[COMPLETE - FORTNIGHTLY POEM] The Fifteen Acres, by James Stephens - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

WOW! My subscribe feature must have turned itself off. I discover this and lo, 4 new recitals sitting there, like eggs in the nest. How exciting, O!

Algy, Nancy, Inkell, your renditions, each one so very different, are all PL OK.

Bill, I marvel at how you added, changed and omitted so many words in this poem. However, since these recordings are "just for fun", I didn't cite any of them. I must ask you, however to add the short disclaimer at the end.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:01 am WOW! My subscribe feature must have turned itself off. I discover this and lo, 4 new recitals sitting there, like eggs in the nest. How exciting, O!

Algy, Nancy, Inkell, your renditions, each one so very different, are all PL OK.

Bill, I marvel at how you added, changed and omitted so many words in this poem. However, since these recordings are "just for fun", I didn't cite any of them. I must ask you, however to add the short disclaimer at the end.
"Added, changed and omitted"? Damn. I tried many, many variation on those terminal "O"s. So probably I uploaded an early, sucky version. Sorry. I'll scratch around for the good version.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 12th, 2022, 12:22 pm
msfry wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:01 am WOW! My subscribe feature must have turned itself off. I discover this and lo, 4 new recitals sitting there, like eggs in the nest. How exciting, O!

"Added, changed and omitted"? Damn. I tried many, many variation on those terminal "O"s. So probably I uploaded an early, sucky version. Sorry. I'll scratch around for the good version.
Bill, the O's were fine. It's ok. Please just append the disclaimer to the poem I PL'd.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you, I'm so glad! I was starting to worry I would need to rerecord something and wouldn't have time
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 12th, 2022, 11:01 am Bill, I marvel at how you added, changed and omitted so many words in this poem. However, since these recordings are "just for fun", I didn't cite any of them. I must ask you, however to add the short disclaimer at the end.
Uploaded corrected version of Fifteen Acres.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/fifteenacres_stephens_waj_128kb.mp3 2:10

sorry to have caused this much trouble on such a simple reading assignment.
You can relax your marveling muscles, the Dreams Collection is now in my rear view mirror.
Last edited by williamjones on August 13th, 2022, 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Much better, Bill. In fact, marvelous, and PL OK. Thank you. :D
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This poem project is closed. Please visit our new fortnightly poem here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=94086

I'll catalog this one after church and lunch today. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-fifteen-acres-by-james-stephens/
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart