COMPLETE Ghost and Horror Story Collection Vol. 060 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Ansam wrote: May 17th, 2022, 7:26 am Hi Rapunzelina, I thought I might as well try for the hat trick. So please find below:
“He” by H.P. Lovecraft.
It’s an odd one, but I love the sense of being caught between this world and others that it describes.
Time: 33m 25s

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/gohor060_he_lovecraft_as_128kb.mp3
https://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/he.aspx
Cheers,
Andy
Thank you, Andy! The hat trick might not work, as in my absence the above submissions have brought the number of stories for the collection to capacity. This is PL OK however, so I'll add it directly to the next collection when I set it up!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Asproule1984 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 11:48 pm Morning Librivoxels. I have finished re-recording editing a reading of the Shunned house for this short story collection for review.
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/shunned_house_lovecraft_ams_128kb.mp3
Rapunzelina wrote: May 17th, 2022, 9:27 am Thank you! I enjoyed listening! I have a few PL notes:

add "The Shunned house by H.P. Lovecraft" at the very beginning, before the disclaimer. You can copy this from the beginning of the story.

There's an electronic bleep around 6:24. It's OK if you can't, but as it is a bit distracting, it would be great if you could re-record and replace that phrase/sentence without the bleep.

missing text at 12:55 "The widowed Rhoby Harris never recovered from the shock of her husband's death, and the passing of her first-born Elkanah two years later was the final blow to her reason. In 1768 she fell victim to a mild form of insanity, and was thereafter confined to the upper part of the house; her elder maiden sister, Mercy Dexter, having moved in to take charge of the family. Mercy was a plain, raw-boned woman of great strength; but her health visibly declined from the time of her advent. She was greatly devoted to her unfortunate sister, and had an especial affection for her only surviving nephew William, who from a sturdy infant had become a sickly, spindling lad. In this year the servant Mehitabel died, and the other servant, Preserved Smith, left without coherent explanation—or at least, with only some wild tales and a complaint that he disliked the smell of the place."

repeated text to be deleted at 14:05-14:40 "It was Anne White..."

ditto at 17:06-17:16 "In the autumn of 1782..."

please leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.
:!: I've just opened the next collection, so when you are ready to re-upload, please post it here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=92867
with filename ghohor061_shunnedhouse_lovecraft_128kb
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

A nice variety of more than 7,5 hours filled with horror and eeriness is now in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/short-ghost-and-horror-collection-060-by-various/

:clap: :clap:

Thank you everybody!
Asproule1984

Post by Asproule1984 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 17th, 2022, 12:14 pm
Asproule1984 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 11:48 pm Morning Librivoxels. I have finished re-recording editing a reading of the Shunned house for this short story collection for review.
Rapunzelina wrote: May 17th, 2022, 9:27 am Thank you! I enjoyed listening! I have a few PL notes:

add "The Shunned house by H.P. Lovecraft" at the very beginning, before the disclaimer. You can copy this from the beginning of the story.

There's an electronic bleep around 6:24. It's OK if you can't, but as it is a bit distracting, it would be great if you could re-record and replace that phrase/sentence without the bleep.

missing text at 12:55 "The widowed Rhoby Harris never recovered from the shock of her husband's death, and the passing of her first-born Elkanah two years later was the final blow to her reason. In 1768 she fell victim to a mild form of insanity, and was thereafter confined to the upper part of the house; her elder maiden sister, Mercy Dexter, having moved in to take charge of the family. Mercy was a plain, raw-boned woman of great strength; but her health visibly declined from the time of her advent. She was greatly devoted to her unfortunate sister, and had an especial affection for her only surviving nephew William, who from a sturdy infant had become a sickly, spindling lad. In this year the servant Mehitabel died, and the other servant, Preserved Smith, left without coherent explanation—or at least, with only some wild tales and a complaint that he disliked the smell of the place."

:!: I've just opened the next collection, so when you are ready to re-upload, please post it here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=92867
I will do just that. thank you for the feedback.
Asproule1984

Post by Asproule1984 »

Rapunzelina wrote: May 17th, 2022, 12:14 pm

Morning. Believe I got the editing done, although methinks something got lost in the shuffle. question. when you highlight and cut a section of audio, a new track starts. got some empty spaces when I was moving them around is there a hotkey to, lack of a better way to describe it, snap them together for convenience? Thanks.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'm trying to picture what you are describing. Do you mean you have multiple tracks (one above the other) that if they were joined they would fill the empty spaces and form a whole?
Or do you mean you have one long track with spaces in-between you'd like to remove?

If it's one long track, does it help if you highlight with the mouse, the space you want to remove, then press the Delete key on the keyboard?