COMPLETE: Memoir of Jane Austen by James Austen-Leigh - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cricket

Post by cricket »

Mine's all recorded, but I've only got around to editing the first four and a half minutes so far, after #%!$§/!& audacity died on me on the LAST SNIP ARGH the first time around, and then I went and started a new full-time job. :oops: ;) It's coming, though!
[size=75]It's alright not to have all the answers as long as you don't stop asking the questions.[/size]
Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona »

Oh, I hate it when that happens. I had the same experience last night -- only was recording instead of editing, so it deleted the whole chapter, and I have to re-record! Grr. One of the frustrations of LibriVox. :P
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland
yarnbeagle

Post by yarnbeagle »

I'm sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to drop out of pl'ing this book. Real life has gotten kind of crazy right now, and I just don't have the time to devote to this book. :(
Debbie
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

No problem yarnbeagle. Thanks for letting us know.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Caet has let us know that she will be unable to deal with her projects at LV for a while so I will be watching over this one in the meantime. Also that means that Chapter 6 is now orphaned if anyone is interested in picking it up.

Thanks,
Jo
Chloey

Post by Chloey »

I'll take chapter 6 if it is yet unclaimed. :)

Chloey
[b][color=Purple]"There Is No Other Stream." said Aslan.[/b][/color]
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

first come, first served! It's yours. :)
Chloey

Post by Chloey »

Thanks. :)

Hey, can someone help me interpret this line? I'm giving it a once over before plunging into recording.
The advertisement is in our paper to-day for the first time: 18_s_. He shall ask 1_l_. 1_s_. for my two next, and 1_l_. 8_s_. for my stupidest of all.
Sounds like gibberish to me! ;)

And what do I do with the following phrase?
Upon Mrs. ---'s mentioning
Do I say .."Mrs. blank's"?
Cori

Post by Cori »

The advertisement is in our paper to-day for the first time: 18 shillings. He shall ask 1 pound 1 shilling for my two next, and 1 pound 8 shillings for my stupidest of all.
And, yes. :D (There are other ways, but that's as good as any. I've done a kind of mmhmm mumble, or a throat-clear (but you run the risk there of sounding like you're coming down with something) or you could say Blank clearly, and then put in silence over that when you edit ... )
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Chloey

Post by Chloey »

And, yes. (There are other ways, but that's as good as any. I've done a kind of mmhmm mumble, or a throat-clear (but you run the risk there of sounding like you're coming down with something) or you could say Blank clearly, and then put in silence over that when you edit ... )
Thank you mucho!! :D Will try to be inconspicuous. ;)

Chloey
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

As we come up on the target date for this project (February 14th), would all the readers listed below who have claimed, but not submitted their chapters, please post here with an update.

Giacomo07 - Chap1
sarahashley - Chap2
cricket - Chap3
mrohekar - Chap4
MrssJW - Chap5
litfrog - Chap 7
cynburns - Chap13

In the interest of getting this book into the catalog, if I don't hear from you by the end of this week (Friday, February 15th), your chapter will be returned to the pool and made available to another reader.

Thanks,
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Of the above readers, I have only heard from Giacomo07 who is still planning to record Chapter 1. Therefore, Chapters 2-5, 7 & 13 are now orphaned and I am moving the thread back to Readers Wanted. I've extended the target date for completion to the end of March. Please only claim a chapter if you can complete it within that time frame.

Thanks!

Jo
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Dear Jo, if you are relaxing the one chapter per person rule, I'd like #13.
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Sibella,

I'm planning to finish this up like any regular project. First come, first serve to claim chapters. Chapter 13 is all yours. Thanks!

Jo
Sibella

Post by Sibella »

Great! I have plans for this one. :D
[size=100][b]It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle

[/b][/size]