Complete[FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe In Paris by Romain Rolland-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

BrianFullen wrote: September 30th, 2022, 12:24 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:06 am
Rel22 wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:36 pm

Hi Yuqing! I'm done recording my part :clap: but I've only gotten through about 50% of the editng. :cry: I've got the other half of editing and a final pass of personal proof listening to go before I upload....So I'll need a few more days at least. :( But it is steadily in progress to the end! :) I'll come back to you in few days.
I've finally loaded mine as well! :clap:
A bit of a learning curve for me but it passes the checker. As this is my first recording, please don't hesitate to let me know anything I need to adjust from your PL! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_03_rolland_128kb.mp3 [34:45]

Happy weekend!
Hi Rel,

When you signed on to J-C in Paris I listened to your 1 minute test and I liked what I heard in your voice and your enthusiasm. I should have told you that then but you had already received better feedback than I could have provided.

Anyway. What I'm doing now is asking that you consider reading in on "An Iceland Fisherman" in Readers Wanted. Don't put too much weight on the title. It really is the story of a man torn between his love for a woman and his affair with the sea. Yes, that story has been treated many times - even in pop song(s). But, IMHO, I think Loti has done it magnificently. The author's name is what first drew me to want to BC the book when I came across it in Book Suggestions. I had heard of him but I never read him and now I'm glad I have. For that matter Cambon, the translator, has a fascinating background too.

I think the depiction of the inter-relationships between the main characters - Yann, Gaud, Sylvestre (and his grandmother) - is remarkably well done. Also, before I decided to BC the book, I took I little time to learn a bit about the ancient culture and language of the Bretons - though very interesting stuff that is not required for this project by any means.

The last thing I'd like to mention is that the book has lot of short sections (chapters); some barely over 100 words. So, you could 'dip a toe in the water' and only 'dive in' after that if you want.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Brian
Hi Brian :)
I'm open to recommendations! And thku so much for your personal comments! (Flattery certainly doesn't hurt the cause :wink: nor my ego!). Tku for pointing me to one of your BC'ed books. Rabbit holes of knowledge are fun. The background of the Bretons, the ancient culture, and Pierre Loti sound fascinating!

I was so thrilled to take on that section in J-C in Paris. I actually hadn't read it before, but when I did, I was so enthralled with the writing and its humour, I couldn't help but want to volunteer to read it. But boy, was it a huge learning curve for me for recording in my current setup! (It wasn't as perfect as I truly wanted, so hoping to improve and do better and better). But I do feel like that forced me to basically take a crash course, and I now realise some of the pitfalls in recording, so maybe I'll be able to spend less time in editing.

I'm definitely in for "An Iceland Fisherman". Let me take a look on that forum and see which ones I could do. :hmm:
Have a nice weekend! :D
:thumbs:
Rel
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

YuqingJune wrote: September 30th, 2022, 2:08 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:06 am I've finally loaded mine as well! :clap:
A bit of a learning curve for me but it passes the checker. As this is my first recording, please don't hesitate to let me know anything I need to adjust from your PL! :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_03_rolland_128kb.mp3 [34:45]

Happy weekend!
Thank you! I'll PL it as soon as I can.
Enjoy your weekend too!
Hi Yuqing! :)
I just realised I forgot to say at the end of my recording, "End of Section 3".
[UPDATE]: I reuploaded it with the correction! (And I kept the length of time the same at 34:45 while keeping to the other requirements, I think!). Apologies in advance!
Last edited by Rel22 on October 1st, 2022, 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rel
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Rel22 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 4:39 am
BrianFullen wrote: September 30th, 2022, 12:24 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:06 am

I've finally loaded mine as well! :clap:

Happy weekend!
Hi Rel,

When you signed on to J-C in Paris I listened to your 1 minute test and I liked what I heard in your voice and your enthusiasm. I should have told you that then but you had already received better feedback than I could have provided.

Anyway. What I'm doing now is asking that you consider reading in on "An Iceland Fisherman" in Readers Wanted. Don't put too much weight on the title. It really is the story of a man torn between his love for a woman and his affair with the sea. Yes, that story has been treated many times - even in pop song(s). But, IMHO, I think Loti has done it magnificently. The author's name is what first drew me to want to BC the book when I came across it in Book Suggestions. I had heard of him but I never read him and now I'm glad I have. For that matter Cambon, the translator, has a fascinating background too.

