COMPLETE: LibriVox NaNoWriMo 2007: The Yellow Sheet ge

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 24th, 2007, 8:04 am

EnglishRose17 wrote:I'd like to do chapter 2... with midnight you mean your time, right?
It's yours, Lisa! It's midnight EST - Eastern Standard Time - Boston etc.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Caeristhiona
Posts: 3202
Joined: March 13th, 2006, 4:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by Caeristhiona » September 24th, 2007, 9:14 am

YAY!

Give me a bit, please. :D
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15364
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm

Post by knotyouraveragejo » September 24th, 2007, 9:14 am

Gesine wrote:
knotyouraveragejo wrote:I've never been much of a creative writer, but I'd be happy to proofread. Just fill me in where you need someone.
Well, last year we had a couple of people who thought they'd be no good at writing, then got caught up in the story and decided to give it a go, with excellent results. So if you're just shy, go for it! But no pressure - we need readers/listeners and proof-readers, too!

Would you like to claim some sections that you'd like to proof-read? Currently, the first two are assigned to writers and need proof-readers, but we can do what smijen did and assign PRs to availble sections, too. :)
You can put me down to proofread the first two sections. As far as writing goes, I generally stick to the tech stuff, but I'll think about it once I've read some of the other chapters. :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

EnglishRose17
Posts: 16
Joined: September 23rd, 2007, 12:32 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by EnglishRose17 » September 24th, 2007, 10:37 am

Thank you... so 6am in my time *lol*

Cloud Mountain
Posts: 4064
Joined: June 30th, 2006, 8:42 pm
Location: Jersey Shore, N.
Contact:

Post by Cloud Mountain » September 24th, 2007, 2:24 pm

Gesine wrote:I had a message from Robert Scott, he doesn't want to participate
in the NaNoWriMo any more - so I'm giving ch 1 to you Alan, all right?
Yes. Thank you. Onward and upward!
And again, thanks to you Gesine, thinking
ahead to get started early, we have plenty
of time to do some serious brainstorming.,
Yahooooo!
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 24th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Cloud Mountain wrote:
Gesine wrote:I had a message from Robert Scott, he doesn't want to participate
in the NaNoWriMo any more - so I'm giving ch 1 to you Alan, all right?
Yes. Thank you. Onward and upward!
And again, thanks to you Gesine, thinking
ahead to get started early, we have plenty
of time to do some serious brainstorming.,
Yahooooo!
That's the spirit! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 24th, 2007, 3:42 pm

EnglishRose17 wrote:Thank you... so 6am in my time *lol*
Yes... but don't forget that you're supposed to get the previous chapter by 6am on the 2nd, so you'll have all day and all evening to write. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 24th, 2007, 3:42 pm

knotyouraveragejo wrote:You can put me down to proofread the first two sections. As far as writing goes, I generally stick to the tech stuff, but I'll think about it once I've read some of the other chapters. :)
Alrighty! Thanks.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 24th, 2007, 3:45 pm

Caeristhiona wrote:YAY!

Give me a bit, please. :D
Chapter 06, ok?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

TBOL3
Posts: 416
Joined: August 11th, 2006, 10:03 am

Post by TBOL3 » September 24th, 2007, 5:39 pm

I'd love to do this again, but my life is soooooooo... busy right now. :( :roll:
OpenSciFi
Check out my podcast at: http://www.archive.org/details/OpenSciFi
feed: http://www.feedburner.com/fb/a/dashboard?id=862845
PodcastAlley: http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=49988
forums: http://openscifi.myfreeforum.org/

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » September 25th, 2007, 10:35 am

TBOL3 wrote:I'd love to do this again, but my life is soooooooo... busy right now. :( :roll:
Yes, I read about your IB... well, it's important that you concentrate on that. You don't have long to go now... but see how you're getting on, perhaps you can still join in later! Otherwise you can at least listen, or maybe help the brainstorming effort. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

msirois
Posts: 295
Joined: March 20th, 2006, 1:43 pm
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Post by msirois » October 5th, 2007, 11:16 am

Gesine wrote:I had all these marvellous (really! ;)) ideas about how it could all play out in ongoing chapters... then Hugh came along and introduced a twist that turned it all into smoke. It was a good twist and I liked it, but it wasn't 'my story' any more. And I was lucky that I did like it - he could have equally well done something to one of my characters that I wouldn't have liked
. . . like killing off the main character's true love just after they were reunited? Something like that? I had such plans for Hazel -- dashed in an instant and a hailstorm of automatic weapon fire. :roll:

I guess put me down for the last chapter (unless you think we will do a multi-author final chapter like we did last time, in which case, put me down for Chapter 29).

Michael
Orato Ergo Sum.

Gesine
Posts: 14151
Joined: December 13th, 2005, 4:16 am

Post by Gesine » October 7th, 2007, 1:01 pm

msirois wrote:
Gesine wrote:I had all these marvellous (really! ;)) ideas about how it could all play out in ongoing chapters... then Hugh came along and introduced a twist that turned it all into smoke. It was a good twist and I liked it, but it wasn't 'my story' any more. And I was lucky that I did like it - he could have equally well done something to one of my characters that I wouldn't have liked
. . . like killing off the main character's true love just after they were reunited? Something like that? I had such plans for Hazel -- dashed in an instant and a hailstorm of automatic weapon fire. :roll:

I guess put me down for the last chapter (unless you think we will do a multi-author final chapter like we did last time, in which case, put me down for Chapter 29).

Michael
Yeah, I know what you mean... I had all things imagined for Fulvia, and then Hugh did some unspeakable things with her right in the next chapter. ;)

No multiple endings this time. You'll have to wrap it all up nicely in chapter 30. - Nice to have you back, Michael! There's a brainstorming thread in Off-Topic if you're interested.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Cloud Mountain
Posts: 4064
Joined: June 30th, 2006, 8:42 pm
Location: Jersey Shore, N.
Contact:

Post by Cloud Mountain » October 7th, 2007, 3:57 pm

Gesine wrote:... but don't forget that you're supposed to get the previous chapter by 6am on the 2nd, so you'll have all day and all evening to write. :)
AND, record, edit and deliver the MP3 the next day! (Or get anyone else to do all or part of the recording process.)
Last edited by Cloud Mountain on October 7th, 2007, 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]

Cloud Mountain
Posts: 4064
Joined: June 30th, 2006, 8:42 pm
Location: Jersey Shore, N.
Contact:

Post by Cloud Mountain » October 7th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Can you put me down for Chap 29. (Especially now that MS has volunteered for the closer. Maybe I'll be lucky and the denouement will appropriately appear in 29. We'll see. By that time Michael and others will have worked it out.
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]

Post Reply