[COMPLETE]Birdie and his Fairy Friends, by Margaret T. Canby - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Yes, that was it. I applied some Noise Reduction, lowered volume of some sections, and re-uploaded it. So now this project is ready to catalogue. Cover is just about ready too.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

:thumbs:
msfry

Post by msfry »

I just tweaked the summary. I hope it's not too late. :shock:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

msfry wrote: August 11th, 2022, 2:59 pm I just tweaked the summary. I hope it's not too late. :shock:
I noticed in time... unless you changed it again? If so, I'll need to let it finish deriving , then edit it at Archive 8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations to all readers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/birdie-and-his-fairy-friends-by-margaret-t-canby/

Michele, you might want to check the summary now it has finished deriving.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Lynnet wrote: August 11th, 2022, 3:52 pm
Michele, you might want to check the summary now it has finished deriving.
Alas, no it didn't make it on time. Here is the final version, with a few important new details.

This book contains 13 stories for little children, about a little boy named Birdie and his adventures out in nature with the fairies. The stories include "The Frost Fairies", made famous by a very similar short story entitled "The Frost King", penned by deaf/blind Helen Keller when she was a young girl. Helen's story was so similar to Margaret Canby's tale, that Keller was accused of plagerizing. Her teacher Anne Sullivan finally pieced together that a friend had read Margaret’s story to Helen years before, and she had internalized many details without remembering the story having been read to her. This episode helped reveal what Mrs. Canby described as Helen's "wonderfully active and retentive mind", and she was honored for her story to be so well remembered (and made so famous). (Summary by Michele Fry)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

:thumbs:

It is being modified at Archive. It could take a few minutes to a couple of hours, but I've done the necessary.
msfry

Post by msfry »

I will let everyone know when it's done and the cover is up, so we can all bask in the glory of another completed book. It's been a pleasure meeting so many new readers on this project, and trying out having someone else DPL for me. We were all on a whole new adventure together!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks again all, and thank you Lynne for cataloging and updating to the latest summary. Here we are on IA. :clap: :clap: :clap:
https://archive.org/details/birdie_and_his_fairy_friends_2208_librivox