you can give me your comments, too. Thanks!

Miranda
"A loving smile contains all art." -Madeleine L'Engle
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi Miranda,
Yeah, this link won't work because of the spaces. 04 - Story of the Emperor's New Clothes is correct for the ID3 tag, but your file name should be yellowfairybook_04_lang.mp3 (no spaces!). Do you want to re-name it and try re-uploading? Hopefully that'll do it.
BlueMoonJ

Post by BlueMoonJ »

"A loving smile contains all art." -Madeleine L'Engle
smijen

Post by smijen »

Got it - thanks, Miranda!
smijen

Post by smijen »

Hi all - the deadline is 1 week away! Thanks to everyone who replied to my PM's. I'm waiting til the end of the day to hear from cloward3, cynburns, martacanneri, SarahK, soccerball0709, and Ted. We may have a few orphans up for grabs tomorrow.
luciburg

Post by luciburg »

Hi Sarah I'll do Section 26 ( The White Duck)

Lucy :)
[b]There are no strangers, only friends you haven't met yet.[/b]