Complete-GROUP: The Queen Who Flew: A Fairy Tale by Ford Madox Ford-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Indianreader wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:57 pm Thank you. I will do all the edits soon. The missing words, I did notice but I thought since the Gutenberg file and the Google doc had missed the same words, I should go ahead and do it as such!

At the end (30:00) should I say end of section 5 AND end of the queen who flew?

Yoganandh
You can leave in "The end of The Queen Who Flew" and just add "End of section 5" before it. Thanks for checking!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Indianreader

Post by Indianreader »

Scarbo wrote: May 16th, 2022, 2:16 am
Indianreader wrote: May 15th, 2022, 9:57 pm Thank you. I will do all the edits soon. The missing words, I did notice but I thought since the Gutenberg file and the Google doc had missed the same words, I should go ahead and do it as such!

At the end (30:00) should I say end of section 5 AND end of the queen who flew?

Yoganandh
You can leave in "The end of The Queen Who Flew" and just add "End of section 5" before it. Thanks for checking!
Thank you
Yoganandh
Indianreader

Post by Indianreader »

Scarbo wrote: May 15th, 2022, 4:45 pm
Indianreader wrote: May 15th, 2022, 6:17 am Hi
Here is section 5
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/queenwhoflew_5_ford_128kb.mp3
30' 11" long

Yoganandh
Thank you for section 5! It sounds great. I have just a few notes:

- At 4:33, "and did as they did," I hear "and they did as they did"
- At 5:25, "for the door was all covered up. Then indeed it was very cold work getting about," I hear "for the door was half covered up. Then indeed it was very cold work quitting about"
- At 5:33, "because the had covered all his familiar landmarks. The made it very hard walking," the Internet Archive scan shows that it should read "because the snow had covered all his familiar landmarks. The snow made it very hard walking." Would you mind adding the lines with "snow" so that the meaning is clearer to the listener? Sorry for overlooking that typo originally!
- At 7:16, "So, early one morning," you say "So, early one rooming." ("Rooming" is a typo in the Project Gutenberg text, but if you refer to the text link in the MW, you'll see that it has this and most of the other major typos corrected. You did catch some other typos that I missed - thank you!)
- At 11:16, there's a repeat of "The Queen said"
- At 13:03, "through the gay streets," I hear "through the gray streets"
- At 24:00, "so that it became the state tongue," I hear "so that it became the straight tongue"
- At 27:54, "'Why, what is it?' she asked," would you mind reading, "'Why, what is it?' he asked"? That's another typo that I missed somehow.
- At 30:00, after "happily ever after," could you add "End of section 5"?
- Could you change the filename to queenwhoflew_05_ford_128kb?
Hi
I have done the corrections and re-uploaded. So bear with me if I have left out anything this time (which I hope isn't the case). Now it is 30:13 long

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/queenwhoflew_05_ford_128kb.mp3

Yoganandh
Yoganandh
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Indianreader wrote: May 17th, 2022, 10:21 am Hi
I have done the corrections and re-uploaded. So bear with me if I have left out anything this time (which I hope isn't the case). Now it is 30:13 long

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/queenwhoflew_05_ford_128kb.mp3

Yoganandh
PL OK! Thank you!

That makes this project ready for cataloging!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Amy, I have a question when you have a chance. I had an impression that at the time of cataloging, the file duration should be the only thing in the Notes field, though I might have made that up. In any case, I removed the links to the Google Doc texts that were in those fields. If they need to still be linked for any reason, I'll be happy to put them back. Thank you!

ETA: Looking at the BC wiki page, it looks like I did make that up, so I can add the links back if needed.

Sarah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

You're right. The links in the notes section do have to be removed before it is cataloged. Thank you for doing it!
I'll get it cataloged tomorrow. I'm off to bed.
Have a good night!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-queen-who-flew-a-fairy-tale-by-ford-madox-ford/

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Amy! I forgot that I had edited the summary since I launched the project. Could you change the summary on the catalog page to the one currently in the first post, if it's not too much trouble? I apologize for overlooking that.

Thank you, readers! :clap:

Sarah
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi,
No trouble at all. It is updated now. :)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you!

Sarah