COMPLETE: The Case of the Lamp That Went Out by Auguste Groner -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

The Introduction to Joe Muller is also ready for PL. :)
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jo. Chapter 11 is absolutely PL ok again. One final chapter and we will know what happens with Thorne. Will he escape ?

As for the introduction, textually it's also flawless, but I was wondering, since this is now the first section of the recording, the full LV intro belongs at the beginning of this section, instead of Chapter 1. Maybe you could switch those two around and reupload ? I will set them both back to PL notes for the time being.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, good point. - Done
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaaaand PL ok :)

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks. The denouement will hopefully be coming before the week is out... :D
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

And finally chapter 12 is ready for PL. :) No spoilers here... :wink:
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ahhh it's a cosy, how lovely. Two years in jail is not too much to bear, and then Thorne is back with his loving family :9: I'm happy. And I loved the final sentence about Knoll's future appearances in the books. Very nice.

I enjoyed the whole book, thanks Jo, lovely narrations all. The final chapter is also PL ok, so this is ready for the catalogue. :thumbs:

I need to think about recording this in the German original one day...it's a good series.

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks, Sonia. Glad you enjoyed listening to this book for me. I have a cover ready and will catalog today. I imagine it would be interesting if you do record these in German to see how close to the original the English translation is.

Meanwhile, I think I will find a new author for my next mystery. There is one more Muller book, Mene tekel (https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.hwsqta&view=1up&seq=5), that maybe I will come back and do at some point. I'll see.

Anyway it was nice having you along for this one. Thanks again!
Jo
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 20th, 2022, 11:15 amI imagine it would be interesting if you do record these in German to see how close to the original the English translation is.
the few books I have read in translations and original sometimes had large gaps which were not translated at all :shock: Maybe the translator got lazy along the way. With old books I would think they would stay more faithful though. We'll see, I'll let you know if ever I get there. I haven't checked yet whether I can find the scans :lol: Archive only has two English ones: https://archive.org/details/menetekeltaleofs00gron and https://archive.org/details/joemullerdetect00compgoog

You'll stay in the mystery/crime section with your next solos ?

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, I typically stick with one mystery and one nonfiction book in parallel. I typically try to pick mysteries by female authors if possible, but not necessarily exclusively. :)
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-case-of-the-lamp-that-went-out-by-auguste-groner/
Jo