I think the depiction of the inter-relationships between the main characters - Yann, Gaud, Sylvestre (and his grandmother) - is remarkably well done. Also, before I decided to BC the book, I took I little time to learn a bit about the ancient culture and language of the Bretons - though very interesting stuff that is not required for this project by any means.

The last thing I'd like to mention is that the book has lot of short sections (chapters); some barely over 100 words. So, you could 'dip a toe in the water' and only 'dive in' after that if you want.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Brian
Hi Brian :)
I'm open to recommendations! And thku so much for your personal comments! (Flattery certainly doesn't hurt the cause :wink: nor my ego!). Tku for pointing me to one of your BC'ed books. Rabbit holes of knowledge are fun. The background of the Bretons, the ancient culture, and Pierre Loti sound fascinating!

I was so thrilled to take on that section in J-C in Paris. I actually hadn't read it before, but when I did, I was so enthralled with the writing and its humour, I couldn't help but want to volunteer to read it. But boy, was it a huge learning curve for me for recording in my current setup! (It wasn't as perfect as I truly wanted, so hoping to improve and do better and better). But I do feel like that forced me to basically take a crash course, and I now realise some of the pitfalls in recording, so maybe I'll be able to spend less time in editing.

I'm definitely in for "An Iceland Fisherman". Let me take a look on that forum and see which ones I could do. :hmm:
Have a nice weekend! :D
Thanks, Rel. You have a great weekend too.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rel22 wrote: October 1st, 2022, 5:14 am Hi Yuqing! :)
I just realised I forgot to say at the end of my recording, "End of Section 3".
[UPDATE]: I reuploaded it with the correction! (And I kept the length of time the same at 34:45 while keeping to the other requirements, I think!). Apologies in advance!
No worries! I'll listen to the current version shortly.
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

BrianFullen wrote: September 27th, 2022, 5:52 pm Hi Yuqing,

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_11_rolland_128kb.mp3 is up. It weighs in at 26:29.

Thank you for your patience. Not just with me but in seeing this monumental undertaking through to it's conclusion. I admire your perseverance and your desire to produce this work for librivox listeners.

I've grown somewhat fond of Christophe, but much more so of Romain Rolland.

Cheers,
Brian
Well done! I really enjoyed your recording. This section is now PL OK :thumbs:
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rel22 wrote: September 30th, 2022, 11:06 am I've finally loaded mine as well! :clap:

Happy weekend!
Section 3 is now PL OK. Good job, Rel!
Just as Brian has pointed out, your enthusiasm is incredibly refreshing! :clap:
Cheers,
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

YuqingJune wrote: October 5th, 2022, 5:38 am
BrianFullen wrote: September 27th, 2022, 5:52 pm Hi Yuqing,

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_11_rolland_128kb.mp3 is up. It weighs in at 26:29.

Thank you for your patience. Not just with me but in seeing this monumental undertaking through to it's conclusion. I admire your perseverance and your desire to produce this work for librivox listeners.

I've grown somewhat fond of Christophe, but much more so of Romain Rolland.

Cheers,
Brian
Well done! I really enjoyed your recording. This section is now PL OK :thumbs:
Thank you friend!
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will begin cataloging. :)
and finish it up in the morning.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/jean-christophe-in-paris-by-romain-rolland/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

YuqingJune wrote: October 5th, 2022, 6:07 am

Happy weekend!
Section 3 is now PL OK. Good job, Rel!
Just as Brian has pointed out, your enthusiasm is incredibly refreshing! :clap:
Tku so much for your PL and for your kind words, Yuqing. :)
If it was a pleasure for you to listen to (and accurate as well), I feel grateful it was delivered sufficiently! (Especially it being my 1st one!). Tku for the opportunity to volunteer and record it! :) :)
On to the next one! :D
Rel
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

alg1001 wrote: October 6th, 2022, 3:50 am • This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/jean-christophe-in-paris-by-romain-rolland/

Congratulations! :clap:
Thank you, everyone, for being part of the project! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you all :9:
The third volume of Jean-Christophe has yet to be made into an LV audiobook.
I'll start working on it soon - hopefully, none of you misses our hero so much that a couple of days will be too long :lol:
Cheers,