COMPLETE: A Personal Record, by Joseph Conrad -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 5th, 2022, 12:19 pm Hi Peter. I don't see any mention of a prearranged MC, so I will go ahead and set this up for you. :) MW will be along shortly.
Hi Jo, I have now added a description of this work to the opening posting for this topic (the description was previously marked 'TBA'). Can you please copy this description to the project page?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Will do, Peter. Thanks for letting me know.
Jo
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 13th, 2022, 6:58 pm Will do, Peter. Thanks for letting me know.
Thanks Jo.
Sorry to do this to you, but I can see now I omitted a colon in a critical place. Have amended first post in this topic, but project page should include the colon (originally missing) that appears in the following: "the kind of Joseph Conrad he would have liked to have been seen as: a man capable of wry humour and self-deprecation"
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

No problem! :)
Jo
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

I have uploaded section 08: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/personalrecord_08_conrad_128kb.mp3 (22:25)

... and so endeth the memoirs. 'Outcast of the Islands' next.
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of sections 6 and 7 is fine.

I recently read Murakami's "What I talk about when I talk about running" which also includes how he came to write and his approach to writing and exercising. I enjoy Murakami's novels but had no idea that he's such a dedicated runner. He's incredibly systematic about these passions. It's interesting to now listen to Conrad's early stages in his writing career.
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

TheBanjo wrote: January 14th, 2022, 12:25 am I have uploaded section 08: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/personalrecord_08_conrad_128kb.mp3 (22:25)

... and so endeth the memoirs. 'Outcast of the Islands' next.
Looking forward to the final chapter!

Please let me know when the next book is launched :D
==========
Susanne
Sunrise2020

Post by Sunrise2020 »

PL of section 8 is fine.

Congratulations on another flawless recording ! :clap:
==========
Susanne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Congratulations Peter on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/a-personal-record-by-joseph-conrad/
Jo
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 14th, 2022, 11:05 pm Congratulations Peter on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

Thanks very much for your help, Jo. All very easy and seamless.

I can see that 'someone' has provided a very nice CD cover, and I would like to thank whoever is responsible in the usual place. However, when I go to download the CD cover (the lower of the two art links on archive.org) I'm currently getting a message indicating that it's not available. Do you happen to know whether this is some kind of boo boo, or whether it's just a case of 'not available YET'?
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

Sunrise2020 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 5:45 am PL of section 8 is fine.

Congratulations on another flawless recording ! :clap:
Thanks very much Susanne. Managed to avoid the 'last section stumbles' again! Hope to have the next one launched within a few days. Will let you know just as soon as it's up and running.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

TheBanjo wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:22 pm
knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 14th, 2022, 11:05 pm Congratulations Peter on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox! This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed:

Thanks very much for your help, Jo. All very easy and seamless.

I can see that 'someone' has provided a very nice CD cover, and I would like to thank whoever is responsible in the usual place. However, when I go to download the CD cover (the lower of the two art links on archive.org) I'm currently getting a message indicating that it's not available. Do you happen to know whether this is some kind of boo boo, or whether it's just a case of 'not available YET'?
That 'someone' was me. The mistake in the filename of the pdf would also be mine. It should be working now. :) Sorry about that!
Jo
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 15th, 2022, 11:32 pm
That 'someone' was me. The mistake in the filename of the pdf would also be mine. It should be working now. :) Sorry about that!
Hey, lucky me! Thanks so much. It's terrific, and totally appropriate.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Glad you like it!
Jo