[SPANISH: FICTION] Don Quijote 2 by Cervantes - ks

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl » September 21st, 2007, 10:59 am

Caeristhiona wrote:Um.

I am very afraid of this.

But I just listened to Cori's podcast.

I taught myself Spanish in order to speak to my Peruvian relatives, and my accent is the product of a Latinist living a couple miles from Mexico and visiting Peru frequently.

However, I will take a section and see how it goes.

*shudders in fear*
You have relatives in Peru?? My dad was born in Cuzco!
Karen S.

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » September 21st, 2007, 11:01 am

Really?? Yeah, a lot of my family is from Lima. :D Though Cuzco is my favorite place to go in Peru. I haven't been in over a year, but I loved it.

Unfortunately for me, all the cousins have since moved to America to go to university. No excuse to go visit anymore. :(
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

Mick

Post by Mick » September 21st, 2007, 4:40 pm

A bit of a torture to pronounce certain words, but I guess I pulled it off.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200709/quijote_vol2_08_cervantes.mp3

Bye!

gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl » September 21st, 2007, 6:28 pm

Caeristhiona wrote:Really?? Yeah, a lot of my family is from Lima. :D Though Cuzco is my favorite place to go in Peru. I haven't been in over a year, but I loved it.

Unfortunately for me, all the cousins have since moved to America to go to university. No excuse to go visit anymore. :(
I've never been able to visit Peru. My parents had left by the time I was born. I've always wanted to, but I haven't made it yet. My mum and I are talking about doing a road trip down the Panamerican Highway within the next couple of years, though, so I'll make it yet!

By the way, Gesine, as I'm in here, I'll take the prologuy bit (section 00) and chapters 4-5 (section 03)
Karen S.

Gesine

Post by Gesine » September 22nd, 2007, 5:22 am

Caeristhiona wrote:Um.

I am very afraid of this.

But I just listened to Cori's podcast.

I taught myself Spanish in order to speak to my Peruvian relatives, and my accent is the product of a Latinist living a couple miles from Mexico and visiting Peru frequently.

However, I will take a section and see how it goes.

*shudders in fear*
Brave Caet! I'm sure it will be marvellous! How about I give you section 17, it's very short - just under 3,000 words.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » September 22nd, 2007, 5:29 am

Mick wrote:A bit of a torture to pronounce certain words, but I guess I pulled it off.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/200709/quijote_vol2_08_cervantes.mp3

Bye!
Thank you, Mick! :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein

Gesine

Post by Gesine » September 22nd, 2007, 5:31 am

gypsygirl wrote:By the way, Gesine, as I'm in here, I'll take the prologuy bit (section 00) and chapters 4-5 (section 03)
Fabulous, thank you.

Caeristhiona

Post by Caeristhiona » September 22nd, 2007, 10:28 am

Gesine wrote:Brave Caet! I'm sure it will be marvellous! How about I give you section 17, it's very short - just under 3,000 words.
Alright, sounds perfect!

This will take a while to get to you, just so you know -- but also, let me say that in this case I am absolutely not afraid or offended to re-record if the Spanish is really incomprehensible. As I said, my accent is sort of appalling. :)
In my experience, nothing ruins a party like someone suddenly speaking Latin in reverse.
-- Jeffrey Rowland

Gesine

Post by Gesine » September 22nd, 2007, 10:31 am

Caeristhiona wrote:
Gesine wrote:Brave Caet! I'm sure it will be marvellous! How about I give you section 17, it's very short - just under 3,000 words.
Alright, sounds perfect!

This will take a while to get to you, just so you know -- but also, let me say that in this case I am absolutely not afraid or offended to re-record if the Spanish is really incomprehensible. As I said, my accent is sort of appalling. :)
OK! :)

arturo

Post by arturo » September 26th, 2007, 2:30 am

Gesine

Post by Gesine » September 26th, 2007, 6:51 am

Brilliant, thank you!

gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl » September 30th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Karen S.

Gesine

Post by Gesine » October 1st, 2007, 12:39 am

Thank you, Karen!

Antonio

Post by Antonio » October 2nd, 2007, 6:43 pm

Hi everyone,
This will be my second time arround reading (not in this project). I'd like to claim section 09 (chpts 15 & 16) if that's allright.
One question though, am I supposed to split it up into two files (one per chapter) or a single file?

Regards,
Antonio

Gesine

Post by Gesine » October 8th, 2007, 7:42 am

Antonio wrote:Hi everyone,
This will be my second time arround reading (not in this project). I'd like to claim section 09 (chpts 15 & 16) if that's allright.
One question though, am I supposed to split it up into two files (one per chapter) or a single file?

Regards,
Antonio
Sorry Antonio, I missed your post! I'll sign you up for section 09. Please put both chapters into one file. :)

EDIT: See this post for an explanation: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170290#170290