[Complete -Historical Adventure] In the Hands of the Cave-Dwellers, by G. A. Henty - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Laur

Post by Laur »

redrun wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:01 am
Laur wrote: September 24th, 2022, 7:54 pm And here is Chapter 8, ready for PL...
We're getting close now... do you sense a happy ending?? :lol:... except maybe for Dad and son when they get back and they say...wait, what?...what did we miss?
I hope so! My memory may be short, because I don't remember whether the mother was at the house when it was attacked, or if she went with dad and son.
It's too bad the girl went through so much trouble just to get snagged by someone else, but our hero seems confident enough in his own abilities, and has plenty of willing help!

Chapter 8 is engagingly read as always, with just one note:
At 7:50, I think you meant to say he "gazed intently" at the cliff, where I hear something a little different.
Ooohhhh that’s right….mom was at the house if I remember right 🤔 hummm…great question! What happened to her?? And I’ll go back to spot you marked and re-record it. Forthcoming….
Laur

Post by Laur »

Good grief man! Do you not know my goofy Indian dialect when you hear it?? That was he "gazely intented" very plain! hahaha :oops: :lol: OK... many thanks for your brilliant ears that keep my dialects in check. Chapter 8 fixed (thank goodness to your profound attention), and ready for your Spot PL. :)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Aww, I should have known a "gazely intented" when I heard it, now I'm embarassed! :oops:
With apologies for my lacking vocabulary, well and smoothly edited, and PL OK! :wink:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Last Chapter uploaded (Chapter 9), and ready for PL.
PS... we find out what happened to mom...and there was a great ending imho. Looking forward to any comments and/or fixes that I need to make to wrap this one up! 😉
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

A very good ending indeed! This'll make a great addition to the collection. Since it's read very well and is also pretty short, this will probably be the one I point folks to, when they need a little convincing to add Henty to their reading/listening list! :wink:

Just one note for the final chapter:
At 2:43, we've got a repeat of "and the Indian chief"

I don't know what you're looking to do next, but I'll gladly listen any time. I won't call first dibs (doesn't seem very Librivox-y), but if you find yourself needing a DPL, just let me know! :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

redrun wrote: September 25th, 2022, 8:54 pm A very good ending indeed! This'll make a great addition to the collection. Since it's read very well and is also pretty short, this will probably be the one I point folks to, when they need a little convincing to add Henty to their reading/listening list! :wink:

Just one note for the final chapter:
At 2:43, we've got a repeat of "and the Indian chief"

I don't know what you're looking to do next, but I'll gladly listen any time. I won't call first dibs (doesn't seem very Librivox-y), but if you find yourself needing a DPL, just let me know! :thumbs:
You are an amazing DPL, and I'm so proud to have worked this project with you!! I'll get "the repeat" fixed, and I would be delighted to work other projects with you! Thank you so much for the future offer... I shall take you up on that, and will PM you regarding some ideas.
Laur

Post by Laur »

OK - ready for Spot PL on Chapter 9. :D

Many thanks to you again Redrun, as my DPL with whom a had a great time with in the story telling, and thank you for your honest and very appropriate suggestions for all the fixes. See ya soon! :thumbs:

Lynette: thank you for MC'ing my project! :thumbs: :clap:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Chapter 9 is PL OK! :thumbs:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I’ve seen this but am on my way out to a doctors appointment… will catalog when I get back :thumbs:
Laur

Post by Laur »

Lynnet wrote: September 26th, 2022, 1:01 pm I’ve seen this but am on my way out to a doctors appointment… will catalog when I get back :thumbs:
Thank you. :thumbs:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations on bringing the latest Henty to the catalog. :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/in-the-hands-of-the-cave-dwellers-by-g-a-henty/