[COMPLETE][Short Stories]The Black Cat Vol. 02 No. 11 August 1897 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: this was a funny story. And I totally enjoyed your matronly voices (though I wouldn't want to be invited to tea with those gossips :mrgreen: ) An excellent read and totally PL ok.

Thank you so much, and wishing you a good weekend

Sonia
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

Kitty wrote: June 25th, 2022, 4:44 am
:lol: this was a funny story. And I totally enjoyed your matronly voices (though I wouldn't want to be invited to tea with those gossips :mrgreen: ) An excellent read and totally PL ok.

Thank you so much, and wishing you a good weekend

Sonia
"Luck and begora," thank ye kindly Sonia. :clap:

I had a lot of fun reading this, and I confess at times laughing out loud on hearing the playback as I edited the audio. In my mind's eye I could see these characters interacting in such open and genuine ways, their dialogue moving the story along with the crisp narrative.

It was a pleasure for me to be introduced to Erskine Hamilton's writings. I think he did a masterful job in this delightful short story, which could easily be adapted into a dramatic group reading.

Thank you Sonia for your encouragement and feedback, it is always much appreciated. And thank you also for the many contributions you make to Librivox. Be of good cheer.

Kindest regards,
Kerry Adams
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yourbookvoice wrote: June 25th, 2022, 7:12 amI had a lot of fun reading this, and I confess at times laughing out loud on hearing the playback as I edited the audio.
me too while listening :lol: it was very entertaining. And I thought to myself: we have to recruit him into our drama forum ;) if you ever feel like acting out without impunity, please join us there. Lots of funny plays. If you participate in the ones Todd is launching, chances are high you will meet me again as DPL :mrgreen: For the moment there are still many open slots in some of the comedies.
It was a pleasure for me to be introduced to Erskine Hamilton's writings. I think he did a masterful job in this delightful short story, which could easily be adapted into a dramatic group reading.
The Black Cat offers so many authors who write so well but are largely unknown, it's almost a shame. I'm glad they get a bit more publicity with LV now. Maybe you'll find a book of his short stories :hmm:

Sonia
JulieB3

Post by JulieB3 »

Spoiler: This one has a happy ending!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0211aug1897_1_various_128kb.mp3 36:34

Enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JulieB3 wrote: June 25th, 2022, 12:40 pmSpoiler: This one has a happy ending!
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/blackcat0211aug1897_1_various_128kb.mp3 36:34
a brilliant story 8-) The constant letters and warnings would have driven me restless as well. :shock: I was so afraid there would be no satisfying solution to it, but luckily this one is solved in the end. And so funny that the woman was only there by chance, but not every incident in life is connected, as we can see. :lol:

Another great narrative, Julie, thank you so much. It's straight PL ok and this concludes the current issue of the Black Cat. :9:

Big thanks to our five talented narrators this time: Alan, Greg, Julie, Kerry and Todd !

Here are the teasers I wanted to offer for your stories:
Her Bare Foot: what is the mystery behind the continued warnings about her bare foot ?
Miss Phoebe and Mr. Lorton: a long-lost letter is finally found to change the fate of two people
A No Quorum Night: listen to the first court-recorded ghost story in America
Tim Halliday's Baby: by which mysterious means did the baby get into possession of the silver dollars ?
Ezra Collingford's Figure 4 Trap: to save his honour, a desperate man invents an ingenious plot
launching the cataloguing now and will post the link once finished.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and it went through without a glitch :)

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/black-cat-02-11-aug1897-by-various/

Moving to completed...

Sonia